DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I need a job.I can run terrible routes and have Wentz overlook me every play as a target and I can do it for a measley 200k a  year.I can save them a boatload of money!!! Where do I sign? I need to work on my pre-game dance moves

Evidently hire Agholor’s agent. Can you alligator arm some catches as well? Might need you to do some really poor tracking of the ball as well. You have to cover all areas of suckutude to get the 9.4 mil he’s getting this year.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Evidently hire Agholor’s agent. Can you alligator arm some catches as well. Might need you to do some really poor tracking of the ball as well. You have to cover all areas of suckutude to get the 9.4 mil he’s getting this year.

I'm sure I can cover all those after intense 15 minutes of film study

Maybe we could fire our WR coach and hire a soccer coach. At least he could teach them the art of taking a dive. Get us a few pass interference calls. That would be an upgrade.

They aren’t any good with their hands anyway. Soccer coach might improve them.

18 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why did it seem I was the only one questioning this beforehand?

There it is ...come on man... all good points over the last few days then you gotta do it!    New Years resolution for 2020... just keep making excellent points without the need to mention "I called it"  

BTW... Dillard at RT ... I think we can agree... it wasn't about him as much as lack of confidence in Big V.     Don't like him on the right side.  RT especially.   He plays better at LT or at Guard... we seem to both agree there.    I apologize for me and the rest who thought this, agreed with your post ... but forgot to keep score and metion it...lol.  

BTW... just so I can go on record ... when "coach Clap" gets fired... and you take credit for "Calling it"   don't forget to mention me on that.  I need the recognition...lol.       Whoever it was saying at least they got close ...etc.   Doug as head coach way better than Garrett.   As play caller ... Garrett doesnt call the plays... if you want to give credit for getting down there, give it to their OC ... Garrett makes more important decisions ... like kicking a FG down 7 ...lol.    On top of still needing a TD anyway... you let the Pats off the hook with field positon in that sequence by kicking off.  Keep them pinned down.  

13 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I agree with the first paragraph. And it shows you aren’t just lashing out in emotion(which is the bitterness we all feel at this point in the season having this crappy record). And we were a Championship team two years ago. But three years ago we weren’t very good. We didn’t have Alshon. Didn’t have a talented RB...or two. Just had Agholor. He sucked. Then he had one good season as the fourth option behind Ertz, Jeffrey and Smith. Then shocker with Agholor as the top WR our offense sucks again. With only the inexperienced rook RB our offense sucks again. Huuummmmm ....wonder if that matters? What changed from three to two years ago? Seems like mostly the type guys we are missing. Our top RB makes a difference(especially when Sproles and Clement are done). Our Top WR makes a difference(especially with DJax being done).

Ham, you know I am one of the Biggest supporters of Wentz. I still am, but he is playing with absolutely no confidence. Sure allot has to do with lack of support from the WR's. But he is not seeing the whole field. I don't know how many plays he locked onto a WR when another was wide open. How many times did he hold onto the ball too long when it was obvious he needed to take what the defense gave him and toss it out to the RB in the flat? He is over throwing wide open targets. Even if we get back Howard, Johnson and Jeffrey, we won't have enough to do any damage. I believe DJax is out for the season, right?

10 hours ago, joemas6 said:

There it is ...come on man... all good points over the last few days then you gotta do it!    New Years resolution for 2020... just keep making excellent points without the need to mention "I called it"  

BTW... Dillard at RT ... I think we can agree... it wasn't about him as much as lack of confidence in Big V.     Don't like him on the right side.  RT especially.   He plays better at LT or at Guard... we seem to both agree there.    I apologize for me and the rest who thought this, agreed with your post ... but forgot to keep score and metion it...lol.  

BTW... just so I can go on record ... when "coach Clap" gets fired... and you take credit for "Calling it"   don't forget to mention me on that.  I need the recognition...lol.       Whoever it was saying at least they got close ...etc.   Doug as head coach way better than Garrett.   As play caller ... Garrett doesnt call the plays... if you want to give credit for getting down there, give it to their OC ... Garrett makes more important decisions ... like kicking a FG down 7 ...lol.    On top of still needing a TD anyway... you let the Pats off the hook with field positon in that sequence by kicking off.  Keep them pinned down.  

And somehow you didn’t respond to all those other posts. Just this one. What’s that saying about you?

3 hours ago, stine said:

Ham, you know I am one of the Biggest supporters of Wentz. I still am, but he is playing with absolutely no confidence. Sure allot has to do with lack of support from the WR's. But he is not seeing the whole field. I don't know how many plays he locked onto a WR when another was wide open. How many times did he hold onto the ball too long when it was obvious he needed to take what the defense gave him and toss it out to the RB in the flat? He is over throwing wide open targets. Even if we get back Howard, Johnson and Jeffrey, we won't have enough to do any damage. I believe DJax is out for the season, right?

Out for the regular season. Belief is he would be ready for any postseason games. I still believe it possible!

And to follow up with No Mas...it wasn’t about the I...I was just surprised everyone wasn’t talking about it. Seemed obvious. Dillard has NEVER played RT. Not that with sufficient training he couldn’t. But leading up to the game he was even quoted as saying the switch was like writing an essay with the wrong hand. Red flags were everywhere. I wasn’t taking credit as much as shocked it wasn’t a hot topic with all.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And to follow up with No Mas...it wasn’t about the I...I was just surprised everyone wasn’t talking about it. Seemed obvious. Dillard has NEVER played RT. Not that with sufficient training he couldn’t. But leading up to the game he was even quoted as saying the switch was like writing an essay with the wrong hand. Red flags were everywhere. I wasn’t taking credit as much as shocked it wasn’t a hot topic with all.

When there is a hole to fill and you have no players,but you need a body,what choice do you have?

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

When there is a hole to fill and you have no players,but you need a body,what choice do you have?

Put BIG V on the right and Dillard on the left. Place Goedert or Ertz on the right to assist if needed. Dillard is more able on the left than Big V. By placing Big V on the left and Dillard on the right, you are hurting 2 positions instead of one...

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

That’s what my whole post was about. I (sorry No Mas)went through the options that I(sorry No Mas) believed were better. V was a better option at RT. I(sorry again) preferred Seumalo at RT while inserting V at G.

Basically I believe Seumalo is our second best RT. I’m really beginning to believe Vatai is better at G than T. He might be our second best G(ahead of Seumalo). They continuously stated how they weren’t crosstraining Dillard. That he was strictly focused on becoming the best LT he could be....as fast as possible. Matt Pryor is only good against a sled. Real players really make him look terrible.

20 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I need a job.I can run terrible routes and have Wentz overlook me every play as a target and I can do it for a measley 200k a  year.I can save them a boatload of money!!! Where do I sign? I need to work on my pre-game dance moves

Hehehehe...sign me up brother, I'll be 62 pn Wednesday I can back u up. Could probably manage a 4.6 forty at this age.lol

15 minutes ago, trini said:

Hehehehe...sign me up brother, I'll be 62 pn Wednesday I can back u up. Could probably manage a 4.6 forty at this age.lol

We’ll put you on punt returns. We need you to wave fair catch and then....get the hell out of the way and just let it go. Kick returns you could field as well. Key is to stand back there and watch the ball go into the end zone over your head. I feel you are uniquely qualified for this job. No one better!

1 hour ago, stine said:

Put BIG V on the right and Dillard on the left. Place Goedert or Ertz on the right to assist if needed. Dillard is more able on the left than Big V. By placing Big V on the left and Dillard on the right, you are hurting 2 positions instead of one...

Stuff like this makes me question ped.I agree with it(what you stated),but maybe Ped is not convinced about V at RT either

26 minutes ago, trini said:

I can run a 4.2(4 minutes and 2 seconds)

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Strap is back! Well he can practice again now at least. You get two guys that can return from IR. DJax would be the presumed second if we actually make the playoffs.

Playoffs lmao

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We’ll put you on punt returns. We need you to wave fair catch and then....get the hell out of the way and just let it go. Kick returns you could field as well. Key is to stand back there and watch the ball go into the end zone over your head. I feel you are uniquely qualified for this job. No one better!

HEHE,yeah no need to take a chance on getting hit

Told my daughter how proud I was that I finally shot a 67. She said "Dad ,you were bowling" Yeah go ahead and rain on my parade!!! Sheesh

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

The thing is we need to bring the kids up. Doug screwed up when unlike most of the players on this team Doug decided not to cross-train Dillard. Almost every other player on this team must play multiple positions 🤒 Not Dillard? Until Lane goes down. Dougs resistance and slow transitions getting new players into our scheme has become problematic.

Golden Tate never really had a chance to fit in here. Those mistakes by the WR, poor route running after these guys had a full training camp and have  been with the team...That Cannot Be the first time us seeing those tendencies on tape. Season long injuries to our WR corps those issues with the New guys didn't just start showing themselves.  Twelve games into the season they still can't do it right...Ward has been here three seasons.  JJAW was a top Red Zone threat in college but NOW he is with the Eagles, he can't run routes. Why?

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Told my daughter how proud I was that I finally shot a 67. She said "Dad ,you were bowling" Yeah go ahead and rain on my parade!!! Sheesh

Hahaha...not a well puppy...brother...hahahaha.