DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Hard to let Pederson go after he won our only SB. Better to clean slate of his assistants. There are many bright coaches out there. Bring some in.

3 minutes ago, stine said:

Hard to let Pederson go after he won our only SB. Better to clean slate of his assistants. There are many bright coaches out there. Bring some in.

Ped didn't win it,it was Reich.Ped is no more capable than Chip was.Sadly he is a "nice guy",but that doesn't help the team

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/morning-roundup-disgusted-mad-and-angry    This backs up what I said.This one was on the defense,but we can't go places unless both sides of the ball function.Too may night parties with the bikini babes? IDK,but it's a pathetic display of ineptitude,a coaching and player fail and everyone knew this was a MUST win.Even winning out leaves us at 9-7 but now that seems like a pipe dream

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IMO it was Reich,after he left,it showed me Ped has learned ZIP after yesterdays display of piss poor clock management, lack of motivation,vanilla play calls and Lurie is a fool if he holds onto Ped after the season ends

Lmao don’t think Pedey is that bad again my view is that he is falling into the AR trap of not surrounding himself with good coordinators. Doug has to focus on the big picture stuff but he can’t rely on his OC WR coaches etc to do their jobs so he has to spread himself thin to help them....

Biggest thing from 16-17 to the last two years is we had a fantastic staff around Doug....Riech was a trusted advisor for him not sure Groh is the same type of sound board. Deflippo was one of the best QB coaches around, Groh though not working well as a OC was a great WR coach.

34 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao don’t think Pedey is that bad

Depends.He's as good as Chip,so if you liked Chip,then....... Vanilla plays,going away from what work's,lack of adjustments or anticipating the other teams adjustments at the half, godawful clock management that is so bad you or I could do better.No motivational skills,but excellent excuse skills.Nope,sorry,I disagree with you(no shock) 'We need to do better" no longer has any meaning-just empty words

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001080984/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-13-bills-hit-top-10-cowboys-fall-out     While this is not the end all, it's a nice guide to use as the season goes on.A reminder at seasons start we were ranked 6th and after the humilation in south beach(this ranking was last week) this will fall even farther.Back to bottom feeding like lake catfish

32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Depends.He's as good as Chip,so if you liked Chip,then....... Vanilla plays,going away from what work's,lack of adjustments or anticipating the other teams adjustments at the half, godawful clock management that is so bad you or I could do better.No motivational skills,but excellent excuse skills.Nope,sorry,I disagree with you(no shock) 'We need to do better" no longer has any meaning-just empty words

Chip never won a playoff game....Doug has a SB ring....Yea would say Doug is better then Chip not even close 

16 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Chip never won a playoff game....Doug has a SB ring....Yea would say Doug is better then Chip not even close 

2 words-Frank Reich- got him his ring -ONE playoff game -HAHAHA.You are really reaching now.I'm done

15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

2 words-Frank Reich- got him his ring -ONE playoff game -HAHAHA.You are really reaching now.I'm done

Lmao giving Riech way to much credit yes think he was part of the reason as was having a great QB coach and a great WR coach....

Your the guy reaching SB winning coach the same as a guy who never won a playoff game 

How many SB wins Riech have again as a HC????? zero 

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Nope! Pedey got Reich his ring. Reich is a quality guy. But you got this backwards all day.

12 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001080984/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-13-bills-hit-top-10-cowboys-fall-out     While this is not the end all, it's a nice guide to use as the season goes on.A reminder at seasons start we were ranked 6th and after the humilation in south beach(this ranking was last week) this will fall even farther.Back to bottom feeding like lake catfish

Could there be a less meaningless thing than NFL power ranking? Pointless fodder for the talking heads.

16 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao giving Riech way to much credit yes think he was part of the reason as was having a great QB coach and a great WR coach....

Your the guy reaching SB winning coach the same as a guy who never won a playoff game 

How many SB wins Riech have again as a HC????? zero 

He's only been a HC one year???? Another reach

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Nope! Pedey got Reich his ring. Reich is a quality guy. But you got this backwards all day.

The tell me why the team went downhill AFTER Reich left and why are the play calls back to vanilla and noone seems able to execute a thing? Did Ped get dumber? Yeah,must be it

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Could there be a less meaningless thing than NFL power ranking? Pointless fodder for the talking heads.

I said it was a GUIDE did I not?:??? The "fodder" is we were SUPPOSED to be GOOD and a CONTENDER but have been sinking into the abyss and this just shows that

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

The tell me why the team went downhill AFTER Reich left and why are the play calls back to vanilla and noone seems able to execute a thing? Did Ped get dumber? Yeah,must be it

See earlier posts. 

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

GB, have to disagree this time. While Reich did a great job with the offense, Pederson was the brain trust for the Team as a whole. You are saying the one aspect (OC) was the only reason the Eagles won a SB? Really? Special Teams, Defense and position coaches had nothing to do with it? We had the right chemistry in 2017. We don't right now. Major reason is we are 2 years older and players are getting hurt. Do you think we would be in this situation if DJax played over half the season instead of one and a half games? We lost Malik game 2 or 3. Howard is out. Jeffrey has been hurt most of the year. None of this has to do with our win loss record?

FL it’s much more complicated than just losing Reich. To understand much of what’s gone on you have to look at the front office moves. After Chip got the boot. Then Rosie took over. He made some fantastic moves. But he didn’t clear the cap up. He moved out some salaries but backloaded many others. Drafted Wentz which took a bunch of draft capital. And when you win a SB all those players become SB winning players. That ups their contract value. I’ve harped plenty enough on the field stretcher that Torrey was has been massively missed. But we couldn’t even keep Blount here at 2 mil. I don’t believe Reich had much to do with the defense. So I’m just going to point out how that side isn’t as good. Draft picks Jones and Douglas haven’t paid off. So if you don’t have much in the draft....and you don’t bring in much as far as free agents...what happens? And it still felt like we were an Alshon drop away from going to the NFC Championship game...against the Rams...that we just had beaten.

My logic is the same Doug issue is the lack of support around him....If we attack the offseason starting with the staff we should be alright...Getting the right OC next to Doug should be top priority was trying to give Groh the benefit of the doubt but can’t anymore...Also need a WR coach that can get the best from the guys 

8 hours ago, stine said:

GB, have to disagree this time. While Reich did a great job with the offense, Pederson was the brain trust for the Team as a whole. You are saying the one aspect (OC) was the only reason the Eagles won a SB? Really? Special Teams, Defense and position coaches had nothing to do with it? We had the right chemistry in 2017. We don't right now. Major reason is we are 2 years older and players are getting hurt. Do you think we would be in this situation if DJax played over half the season instead of one and a half games? We lost Malik game 2 or 3. Howard is out. Jeffrey has been hurt most of the year. None of this has to do with our win loss record?

We had players hurt in the 2017 SB run also(even our starting QB).Every team has injuries.In very few cases this year, did I see "next man up" that were effective replacements.Although you expect a little drop off,falling into an abyss is not what I thought we had.Noone really stepped up to bat.No,not saying he was the only aspect,but maybe the most important loss we had.Ped has been ineffective as a coach IN MY OPINION,since Reich left.Even fans knew in south beach to kick the FG before the 2 min warning.That at least puts your team in a position to win.Maybe we still would have lost,but he failed to do this and that is a failure to put your team in the best position.This is clock management 101.We always get leads,then Ped fails to know what the opposition adjustments will be at 1/2 time and offset them.He fails to do this and we lose games. I believe Reich understood this and made his adjustments.Despite our injuries you state,we have LEADS,then blow the game.I never know which team is showing up on gameday.if you do I'd love to know cause it's either the O playing OR the D.There is no consistency here.Our O line was supposed to DOMINATE-not happening,our D line was suppose to have the ability to get pressure-not happening,so regardless of the missing "stars" we are not executing the basics and that is on the HC yes???   

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

FL it’s much more complicated than just losing Reich. To understand much of what’s gone on you have to look at the front office moves. After Chip got the boot. Then Rosie took over. He made some fantastic moves. But he didn’t clear the cap up. He moved out some salaries but backloaded many others. Drafted Wentz which took a bunch of draft capital. And when you win a SB all those players become SB winning players. That ups their contract value. I’ve harped plenty enough on the field stretcher that Torrey was has been massively missed. But we couldn’t even keep Blount here at 2 mil. I don’t believe Reich had much to do with the defense. So I’m just going to point out how that side isn’t as good. Draft picks Jones and Douglas haven’t paid off. So if you don’t have much in the draft....and you don’t bring in much as far as free agents...what happens? And it still felt like we were an Alshon drop away from going to the NFC Championship game...against the Rams...that we just had beaten.

Ham,I understand we may have had the "perfect storm" in 2017.If you read my post to Stine maybe you will see more what I mean.I also understand a drop off from your starters due to injury.Since Reich left,the 1/2 time adjustments don;t seem to be made and we lose games because Ped fails to adjust.Ped is a NICE GUY.I understand that also.As far as field stretchers,yeah those are helpful,but explain to me why we blow 1/2 time leads? OK some may be Schwartz's fault. Wentz looks slow(other than the last game) and he isn't as sharp as he was.SO,is that on the QB coach,the HC,the player,What? Something isn't working.Even without your stretcher and "stars" we are getting leads,then blowing them.WHY? IMO,Ped goes away from what is working.Run the ball in Miami,it wasn't perfect(still it was effective),but you keep their offense off the field.Ped didn't do this and let them have too many opportunities to burn our defense with 3 and outs.Sorry,I will stick to my opinion and re-iterate this is all on Ped.He is the HC.If your offense is effective those 3 FG's should be TD's(and a win).Even turning ONE of the from a FG to a TD puts us in the game.O line-not dominating as planned.D line getting no pressure.These were our BIG advantages remember??? Forget the skill positions for a moment.We aren't executing the basics and that is a coaching issue

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

My logic is the same Doug issue is the lack of support around him....If we attack the offseason starting with the staff we should be alright...Getting the right OC next to Doug should be top priority was trying to give Groh the benefit of the doubt but can’t anymore...Also need a WR coach that can get the best from the guys 

IDK we DID put up 31 points.That's not terrible.What bothers me most is the inconsistency.The D has kept us in games the last 2,this one they were on vacation and the O did the work.I'd like to see a consistent team even if we suck,because then you know what needs fixed.This up/down inconsistent play has to boggle Luries mind.We'd rather practice EZ pre-game dance routines than get SERIOUS about football when your back is against the wall.IMO that shows Ped is losing team discipline and while I'm all for celebrating a win,pre-game is not the time to celebrate because at that point you have accomplished nothing.Maybe Ped is TOO nice-IDK.IMO with Reich you could never count us out of ANY game,now all I see are vanilla plays the opposing defenses know are coming.If it's Groh,then Ped is not doing his job in having him replaced.It's the HC job to do HIS job and that is getting everyone else to do theirs.That is a fail IMO 

30 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ham,I understand we may have had the "perfect storm" in 2017.If you read my post to Stine maybe you will see more what I mean.I also understand a drop off from your starters due to injury.Since Reich left,the 1/2 time adjustments don;t seem to be made and we lose games because Ped fails to adjust.Ped is a NICE GUY.I understand that also.As far as field stretchers,yeah those are helpful,but explain to me why we blow 1/2 time leads? OK some may be Schwartz's fault. Wentz looks slow(other than the last game) and he isn't as sharp as he was.SO,is that on the QB coach,the HC,the player,What? Something isn't working.Even without your stretcher and "stars" we are getting leads,then blowing them.WHY? IMO,Ped goes away from what is working.Run the ball in Miami,it wasn't perfect(still it was effective),but you keep their offense off the field.Ped didn't do this and let them have too many opportunities to burn our defense with 3 and outs.Sorry,I will stick to my opinion and re-iterate this is all on Ped.He is the HC.If your offense is effective those 3 FG's should be TD's(and a win).Even turning ONE of the from a FG to a TD puts us in the game.O line-not dominating as planned.D line getting no pressure.These were our BIG advantages remember??? Forget the skill positions for a moment.We aren't executing the basics and that is a coaching issue

Believe it has to do some with everything hence why I think the one of the biggest problem that needs to be fixed in the offseason is the staff.... Thinking losing Riech has hurt Doug some he doesn’t have that same sound board he trusts giving him feedback think those guys feed off each other. I think Wentz is being hurt by not having Deflippo who was a great QB coach....Groh was a great WR coach and we see the drop off since he moved up.

Then on top of that team is old slow and injury plagued which is the next thing that needs to get fixed. Need to get speed on O and just all around younger....Not sure what is going on with the injuries and even how to fix that is it our medical staff??? Just bad luck???? The players not willing to gut out some minor stuff(or guys gutting out minor stuff that then turns into major injuries)???? 

33 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

On a "there's still hope" note, Vanderesch out for dem boyz vs Bears - that's one heck of a neck "stinger"

The wild card shot is fairly well gone/Only way we go is to win the division outright.Matching W's and L's with Dullaz won;t work because we lost the them on the tie breaker.We have to win out(including beating Dullaz) and hope Dullaz loses out,and I will add that before we were talking about "controlling our own destiny".Welp,with the last loss we are now faced with a WIN OUT and yes THIS is the point to consider your destiny which I was arguing before.Really though we DONT because OUR destiny is up to Dullaz.All we can do is win out and hope