DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

16 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK I would even look at Gruden for some type position(maybe not HC) who was fired,but because of a dumbarse FO he had in DC

OC

Feature back for the Niners, Mostert.

That name sure is familiar 

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We had players hurt in the 2017 SB run also(even our starting QB).Every team has injuries.In very few cases this year, did I see "next man up" that were effective replacements.Although you expect a little drop off,falling into an abyss is not what I thought we had.Noone really stepped up to bat.No,not saying he was the only aspect,but maybe the most important loss we had.Ped has been ineffective as a coach IN MY OPINION,since Reich left.Even fans knew in south beach to kick the FG before the 2 min warning.That at least puts your team in a position to win.Maybe we still would have lost,but he failed to do this and that is a failure to put your team in the best position.This is clock management 101.We always get leads,then Ped fails to know what the opposition adjustments will be at 1/2 time and offset them.He fails to do this and we lose games. I believe Reich understood this and made his adjustments.Despite our injuries you state,we have LEADS,then blow the game.I never know which team is showing up on gameday.if you do I'd love to know cause it's either the O playing OR the D.There is no consistency here.Our O line was supposed to DOMINATE-not happening,our D line was suppose to have the ability to get pressure-not happening,so regardless of the missing "stars" we are not executing the basics and that is on the HC yes???   

Yes, we had players hurt in 2017 also. Biggest difference was that everyone else was 2 years younger. Reich hurts, but losing other assistants hurt also. As others mentioned, getting a solid OC and QB coach is a good start. WR coach and possibly a new DC may be needed also....

I do not agree totally about halftime adjustments. We have had games where we made them and came back to win. I do agree Pederson loses his vision about running the rock though. That has been a issue ever since he has been here though.... A new OC might help out there...

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Didn’t have any RBs. Howard was/is injured. Sproles IR. Clement IR. Scott failing and missing holes. Pretty much leaves it all to Sanders. So I think there might be some doubt as to his workload capabilities. He’s been crucial to the passing attack.

I mean I understood maybe NE....But we had Sanders and Ajayi after that vs lack luster run teams....Hell even if you want to say two weeks for Ajayi no excuse vs Miami 

10 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Don't know how much truth there is to this as this site doesn't typically use original reporting, but here it is. 

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/12/eagles-six-new-nfl-players-tryouts/?fbclid=IwAR1dDKxad_b3JBrk-osqCkXvKWkgplR6717smz7b3oEJSNzWuU7E4ODsgRM

Ped trying to save his job lol

2 hours ago, ASG15 said:

OC

Feature back for the Niners, Mostert.

That name sure is familiar 

Mostert nice little RB

12 hours ago, stine said:

Yes, we had players hurt in 2017 also. Biggest difference was that everyone else was 2 years younger. Reich hurts, but losing other assistants hurt also. As others mentioned, getting a solid OC and QB coach is a good start. WR coach and possibly a new DC may be needed also....

I do not agree totally about halftime adjustments. We have had games where we made them and came back to win. I do agree Pederson loses his vision about running the rock though. That has been a issue ever since he has been here though.... A new OC might help out there...

IDK just hard to fathom the drop off after a SB year.I suppose what I'm trying to say in a nutshell is we are so inconsistent in our play it boggles my mind. Defense who we bash constantly,held up really well for the 2 weeks the offense sputtered.Then in Miami,they all but disappeared.Noone expects #1 numbers from a BU or 3rd stringer,still you heed to make whatever plays you can and we aren't doing it.Hard for me to imagine we took Ajayi back if he isn't going to contribute.I'm sure he remembers "hit the 2 gap".If he can't why did we waste our time? We revamped the med staff and that has gotten worse,or so it appears to me.Why is it we are annually one of the most beat up teams in the league? Age? Lack of proper conditioning? Blind bad luck? IDK.Sadly "stars are born" when they play us.Gallup(Dullaz) comes to mind,now Gesecki for Miami.We make no names look like pro bowlers

2 hours ago, stine said:

Re halftime adjustments.Sometimes that is true,others not.Once again I harp on the inconsistency.Sometimes we go down and come back,but that is a rarity now and even when we go UP,we still manage to pull defeat out of the jaws of victory.It's hit or miss,hot/cold and noone knows which team is showing up.Ped said in his presser to put it all on him,so I will cause this is a massive fail as to what our expectations were

Though our season is not technically over not much faith left in the team....Just want to see some good development from young guys now....I would personally turn the LT spot over to Dillard at this point get him reps. Get JJaw as many reps as possible along with Ward(at least see what we really got in Ward if he is worth keeping around).

51 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Dolphins claimed Mack Hollins off waivers

Watch him become their #1 receiver.

On 12/3/2019 at 4:33 PM, BleedingGreen93 said:

Ron Rivera got fired fully expect he gets another HC job but if there is even a slight possibility we can get him as a DC think we have to go for it 

Just don’t see him needing to take a coordinator job. He’s someone’s next HC. I just don’t see them firing Schwartz... Shake up his assistants like they will on Offense.

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK just hard to fathom the drop off after a SB year.I suppose what I'm trying to say in a nutshell is we are so inconsistent in our play it boggles my mind. Defense who we bash constantly,held up really well for the 2 weeks the offense sputtered.Then in Miami,they all but disappeared.Noone expects #1 numbers from a BU or 3rd stringer,still you heed to make whatever plays you can and we aren't doing it.Hard for me to imagine we took Ajayi back if he isn't going to contribute.I'm sure he remembers "hit the 2 gap".If he can't why did we waste our time? We revamped the med staff and that has gotten worse,or so it appears to me.Why is it we are annually one of the most beat up teams in the league? Age? Lack of proper conditioning? Blind bad luck? IDK.Sadly "stats are born" when they play us.Gallup(Dullaz) comes to mind,now Gesecki for Miami.We make no names look like pro bowlers

I share ever concern you expressed here... and more. Doug kept our starters off the field in the preseason...resting them for the regular season... It took the team four regular season games to play like the were in the regular season. Why did we give up a third rounder for Golden Tate, a player whom this Coaching Staff couldn’t use effectively. Fact is like this Eagle team bringing back its old players, that loyalty is commendable, however it has hurt consistency and performance on the field. The humiliation in Miami still hurts. I love Peedy, grateful for our Championship...They Fired a Three Time South Division Champion and SB loser in Carolina. I prefer the loyalty the team has shown to its aging players and in house Coaching promotions. Howie gotta find better players, Peedy gotta Coach better. We’ got to get better results.

54 minutes ago, trini said:

Just don’t see him needing to take a coordinator job. He’s someone’s next HC. I just don’t see them firing Schwartz... Shake up his assistants like they will on Offense.

I share ever concern you expressed here... and more. Doug kept our starters off the field in the preseason...resting them for the regular season... It took the team four regular season games to play like the were in the regular season. Why did we give up a third rounder for Golden Tate, a player whom this Coaching Staff couldn’t use effectively. Fact is like this Eagle team bringing back its old players, that loyalty is commendable, however it has hurt consistency and performance on the field. The humiliation in Miami still hurts. I love Peedy, grateful for our Championship...They Fired a Three Time South Division Champion and SB loser in Carolina. I prefer the loyalty the team has shown to its aging players and in house Coaching promotions. Howie gotta find better players, Peedy gotta Coach better. We’ got to get better results.

Yeah 1-Ped was a rook coach,mistakes expected.Year 2-still prone to errors,but simple mistakes should be rectified,year 3-time for "learning" is over.What I saw in Miami was the same rook mistakes he made year 1.That is regression by your HC.Ped has guts sometimes, like his 4th down "go for it" calls predicated on statistical percentages,then he does some things that are still of moronic,mind boggling status,like not kicking the FG on that 3rd down before the 2 min warning.SO,I see progress in a few areas,but regression in others.hard to pin down where he is,but by now those simple errors made should have been fixed.At any rate,we lost,so now we dont control our destiny,Dullaz does.All we can hope for is we win out and Dullaz loses out or once again we hear that familiar cry "wait till next year"

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Isn't "wait til next year"  what 31 teams say every year?

No because some teams are annual contenders.Even if they don't win the SB,they are still there every year. Pats,Saints come to mind,Squeelers(until they lost their team lol) 

Decent Chicago weather for this time of yr - 42 and cloudy. Was hoping for worse. Boyz w/o Vanderesch.

Hope we get to see Eli's deer in the headlights look again. Hit him early and often he'll fold if we can muster it.

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

No because some teams are annual contenders.Even if they don't win the SB,they are still there every year. Pats,Saints come to mind,Squeelers(until they lost their team lol) 

The only team that I would call an annual contender is NE and Tom Brady and Belicheat track record for getting to the SB is proven.....

Over 50% of the time they have been together they have gone to a SB....Just insane....

As for the Saints when is the last time they even made the SB???? 2010 almost a decade ago. Also had a brief stretch there when they were not good people wanted them to fire Payton. His O looked stale. I know hard to image that now again

Steelers similar to Saints above them 

13 hours ago, trini said:

I 100% agree with you that Rivera will be a HC hence in my post I said so....Just throwing it out there by some off the wall chance he doesn’t we at least I think have to consider him.

45 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

The only team that I would call an annual contender is NE and Tom Brady and Belicheat track record for getting to the SB is proven.....

Over 50% of the time they have been together they have gone to a SB....Just insane....

As for the Saints when is the last time they even made the SB???? 2010 almost a decade ago. Also had a brief stretch there when they were not good people wanted them to fire Payton. His O looked stale. I know hard to image that now again

I really dislike them Patsies but I must acknowledge the job the Patsies have done keeping that team in a Class of it own. F.O. Coaching, Personnel are the leagues standard, they have proven it on the field, weak Conference or not. I would still call teams like Saints, Seagals , Steelers when Big Ben is on the field ... annual contenders. Probably because of their QB’s, Coaches and track records.

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

lmao OH you musta missed the bad call vs the Saints to keep them out? If these 2 teams don't contend every year,you can bet they won't take 3 years to get back there.We sit here stagnating.And when I mean CONTEND that has ZIP to do with a SB win,but they are in the race every year and we are back to being a .500 club 

58 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

lmao OH you musta missed the bad call vs the Saints to keep them out? If these 2 teams don't contend every year,you can bet they won't take 3 years to get back there.We sit here stagnating.And when I mean CONTEND that has ZIP to do with a SB win,but they are in the race every year and we are back to being a .500 club 

And last year we were a neck and neck with that Saints team....But again it is exactly my point the Saints has the same stint as we had not that long ago where Payton was being called stale his O wasn’t working people were calling for him to be fired.

I understand this year is terrible but your going overboard with it 

Michel to the PS

28 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

And last year we were a neck and neck with that Saints team....But again it is exactly my point the Saints has the same stint as we had not that long ago where Payton was being called stale his O wasn’t working people were calling for him to be fired.

I understand this year is terrible but your going overboard with it 

They contend more than we do every year

44 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001083622/article/nfc-playoff-picture-49ers-vikings-lead-fierce-wildcard-race   LMAO,the stand out here for me is that at 3-9 the Skins are still in it-HAHAHA(OMG!)

Hahahaha...I might get my chuckle  in to...hahaha... Ridiculous... those Skins would be highly motivated to beat us now the book is out on how pathetic we have become. I would think losing against the worst team in the league makes everyone think the Eagles are the worst team and if the bring the effort. We will collapse by the fourth quarter... I would think in this Day of Medical Ganja these Idiots would at least get a Med card. The league could still punish them. They wouldn’t have to worry about the cops. Why do the smart thing tho... keep it up  Dallas.