DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean wow if I was told at the beginning of the year that 9-7 or worse would win the NFC East I would have laughed at somebody....But here we are. 5-7 with a chance still to make the playoffs.

In most cases we would already be out of the hunt for the playoffs so I would say go for the draft picks.

Now though think you have to keep fighting even if we have no real shot in the playoffs(though regular season records mean nothing in the playoffs seen plenty of low seeds make runs). Think we have to try and get Wentz some playoff exp.get him used to that atmosphere.

I am disappointed in the teams play like most here. Can we get to the playoffs? Would we be worth a $h/t in the playoffs?... Other teams have done it...think LIL blue was one of those teams that have done a Crappy regular season and then go Looney Tunes in the playoffs . I am an Eagle Fanatic... Bleed Green... I want to believe anyhow. Show me Eagles...Show me we belong. Let’s goooooooo.

I know hehehehehehe Delusional hehehehe😂

SIXERS putting the business on the Cavs tonight.....yaaaaaaaaaaa.....SIXERS.

12 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

The only divisional game that matters is Dullaz,so that point is moot(unless we decide to lose all of them),although at 3-9 the Skins are still in the race-pathetic.And now even though we face mostly teams with losing records,there are no guarantees for me after the embarassment in south beach.We will need all hands on deck if we want to beat Dullaz.We could still slop our way to a division win,but this team is nowhere near SB caliber

Every game matters now... we can't lose one because they are all division games and the tiebreaker flips to Dallas. 

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Every game matters now... we can't lose one because they are all division games and the tiebreaker flips to Dallas. 

Seems like this is how we like it. The New Cardiac Kids.

43 minutes ago, trini said:

Seems like this is how we like it. The New Cardiac Kids.

Lived in Ohio for the original Kardiac Kids. 1980 Brian Sipe.I think(if I recall) the Browns won 8 games on comebacks with 5 mins or less in the 4th 1/4.1980 was the last time they were competitive until this year.I also got to suffer through "the drive"(when Elway kept them out of the SB).Was an Eagles fan then too,but a Browns fan kinda by default.After that year they died out again.In 1982, the Bengals took out a full color page ad in the Cleveland Plain Dealer.It was a green expressway sign.The sign said "Cincinnati 276 miles".The caption underneath was "The only sign of life in Cleveland" HAHAHA

52 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah,the loss in south beach really puts the pressure on now

13 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I have no clue what the future holds.We had a cohesive group that played as a team in 2017,where,when someone went down,there was very little drop off as far as skills, and this year I'm not seeing it.I was hoping to face Daniels Monday night because he is the future.We seemingly have always had Eli's number,but we don't know what Daniels would do vs us and that will have to wait until next year

The preceding is agreed. Latter is true unless Jones is healthy week 17. 

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah,the loss in south beach really puts the pressure on now

Head to Head matchups VS Cow#itches they lost to GB, Bills, Bears all wins for us. What does it matter when I can’t say with any certainty, that we can beat LIL BLUE on Monday night. Let’s Go Eagles.

OK, watching the 9ers - Saints and the rules have gone too far. You can;t call PI on a punt with the ball in the air. Give each team 3 flags/half to call on anything - period!

My other long time belief id if you do something blatant - NOT incidental - that injures a player, you're out as long as he is w/o pay, plus the fine

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

OK, watching the 9ers - Saints and the rules have gone too far. You can;t call PI on a punt with the ball in the air. Give each team 3 flags/half to call on anything - period!

Well,if it's a punt it's not a pass,so it can't be PI anyhow

GB - congrads on the OS win, down 14 at the half, had to be up early so hit record then watched the rest at 2 am = 27 unanswered pts! Won't stand up vs LSU.

As for us, I've seen worse teams get lucky. Nat'l tabs are now calling out the med team and traing staff.

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

GB - congrads on the OS win, down 14 at the half, had to be up early so hit record then watched the rest at 2 am = 27 unanswered pts! Won't stand up vs LSU.

As for us, I've seen worse teams get lucky. Nat'l tabs are now calling out the med team and traing staff.

We'll be fine lol

Started the playoffs in my private league.I need a big game tomorrow.I need 51 points to win.I have Wentz,Ertz,and Sanders.GO get  'em boyz 

8 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

My other long time belief id if you do something blatant - NOT incidental - that injures a player, you're out as long as he is w/o pay, plus the fine

I'll second that!

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Anyone want Shurmur back as OC?

I don’t think Pat would be terrible as an OC did extremely well for the Vikings in that role and do think he is someone Doug knows and could trust. Also feel like Pat would keep Doug grounded he is definitely willing to run the ball and stick with the run if it is working 

Anyone want Shurmur back as OC?

21 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I don’t think Pat would be terrible as an OC did extremely well for the Vikings in that role and do think he is someone Doug knows and could trust. Also feel like Pat would keep Doug grounded he is definitely willing to run the ball and stick with the run if it is working 

Not sure I agree with BG about Shurmur running the ball. But he is a quality QB coach at the least. And I really do think he has the experience and pedigree for Wentz to listen and learn from.

I'd look at OBJ as well

Nope. Contract doesn’t work. And mostly attitude and locker room presence is terrible. Yes we need a great WR. That’s been our weakest link while Pedey has been here. But I will say his production would sky rocket with Wentz. But that also feeds his ego and is the problem. And his off the field lifestyle worries me. But ‘58 it’s been such a problem area I’m open to you trying to convince me it’s a good idea.

Antonio Brown seems like a cheaper option that brings similar issues. But I really  believe in the locker room chemistry being a factor to success. I don’t believe we won the SB because we were the most talented(like No Mas). I think those guys came together as an unstoppable force that wouldn’t be denied.