DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

6 minutes ago, stine said:

We are in trouble Sunday. I had thought We would move Peters over to RT and put Dillard in at LT. Nope. OUR coach is going with Big V at Rt with Moyer as a BU. This against Kerrigan....

Can you say Field day? Not sure what the logic is there. Best Tackle healthy is not playing.....  smh

I mean JP never played RT before not sure how well he would look over there if he were to switch....I mean we have heard plenty of guys talk about switching from left to right or vice versa and not as easy as us fans want to make it out to be....

Big V with a full week of reps should be serviceable at RT plus should give him some aid as well if we are smart....

Doug and Stout have been pretty consistent in regards to OL injuries though rather only have 1 new starter vs two new guys starting in different spots trying to reshuffle the unit 

Tough first half  of Eagle football...I really like what I saw from the Franchise QB in the second half. Watching Carson’s Perseverance, using unfamiliar pieces to carve out a Character Win...This was a good comeback team win. This type of win, even against a hapless Lil Blue team could really help team confidence moving forward.  Hmmmm Long way to go NFC games seem to always go down to the wire. I wonder if we gonna move up another PS to fill Jeffery spot ? 

30 minutes ago, trini said:

Tough first half  of Eagle football...I really like what I saw from the Franchise QB in the second half. Watching Carson’s Perseverance, using unfamiliar pieces to carve out a Character Win...This was a good comeback team win. This type of win, even against a hapless Lil Blue team could really help team confidence moving forward.  Hmmmm Long way to go NFC games seem to always go down to the wire. I wonder if we gonna move up another PS to fill Jeffery spot ? 

Have to do something saying Alson is done for the year....AG dealing with some knee thing and JJaw left the game vs NY as well no word on his injury(assuming he’s will be fine) means right now we have 1 healthy WR in Ward 

4 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Have to do something saying Alson is done for the year....AG dealing with some knee thing and JJaw left the game vs NY as well no word on his injury(assuming he’s will be fine) means right now we have 1 healthy WR in Ward 

Yeah,this is a mess

5 hours ago, stine said:

We are in trouble Sunday. I had thought We would move Peters over to RT and put Dillard in at LT. Nope. OUR coach is going with Big V at Rt with Moyer as a BU. This against Kerrigan....

Can you say Field day? Not sure what the logic is there. Best Tackle healthy is not playing.....  smh

It's a mess,that is an understatement

So now we have no WR's to speak of,our O line is a disaster and our secondary was already a disaster,so we will play with Wentz,Kelce,2 random O linemen,Ertz, Goedert and Scott and play keep away when we are on offense.So we have 7 guys vs 11,we can figure that out.Should be NP at all 🙄

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So now we have no WR's to speak of,our O line is a disaster and our secondary was already a disaster,so we will play with Wentz,Kelce,2 random O linemen,Ertz, Goedert and Scott and play keep away when we are on offense.So we have 7 guys vs 11,we can figure that out.Should be NP at all 🙄

We just have to perfect the lateral on every offensive play

@GreenbleedinFL Big time understatement in reference to "mess". I don't see this team winning division and advancing. Skins and gnats are no longer "substandard" opponents to Eagles. For that matter, even the lowly Phins who lost to the Jets. Not going to beat dullass barring a miracle. The mighty Eagle has been shrunken down to a Chickadee. 

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

@GreenbleedinFL Big time understatement in reference to "mess". I don't see this team winning division and advancing. Skins and gnats are no longer "substandard" opponents to Eagles. For that matter, even the lowly Phins who lost to the Jets. Not going to beat dullass barring a miracle. The mighty Eagle has been shrunken down to a Chickadee. 

Yeah.not looking good at all.At least we'll get a better draft position(sigh)

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah.not looking good at all.At least we'll get a better draft position(sigh)

I don't even have much faith in that. I thought after this past draft that things were in order. And just maybe we could get a LB no later than round 2. Now it feels like it's back to FUBAR again. Way too many pieces are needed. Too many old dogs to replace. 

That's where it starts - who drafts our players. Thought Howie learned on his "walkabout" to listen to those wiser than himself in certain areas. If Lurie wants to give Howie this kind of power, he should hold him accountable as well. Coaching needs changed in the obvious areas OC, WR, QB, secondary and although I actually like Schwartz, his tunnel vision on the DL w/o focusing on the secondary and very little regard for LB's makes me want DP to talk w/ Schwartz to have him either improve or be replaced. Injuries, how those injuries are evaluated/treated then using that info by the trainers to aid in preventing these injuries.

I'll have my 2nd mug of coffee and realize what I typed wasn't what was going thru my half awake brain - just po'd at ruined expectations the past 2 yrs during a window of opportunity

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

Doubtful, they'll likely call a WR up from the PS first.

Most likely. Charles Johnson is out there also if we wish to continue bringing in familiar faces that weren’t good enough. Michel would have made the 53 if it was my call over Hollins. Ward was right in the battle also.

4 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

That's where it starts - who drafts our players. Thought Howie learned on his "walkabout" to listen to those wiser than himself in certain areas. If Lurie wants to give Howie this kind of power, he should hold him accountable as well. Coaching needs changed in the obvious areas OC, WR, QB, secondary and although I actually like Schwartz, his tunnel vision on the DL w/o focusing on the secondary and very little regard for LB's makes me want DP to talk w/ Schwartz to have him either improve or be replaced. Injuries, how those injuries are evaluated/treated then using that info by the trainers to aid in preventing these injuries.

I'll have my 2nd mug of coffee and realize what I typed wasn't what was going thru my half awake brain - just po'd at ruined expectations the past 2 yrs during a window of opportunity

I think we are all miffed my friend

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Doubtful, they'll likely call a WR up from the PS first.

I'm sure,but we really need someone who has experience and is semi consistent.Just a "fill" for 4 games(post season if any,but we need an assist to even get us there).We need a solid WR draft and to have a few vets injury free and not prone to them(although that can't be foreseen we seem to have more than our share). All the supposed "strengths" we had never materialized,some from injury,some from age,some from lack of talent.I was checking out some draft places,seems they now "assume" or the concensus is we pick at 13.Probably not far off

Did a quick 4 round draft just to mess with it.I would be fine if we got these players 1)Ruggs-WR-Bama 2)Bryce Hall-CB-Virginia 3)Jonah Jackson-OG-Ohio State 3)Peoples-Jones-WR-Michigan 4)Jacob Phillips-LB-LSU(this is assuming we pick at 13)

13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I'm sure,but we really need someone who has experience and is semi consistent.Just a "fill" for 4 games(post season if any,but we need an assist to even get us there).We need a solid WR draft and to have a few vets injury free and not prone to them(although that can't be foreseen we seem to have more than our share). All the supposed "strengths" we had never materialized,some from injury,some from age,some from lack of talent.I was checking out some draft places,seems they now "assume" or the concensus is we pick at 13.Probably not far off

What you're asking for isn't available after 14 weeks into the NFL season, Eagles only have 3 games left not counting potential playoffs. Malik Jackson wasn't injury prone, it was just a freak injury. That aside, DeSean hasn't played a full 16 game season since 2013 and I wouldn't have restructured Alshon's contract.

I would say they never materialized specifically because of injuries. Alshon wasn't healthy before leaving Monday's game, DeSean lost for the season, probably should've just had the surgery and he'd likely be available now. Some of it is coaching, Groh being promoted to OC and Carson Walch hired as the WR coach.

Some of it is also player evaluation and development.

Welp would look for Michel to be called up add some speed to the WR unit and honestly think we need to call up two guys likely look at Davis another guy who had a strong preseason we the opponent we are about to play in DC.

With AG still ????? Ward and JJaw might be the only healthy WRs can’t get stuck in a similar situation like in NY again where we might need McCown to go play some WR snaps lol 

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I'm sure,but we really need someone who has experience and is semi consistent.J

Not anyone on the market really that fits this group.
If you want pure talent only guy there is AB but nobody wants that headache 🤕...

Baldwin isn’t he retired???? Pretty sure he was forced to retire because of an injury as well.

Torrey Smith would have been a decent option but he already said he isn’t coming out of retirement 

Wallace no clue were he even is right now just disappeared after he got hurt here.

19 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Welp would look for Michel to be called up add some speed to the WR unit and honestly think we need to call up two guys likely look at Davis another guy who had a strong preseason we the opponent we are about to play in DC.

With AG still ????? Ward and JJaw might be the only healthy WRs can’t get stuck in a similar situation like in NY again where we might need McCown to go play some WR snaps lol 

Doesn't sound like he's playing again this week. Think I'd IR him with Alshon and call up two PS WR's.