DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

On a brighter note-I was happy to see Scott making an impact.he is not the most skilled player,but he plays hard and has no quit.I hope he continues to grow,learn and emerge as a consistent weapon for us. I was also happy to see Jjaw have success.He reminds me somewhat of Jason Avant and I hope he can become that clutch outlet for Wentz.Would take a litte pressure off Ertz and Goedert

19 minutes ago, stine said:

Ham, I agree with your opinion, but When we have Darby giving up TD's because he cannot tackle and cannot cover, why not at least give Jones a shot in his stead? I am fairly certain Jones could not do worse than what we have gotten out of Darby.... He also did make a nice play when he had to come into the game last week. A glimpse that maybe he should see some more snaps...?

You must be forgetting all the terrible snaps Jones had this season. The guy(James) we signed straight off the street looked better than him. I’m not saying Darby hasn’t made mistakes. I don’t even want to defend him. But there is no defending Jones play so far....it’s been awful, terrible, disgusting, disappointing, shameful....rated as our worst corner. You want to bench Darby...I could listen. But you have to come up with something better than Jones...who’s been the worst.

Later round WR's I am looking at- People-Jones-Michigan(round 3?) and Cephus-Wisconsin(maybe 5-6).Along with Ruggs,that's 3 Wr's and still leaves us 7 picks I believe.6 if we snag Bryce Hall in 2.That would be 3 WR's and a hopefully starting CB..I would like to pick up an OG and some LB's and we still have more picks

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You must be forgetting all the terrible snaps Jones had this season. The guy(James) we signed straight off the street looked better than him. I’m not saying Darby hasn’t made mistakes. I don’t even want to defend him. But there is no defending Jones play so far....it’s been awful, terrible, disgusting, disappointing, shameful....rated as our worst corner. You want to bench Darby...I could listen. But you have to come up with something better than Jones...who’s been the worst.

Then cut him. If he is that bad and the coaches fell the same, he should not take up a roster spot. If he has been improving in Practice, then maybe he can spill it over during a game. He had a nice pass defense last game when forced into action. Yes he has been plain awful earlier this year. But if he has shown improvement then he may be a better option than Darby. If he still stinks, cut him and be done with it. I personally think it is a confidence issue. He has the talent........

28 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Janoris Jenkins waived by gnats

I mean if he is healthy I would snag him Jenkins is a good CB...Likely would not be much aid to us right away but could make in impact in the playoffs(if we make it that far)

I mean didn’t Schwartz come out and take the blame for one of the Darby Tds let up????

Even of Darby has had some bad plays no deny the massive improvement our secondary got with his and Mills return.

Also not like Jones hasn’t been given multiple chances to show he can be a starter for us and has underwhelmed every chance he has gotten.

19 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean didn’t Schwartz come out and take the blame for one of the Darby Tds let up????

Even of Darby has had some bad plays no deny the massive improvement our secondary got with his and Mills return.

Also not like Jones hasn’t been given multiple chances to show he can be a starter for us and has underwhelmed every chance he has gotten.

Massive improvement Other than Darby. He sucks. He has not had a decent game this year.... Not sure what you see in him but I see someone who cannot tackle my mother and takes bad angles and gets beat deep every game.

1 hour ago, stine said:

Then cut him. If he is that bad and the coaches fell the same, he should not take up a roster spot. If he has been improving in Practice, then maybe he can spill it over during a game. He had a nice pass defense last game when forced into action. Yes he has been plain awful earlier this year. But if he has shown improvement then he may be a better option than Darby. If he still stinks, cut him and be done with it. I personally think it is a confidence issue. He has the talent........

Why cut him at this point? Like I was explaining we still have his rights for two years potentially. We used a second rounder on him. You even said it’s a confidence issue. So I give him a full shot next TC. Gets one more big chance.

Things could change for next TC. I’m thinking that I’d really consider firing the secondary coach. So maybe he fits better with the new guy. Or maybe the new guy finds a way to reach him and unlock him.

Rosie just had a terrible season. Guaranteeing Alshon next season’s salary really crippled things. The team probably needs a big makeover. He would be one of the first moves to free up money otherwise. Move on from him to get younger. Have to invest in WR position either way. Just didn’t make sense to guarantee another season.

9 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

image.png.6d1805986e41b1de83f319d02659e6d6.png

This Fat Eagle ain’t sung yet.

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Post rant-------- We can still win games,although it's tougher now.We will need 110% from everyone with some creative play calls and execution.Teams are learning how to hurt us with trick plays.We will have to use our RB's as pass catchers since noone is afraid of our WR's. It's possible to win games with the dink and dunk if they are executed.That's all we can do now

Here is a CRAZY vibe... Wentz is back ... Wentz is back... Delusional...hehehehehehe.Hell yea . Carson is gonna make a name for those No Name WR’s 

12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What has dallas done(other than beat us once) that makes you so confident in them? I understand we’ve been terrible. But it seems to me they have as well.

With this lame division,basically all they have to do is beat us(and they did that once already),so that's what they've done.They beat us twice last year too,so "what have they done?" Beaten our birds 3 times in a row.You can win the division if you suck,if all the other teams suck worse

9 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Yeah,this vid is from the '18 season.I would not draft him unless he checks out obviously,but he sticks with his receivers and that's something we need

Loved my HS coach.I wish he woulda gone pro.We did a practice once that was fun,yet eye opening. There were 2 helmets on the field.In each one were slips of paper. The offense had to draw from the defensive helmet and vice versa. I was a TE and drew the S position.The asst coaches then tried to help you learn that spot in 1 hour.Then we played an actual 1/2 game at our assigned spots.Of course we all sucked,but it was really interesting to see what guys on the other side of the ball were up against.The following practice was more of an exchange of thoughts.You really appreciated what other players had to do.It made our team closer because now there was respect for the position you had to cover on the "wrong" side of the ball.Being a TE I did pretty well at S,although I wasn't fast enough,I got to cover an OT that drew the WR spot HAHAHA,so I kind of lucked out.He did catch a few because he was alot taller than me lol(as I recall the "QB" was a LB lol). After that,even though I was a TE,I would watch our REAL S play.Everyone felt so out of place,but it was a great exercise in learning what the other side has to do.  

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah,this vid is from the '18 season.I would not draft him unless he checks out obviously,but he sticks with his receivers and that's something we need

Don't get me wrong, I like Bryce Hall, obviously, he'll be drafted but I think it'll be later in the draft. He's probably not going to be ready for the combine or Virginia's pro day. But I'd still take him, it's going to depend a lot on the severity of his ankle injury.

2 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Bryce Hall, obviously, he'll be drafted but I think it'll be later in the draft. He's probably not going to be ready for the combine or Virginia's pro day. But I'd still take him, it's going to depend a lot on the severity of his ankle injury.

True that.Maybe we can steal him with a late pick.I just don't want a "jones re-run"

Usually,we don't have this many picks in drafts. I am hoping the FO keeps them all and doesn't trade them for re-tread players.We want to get younger,this is the draft to do it.IDK,this is a nice WR draft and we need to take advantage of it.I would like to see 3 taken,at least 1 CB,an OG(maybe 2),and I really would like them to take a LB or 2 although they seem to never do it.Wentz is still young,this is the perfect draft to get him some WR's that can grow with him and that we can have on rook salary for 4-5 years.This would free up alot of loot for linemen going forward,not having to spend it on FA WR's.I am fine with Sanders and wish we could keep a basher back healthy all season,seems we lose them all to injury.I'm sure we will take another RB in the draft,not sure where.Scott seems like he is getting acclimated to the offense.IDK what happens with Clement,but if he can't play,time to move on.Like him alot(he was one of my sleeper picks),but even so,we don't need bench riders or gurney cases.I'm still SMH about how a "stinger" takes this long to heal(Howard)   

Others I am looking at are Jonah Jackson-OG-Ohio state.I believe he can be had in round 3 and he opens the holes for JK Dobbins.Also looking at LB's Jacob Phillips from LSU and Anthony Hines from Texas A&M.My guess those would go in round 4,5 respectively and I would have NP taking them that way.