DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

Robby has been working on his route tree this season. And you’d hope for a rook with speed AND an all around game. But having DJax, Anderson and a speedy rook would really change the picture for us. Defenses would have to respect that. And Wentz has the arm to take advantage. JJ worked well down field all through college also. But looking for that compliment to him. Him being Alshon...a rook being DJax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

can’t believe we really plan to go into another game with 3 WRs...Just IR AG and bring up Michel or green(hell both)....

Im glad we like Perkins but damn can’t be put in a similar situation like NY and have 1 WR healthy...The way our players have been dropping always a possibility.

1706806362_Dougthisisfine.jpg.c0eac07363488ae5d2ea4461f47890bd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not so sure think this is the time to go young....Michel or Green can’t produce worse then what we have gotten....But I’m also in the stage where I do t think we deserve to be in the playoffs so even if we miss them not going to be to hurt but at the same time I’m rooting for us to make them(also believe we win at home in the first round whoever we face) 

LOL Ag is not THAT old

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

1706806362_Dougthisisfine.jpg.c0eac07363488ae5d2ea4461f47890bd.jpg

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m thinking draft a speedy WR and add Robby Anderson. Gives you DJax, Alshon,  Robby, JJ and rook high pick. Still have Ward , Michel And Davis battling for a final spot(or if Alshon can’t start the season...likely).

Ah yes,the "all injured" team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Robby has been working on his route tree this season. And you’d hope for a rook with speed AND an all around game. But having DJax, Anderson and a speedy rook would really change the picture for us. Defenses would have to respect that. And Wentz has the arm to take advantage. JJ worked well down field all through college also. But looking for that compliment to him. Him being Alshon...a rook being DJax.

Oh I'm hoping for 3 WR's this draft,not 1.We have the picks.There are at least 6 WR's I can think of off the top of my head we could take in 1....... 2-3 would go before us which still leaves 3 (without moving),a CB in 2,then I think we have 3,3,4,4? or maybe 3,4,4,still we should snag another one.This is a good class to stock up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO,spread out among the various rounds,and it's really early,but my targets are Ruggs-bama(or KT Hill-OSU or Davonte Smith-bama),Peoples-Jones-Michigan and later-Cephus-Wisconsin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Oh I'm hoping for 3 WR's this draft,not 1.We have the picks.There are at least 6 WR's I can think of off the top of my head we could take in 1....... 2-3 would go before us which still leaves 3 (without moving),a CB in 2,then I think we have 3,3,4,4? or maybe 3,4,4,still we should snag another one.This is a good class to stock up 

Gotta consider free agency. That’s first. Then the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

LOL Ag is not THAT old

🤣

In AG sense just the fact he won’t be here...Is he going to be back next season???? Gain nothing from him plying in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FL you have to consider roster numbers. I’m talking about keeping five WR on the 53. That’s leaves a free agent and rookie. To go along with DJax and JJ. Alshon maybe can’t go week one but even still that’s filled with Ward(or top PS WR) until his return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You guys might have missed Davis got promoted

Nope he is WR number 3 for us lol....AG is out again so only WRs on roster that will be active are Ward/JJaw/Davis going extremely thin at the position 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

FL you have to consider roster numbers. I’m talking about keeping five WR on the 53. That’s leaves a free agent and rookie. To go along with DJax and JJ. Alshon maybe can’t go week one but even still that’s filled with Ward(or top PS WR) until his return.

I think Djax/Alshon(can’t move on from Alshon) so expecting both back next year...JJaw then a FA and a rook and we might be alright...Ward(or another PS if they really come on) as a possible 6th WR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I think JJaw can be an outside threat think he would be great in the Alshon role with time...Perkins again fine we like him but again 3 WR... Just don’t want to be in a spot where we only have 1 healthy guy....NY said we were planning of using McCown as a WR like really 

Think biggest thing with JJaw will be getting the timing and trust with Wentz....

I don’t see why not he ran a 04.45 which is not slow for such a big guy.

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I think differently but what’s new with us we always disagree with each other 😂 

True Eagle Fanatic all seem to share that trait.hehehehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ah yes,the "all injured" team

Hahahahaha...thank you brother.hehehe..u ain’t right. Hahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Defense has to dominate tomorrow. We need some playmakers!

Is Deshaun Hall finally gonna get some time on the field with Barnett out. Or Avery the other New Guy. Are we gonna see some more of Avery. We gotta slow down that McLurin that speedster WR that wore us out last time . We gotta get to their rookie QB early and often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, trini said:

Is Deshaun Hall finally gonna get some time on the field with Barnett out. Or Avery the other New Guy. Are we gonna see some more of Avery. We gotta slow down that McLurin that speedster WR that wore us out last time . We gotta get to their rookie QB early and often.

Curry stepped up pretty big recently. Sweat is having a nice season. Hall can get it done vs the Skin’s T. I just really see him giving them a problem. But you know we are relying on Graham heavily. So need a guy to get it done....whether it’s Hall or Avery. Those few fresh snaps they need to be lightning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

In AG sense just the fact he won’t be here...Is he going to be back next season???? Gain nothing from him plying in my eyes.

Doubt he will be back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

FL you have to consider roster numbers. I’m talking about keeping five WR on the 53. That’s leaves a free agent and rookie. To go along with DJax and JJ. Alshon maybe can’t go week one but even still that’s filled with Ward(or top PS WR) until his return.

Djax does nothing riding pine.How come him and Alshon only get hurt when they are Eagles?(or so it seems).I can't/won't be certain those guys stay here.I still draft 3,maybe we need to keep 6 rostered because we seem to lose more than our share

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Nope he is WR number 3 for us lol....AG is out again so only WRs on roster that will be active are Ward/JJaw/Davis going extremely thin at the position 

Perkins will line up as a WR also,may even see Ertz in the slot with Goedert at TE lol.This is gonna be at least "interesting" to watch

45 minutes ago, trini said:

Hahahahaha...thank you brother.hehehe..u ain’t right. Hahaha.

Would be no fun at all if I was!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeffrey got his money guaranteed for next season. So you aren’t just paying him to play elsewhere. I’m not sure he’s starting the season though. And DJax it’s just hopeful we get the two year payoff and he can play 75 percent of the games next year. But gotta back that up with another vet. Can’t go JJ and rooks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Gotta consider free agency. That’s first. Then the draft.

In our case IDK,depends if we keep what we have or move on.Actually I was hoping to keep Tate this year.Don't feel he actually had the time to gel with Wentz

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Jeffrey got his money guaranteed for next season. So you aren’t just paying him to play elsewhere. I’m not sure he’s starting the season though. And DJax it’s just hopeful we get the two year payoff and he can play 75 percent of the games next year. But gotta back that up with another vet. Can’t go JJ and rooks.

We're doing it right now!!!! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now