DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, Swoopin' said:

And do it all in your driveway in front of reporters!! ?

Basement is where I have my equipment!   HOLLA!

Just a thought fans! How much do you really know about any of the Eagles football players you root for? Sure some of them rise to the top either in talent or character or both but most of them we know nothing about. I sort of like it that way myself. Its only human nature to want to judge someone else's character or standards by your own. I really don't want to be put in a position to not root for players on my team because they don't believe as I believe. In this particular case, ignorance is bliss as far as my football team is concerned. I never looked at NFL players  as templates on how to live my life anyway. If you really did your homework on players in the Football Hall of Fame you probably would find out that not even 50 percent of them were high character guys. Most of them are there for their talent and talent only. You can still admire the talent even if the character is lacking.

Joemas, Here is an article that you might find interesting. See what Douglas says about last year and what he feels.....

http://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/index.ssf/2018/06/for_philadelphia_eagles_second.html

I got this from CETS whom you may know. He also feels Douglas would be a good fit at S down the road. Probably once Jenkins retires.....

22 minutes ago, stine said:

Joemas, Here is an article that you might find interesting. See what Douglas says about last year and what he feels.....

http://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/index.ssf/2018/06/for_philadelphia_eagles_second.html

I got this from CETS whom you may know. He also feels Douglas would be a good fit at S down the road. Probably once Jenkins retires.....

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/what-rasul-douglas-mindset-every-spot-open

Stine.... I just read this earlier.    And yeah, I agree with Douglas... I see him as an outside guy too, but have no problem if he has to go in and cover a bigger slot WR or TE.  He showed that last year, my point again though... if I had all those guys on the field, I don't see anyone of them playing outside better than him... specifically Mills and Douglas combo.  However, I could see Douglas more of a SS type with Mills more of a FS type.  The thing is, we have Jenkins in that SS role now and hopefully a few more years, so replacing McCloud is where I'm thinking .... for that Mills over Douglas.   To me, Douglas will always be covering somebody, never just playing a help role like McCloud.    I wouldn't worry about trading him... young, improving, hungry and cheap for 3 years.  

4 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Nice umm bike

Image result for philadelphia eagles motorcycle

What bike?

Has anyone else noticed that the new articles are not being posted on the boards here? Why does IT feel it has to keep upgrading something that is working fine? I am to the point why even come here anymore. I have been coming less and less as have others.

On 6/9/2018 at 12:30 AM, mjkline1958 said:

Nice umm bike

Image result for philadelphia eagles motorcycle

Anyone else think there can be something extremely nice about a pretty woman in an Eagles Jersey? 

2 hours ago, stine said:

Has anyone else noticed that the new articles are not being posted on the boards here? Why does IT feel it has to keep upgrading something that is working fine? I am to the point why even come here anymore. I have been coming less and less as have others.

yeah, it's kind of disappointing. I realize there's other sections to the forums but I've never actually ventured there. And relatively speaking i'm a newbie here. Some of you guys have literally posted 1000+ comments and it seems a bit disingenuous of this site to kinda disregard that kind of dedication.

IDK.... we can have a football conversation without an article from Dave on the back up to the back up to the back up.   I rarely read any of the articles (no offense Dave) I just figured the new article had the most recent discussions.  So that's where I went.   I guess without that guide, its harder for us to follow discussions or create new ones?   

However, if you go to the Boards... this blurb is right here each time and easy to go follow.   With the same people who would be posting on  ....  " The new 9th string RB looks to make impact"   ... IDK.  If you want to talk football, you don't need an article on something mostly meaningless to get a conversation started.   

That said .... the team is back together this week.   No injuries and lets go EAGLES!!!!    Someone else can follow up on how they are hitting the sled or doing other exciting drills.    Or even better... lets talk some potential moves Howie can make!    HOLLA!

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

IDK.... we can have a football conversation without an article from Dave on the back up to the back up to the back up.   I rarely read any of the articles (no offense Dave) I just figured the new article had the most recent discussions.  So that's where I went.   I guess without that guide, its harder for us to follow discussions or create new ones?   

However, if you go to the Boards... this blurb is right here each time and easy to go follow.   With the same people who would be posting on  ....  " The new 9th string RB looks to make impact"   ... IDK.  If you want to talk football, you don't need an article on something mostly meaningless to get a conversation started.   

That said .... the team is back together this week.   No injuries and lets go EAGLES!!!!    Someone else can follow up on how they are hitting the sled or doing other exciting drills.    Or even better... lets talk some potential moves Howie can make!    HOLLA!

Welp, maybe I am the only one who comes right to this section from the site. So, if there are new articles, I would miss most of them. To be honest, there is not much going on anyway. But when the PS starts, I would hope they get this thing running....

I come over here to converse or socialize with my friends about our team. Once I can't do that anymore, there is no point in me being here. It is not like I am conversing with Eagles players or anything on this web site. As long as I can find you all, I'll be here but they can't make it harder than third grade level skills because that is what mine are.

IDK... to me its all the same spot.... Fans... boards.... Eagles Discussion... is it different for anyone else?

Know I'm getting older and maybe my memory isn't as good as I once thought it was ( doubtful ). I just don't recall any team voluntarily cancelling OTA's. Guess Bellicheat doesn't think they're worthwhile, that and he's older and grumpier;

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/12/patriots-cancel-final-two-days-of-otas/

I thought I remember the Eagles doing it recently because they said they had a great few practices and all was good... wanted to give the player some reward for it????   

Hello my birdbrains ?

Lost comp,had to buy a new one,and we all know that you have to re-DL everything back to where you had it(no I dont have a BU disc lol)

22 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I come over here to converse or socialize with my friends about our team. Once I can't do that anymore, there is no point in me being here. It is not like I am conversing with Eagles players or anything on this web site. As long as I can find you all, I'll be here but they can't make it harder than third grade level skills because that is what mine are.

Mine too.I'm here for ya wrang if I don't melt from this heat index. Will be away from 6/18 to 6/28.Going up to NC,visit my daughter and scout areas I like.Come back, finish fixing up the house,get it listed,then can look for houses in the areas I have chosen,At least it's a plan(sometimes they even work!!!!)

On 6/9/2018 at 12:16 AM, ASG15 said:

What bike?

She saved room for old deaf man on the back,so maybe she can pick me up in NC and go cruzin wit me ?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/15/corey-graham-would-like-to-continue-playing/

Just sayin.

5 week nap - July 25th I believe.

10 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

5 week nap - July 25th I believe.

Yeah the off season is a struggle but I think these next five weeks are the absolute worst. I guess we get through these though and then we are really close. 

Happy Dads' Day

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/17/dallas-goedert-catching-on-in-eagles-offense/