DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

I'd also like to get a secondary coach who gets players to play the ball

I want a DB coach that prefer corners with size...speed...can play man...and what you say ..... not what these guys play now. I think Sydney could be much more effective in man coverage. Gotta get the right coaches.

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

I just want someone in the FO who realizes speed kills.

There has to be someone out there who's fast, can catch, and isn't dumber than a post

I am with you... I don’t get why it has been soooo difficult for us to find effective... fast players either as WR or Defenders... Against our D teams just go deep they know Mills and Douglas are slow pokes Darby with all his speed can’t play the ball...Maddox as competitive as he can be...is easily overmatched with the size of WR and TE on most teams. 

23 minutes ago, trini said:

I want a DB coach that prefer corners with size...speed...can play man...and what you say ..... not what these guys play now. I think Sydney could be much more effective in man coverage. Gotta get the right coaches.

I am with you... I don’t get why it has been soooo difficult for us to find effective... fast players either as WR or Defenders... Against our D teams just go deep they know Mills and Douglas are slow pokes Darby with all his speed can’t play the ball...Maddox as competitive as he can be...is easily overmatched with the size of WR and TE on most teams. 

Also I'd like to see DB's hit the WR off the LOS,not play back 5 yards,which gives them time to start the route they are running.SMACK them at the line,that buys the D line .5 seconds.maybe, get more sacks like that

26 minutes ago, trini said:

Check out my mock guys -Adebo at CB,Brooks at S,Gaither at LB,After those views,imagine them working in tandem with each other

2 hours ago, trini said:

want a DB coach that prefer corners with size...speed...can play man...and what you say ..... not what these guys play now. I think Sydney could be much more effective in man coverage. Gotta get the right coaches.

Think your placing to much stock in the position coach when lot of it is Schwartz scheme...I just want to see some basic CB skills though like being able to track the ball not biting on every double move, getting the head turned around etc. those are realistic things we can expect from a new position coach 

Reporting coming out that we are considering Hines Ward for our WR coach...Is on the Jets staff at the moment as an offensive asset. 

Bobby Engram is also being consider been part of the Ravens staff as an offensive asset. Past 5 years 

So looking at our QB situation guess is no real play to add a guy... Likely keep Suds and let Kyle have a chance might add a late round QB viva the draft or UDFA for another arm.

Might have gotten lost but Suds was having a great camp/preseason before he broke his arm(wrist???) that forced us to get another QB. 

McCown should add to our staff my guess is he going back to retirement 

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Well for those that wanted Joe Brady saying he is going to join Rhule staff with the Panthers 

I just saw that ...You read my mind ....dammit I wanted  that kid Joe Brady... I am Disappointed .

WOW  that 2020 schedule is the who's WHO with some potential up and comers... Steelers, Ravens on the schedule NO PATSIES...will Brady be back in NE... Probably, for the first time , Tom could choose elsewhere...Brady with the Chargers?... Hell Raiders?.... Wherever he wants to go. We beat them at their best with Shaggy aka Nick Foles...ain't concerned about Brady . NO KC...I hope Big Red gets his first Championship this year,  I'm rooting for Big Red . Gonna need some good Offense and Tough D with this schedule. Bring it .

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

DAMN LUKE KEUCHLY retiring at 28....Cant blame him though he has had a ton of concussions in his short career 

Really hurts the league how much more frequent good players are retiring before they are old.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Really hurts the league how much more frequent good players are retiring before they are old.

Might hurt the league some but best for the players....Rather see guy like Kuechly leave the game and hopefully not have any serious long term injuries from it....Especially after he has already had what 4-5 concussion if not more. He spent 8 years in the league and was one of if not the best LB during that span. 

5 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

DAMN LUKE KEUCHLY retiring at 28....Cant blame him though he has had a ton of concussions in his short career 

The right choice for him

15 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

https://phillysportsnetwork.com/2020/01/14/ss-13/

this mans mock made me think of GBFL’s mock....Different names mostly but the positions are about the same in each round slight variations(think he has a S in 2 rather then CB and the CB in 3)

LOL,the issue with my present mock is if we take a RB at ALL.I have Harris as my first 3 pick,but I could easily see them not going there.It's just that IF he is there,that would be a nice value pick IMO.But if we waited,or didn't take one at all,that would move a few up. I like Brooks at S and I could see him as my first 3 pick instead of Harris at RB.Have the guys I like,now I just have to wait to see any big moves into rounds I cant have them that I would need to find alternative players.This guy seems to think Ruggs will be gone.Thats possible and Higgins would be ok,but I feel we really have no option but to take the best WR we can get at 21.Some will take QB's and there are some outstanding players ahead of us,so I still would rather have Ruggs over Higgins if there is a choice

13 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

So looking at our QB situation guess is no real play to add a guy... Likely keep Suds and let Kyle have a chance might add a late round QB viva the draft or UDFA for another arm.

Might have gotten lost but Suds was having a great camp/preseason before he broke his arm(wrist???) that forced us to get another QB. 

McCown should add to our staff my guess is he going back to retirement 

Yeah I have Shea Patterson(Michigan) as our last pick.He has potential and I would be fine using that last 6th on him

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I still would rather have Ruggs over Higgins if there is a choice

I agree with this lol wasn’t my mock but just found it interesting he had similar position as your mock...He even had Harris in round 3 lol 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah I have Shea Patterson(Michigan) as our last pick.He has potential and I would be fine using that last 6th on him

You getting better at these picks GBFL... I am going to invite you to my U Tube channel... in one of my segments....when I get it up and running ...how many picks did you have right last year? ...seems to me you’ve had at least one, every year,  say the last 4 yrs.? Tommy Lawlor always seem to have at least 1 of the picks right. 

Once they hire the new position coaches I might take a shot at this player selection thing you do. Great job with your picks brother.

Congratulations Harold Carmichael. It certainly was a long time coming. As a reward for making the Hall of Fame, Howie Rosemen will let you pick all the wide receivers for the Eagles in this years draft. 

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I agree with this lol wasn’t my mock but just found it interesting he had similar position as your mock...He even had Harris in round 3 lol 

WOW interesting.All I could see were his first 2 picks.The "continued" just put me back on the same page

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Congratulations Harold Carmichael. It certainly was a long time coming. As a reward for making the Hall of Fame, Howie Rosemen will let you pick all the wide receivers for the Eagles in this years draft. 

IDK he maybe could outplay the ones we have right now HAHA

2 hours ago, trini said:

You getting better at these picks GBFL... I am going to invite you to my U Tube channel... in one of my segments....when I get it up and running ...how many picks did you have right last year? ...seems to me you’ve had at least one, every year,  say the last 4 yrs.? Tommy Lawlor always seem to have at least 1 of the picks right. 

Once they hire the new position coaches I might take a shot at this player selection thing you do. Great job with your picks brother.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/index.php      

49 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

WOW interesting.All I could see were his first 2 picks.The "continued" just put me back on the same page

Yea on the bottom of that page had some numbers to see the rest of the draft took me awhile to figure it out lol...

New update though won’t be getting Harris he decided to return to Bama lol