DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

10 hours ago, joemas6 said:

All are heard...but how many are listened to?

No clue.Maybe Groh was't the problem? I feel Ped listens to everyone

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ask that question of Baltimore! They are being very creative with runs.

IDK ,I think every running play ever thought up, has been drawn up by now. IMO,you become "creative" when you aren't EXECUTING,so for me IDK,run the A gap everytime you run.If we execute that and they can't stop you,no need for creativity.I'm sure we have same/similar plays as everyone else.Maybe Ped doesn't use them as much or whatever.Then we had the revolving backfield,which obviously limits what you can do,so before I judge on creativity or not,I would like to see everyone healthy for 6 weeks.I'm really getting attached to Perrine.Bring Howard back one more year,draft Perrine,keep Sanders,Clement,Scott and that's a nice backfield.If Perrine looks good we can move on from Howard the following year if we choose to and for me the ? is Clement.If he can't contribute this year,we need to move on,which would be another reason for a RB this draft cycle 

Welp, I tried to sign up yesterday and today for the Super Bowl Corn hole tournament without luck. So I called the radio station this morning to see if they could get me and my daughter in. They told me the registration was closed, so I guess I am out of luck for the 2nd year in a row... They did take my number saying they would call me for a possible play to get in before it starts...  So there is a very slim chance we get in. My daughter is actually a very good player. Me on the other hand.... average lol

19 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Welp another coaching spot opened on our staff we have parted ways with our DL coach...We now have 4 openings...

WR,DB,DL coaches then of course OC

UGH.Need a revolving door on Novacare lol

That’s a bunch of turnover in staff. Not that it’s bad. But it takes some time to get everyone on the same page. Get those working relationships going. It would have made me feel a slight bit better if they had someone specific in mind to take over the job. Letting you go because of a specific person upgrade instead of just fire and search.

We interviewed USC OC Graham Harrell... For what it’s worth Harrell is part of the Air Raid Coaching tree so different from Dougs West Coast

Also Connor Barwin was bored as Special asst. to the GM

33 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s a bunch of turnover in staff. Not that it’s bad. But it takes some time to get everyone on the same page. Get those working relationships going. It would have made me feel a slight bit better if they had someone specific in mind to take over the job. Letting you go because of a specific person upgrade instead of just fire and search.

I would not be shocked if Matt Burke doesn’t get a position job since him and Schwartz are close right now he is like and advisor to Schwartz....Would not shock me if he ended up as CBs coach 

40 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you would feel better having a guy that underperformed rather then firing a guy that was terrible and taking your time to find a better replacement????

I guess I’m of different thought if we fire you I want to see our guys take there time to find the new guys make sure they are the right guys etc. don’t just hire the first guy lol or already have a preset guy in place.

17 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

So you would feel better having a guy that underperformed rather then firing a guy that was terrible and taking your time to find a better replacement????

I guess I’m of different thought if we fire you I want to see our guys take there time to find the new guys make sure they are the right guys etc. don’t just hire the first guy lol or already have a preset guy in place.

I think both ideas work. Some you fire because of underperformance.... but maybe one you are letting go because you actually have someone specific in mind. Basically the idea of a highly thought of coach became available so you are upgrading.

IDK if I am thrilled with the Barwin hire. First I LIKE this guy as a PERSON,but if he didn;t FIT here,how will he scout the guys that would??? Kinda of an interesting catch 22.Would you ask a guitarist to pick out your next piano?   It's a low level hire so really not a concern.I was just questioning the logic of it

42 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

We interviewed USC OC Graham Harrell... For what it’s worth Harrell is part of the Air Raid Coaching tree so different from Dougs West Coast

Also Connor Barwin was bored as Special asst. to the GM

Is this the clown that gave us AG??? Asking for a friend

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think both ideas work. Some you fire because of underperformance.... but maybe one you are letting go because you actually have someone specific in mind. Basically the idea of a highly thought of coach became available so you are upgrading.

If we had someone specific in mind why aren't they here yet? I mean,if that was the case wouldn't it just be a matter of a signature?

46 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If we had someone specific in mind why aren't they here yet? I mean,if that was the case wouldn't it just be a matter of a signature?

That’s what I was saying. If you have someone specific it should be a fairly quick hire. Dline coaching vacancy could still apply.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Is this the clown that gave us AG??? Asking for a friend

No don’t believe Harrell was the OC with AG lol...He just took the job after Kingbury left to be AZ HC 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK if I am thrilled with the Barwin hire. First I LIKE this guy as a PERSON,but if he didn;t FIT here,how will he scout the guys that would??? Kinda of an interesting catch 22.Would you ask a guitarist to pick out your next piano?   It's a low level hire so really not a concern.I was just questioning the logic of it

What???? What does how the guy played effect if he can scout talent???? 

7 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

What???? What does how the guy played effect if he can scout talent???? 

If I can play guitar,I can play piano???? We changed D's and he no longer fit here,so his scouting would tend to be more akin to his own talents no? So we'll see.As I said it's a minor hire anyway.I did not say I was against it,I said IDK.So,let's hire a QB coach as our WR coach??

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

If I can play guitar,I can play piano???? We changed D's and he no longer fit here,so his scouting would tend to be more akin to his own talents no? be to .So we'll see.As I said it' s minor hire anyway

Lmao its scouting players you think all our scouts have played every position???? So they must not be qualified either then lol....If anything I question the fact he has no scouting exp. not what position he played.

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao its scouting players you think all our scouts have played every position???? So they must not be qualified either then lol....If anything I question the fact he has no scouting exp. not what position he played.

I am

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

We're in trouble then if the scouts we hire have not played their assigned positions.Hell,I'll put my ap in,so can you

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

so his scouting would tend to be more akin to his own talents no? 

No he was a pass rusher he knows pass rushers lots of things for a pass rusher are the same regardless....How they there hands, the get off etc. hell if anything would think he has better insight since he would also know things that would be needed from a LB as well in terms of coverage having to drop back working in space. 

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

No he was a pass rusher he knows pass rushers lots of things for a pass rusher are the same regardless....How they there hands, the get off etc. hell if anything would think he has better insight since he would also know things that would be needed from a LB as well in terms of coverage having to drop back working in space. 

For the FINAL TIME I said IDK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We shall see if it's a good hire or not