DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

THE STRAIGHT JACKET _ PSYCHOLOGY Today

The straight jacket is someone who wants to control everything and everyone around them. They want to be in charge of what you say and even what you think. You know the kind of person I am talking about. They can't stand when you disagree with them and won't stop trying to convince you that they are right and you are wrong. These types of people will nag you until they get the last word no matter how long it takes.  

4 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

THE STRAIGHT JACKET _ PSYCHOLOGY Today

The straight jacket is someone who wants to control everything and everyone around them. They want to be in charge of what you say and even what you think. You know the kind of person I am talking about. They can't stand when you disagree with them and won't stop trying to convince you that they are right and you are wrong. These types of people will nag you until they get the last word no matter how long it takes.  

Quote from my father(GRHS)  "People AMAZE me........stupid people amaze me even more" lol

Well if there's any bright spot for the games today back in the NFL / AFL days The Chiefs were my AFL team.

Now we hope an AR team doesn't hold form and lose in the AFC championship 

Big RED SB bound ....gooooooo Chiefs...

Go Big RED...Come ooooonnnnnnn Andy.🤩🥳🤩🥳🤯

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Didn't we get a "lockdown" guy in here once and pay him big bucks? Didn't work out so well?? I will still harp on the issue that we dont teach them(either that or we break them) from looking back for the ball.You get more picks and suddenly you are a CB to avoid throwing at and frankly,teams know they can beat us because we don't do it,OR we untrain them not to

I mean this was just a generic response but if we have signed big name CBs before with mixed success last being Nnamdi(dream team) before that we had Asante Samuels who was a stud for us for many years....

My basic point was if you have high end guys at whatever position of course your not going to draft that many pro bowlers at that spot....Like me saying well we only drafted 1 pro bowl LT since Lurie took over the team (Tra Thomas) of course though since we were blessed to have Tra then landed a great trade to have JP haven’t had to draft a pro bowl LT(hopefully Dillard follows that success) 

Wiz plays LG for the birds SB 

Gets cut, goes to the Chiefs and plays for them in the SB

Congrats to AR

Mostert having a good game, had a good yr. Didn't like it when we let him go, sometimes you just get a feeling about a guy. Fit, scheme, coaching, maturity all at play.

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Mostert having a good game, had a good yr. Didn't like it when we let him go, sometimes you just get a feeling about a guy. Fit, scheme, coaching, maturity all at play.

It happens he was on 7 different teams before he was given a chance just goes to show how imperfect the scouting system is... It’s a shame but hey at least we still have two very young promising RBs Sanders/Scott 

AR's going to have to be able to stop the run. Jimmy G hardly passes, 6 / 8, 77 yds this game, been that way.

5 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Kafka KC QB coach and Dan Orvslowsy are know linked to us for our staff 

Welp there it is,now everyone is linked to our staff

9 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean this was just a generic response but if we have signed big name CBs before with mixed success last being Nnamdi(dream team) before that we had Asante Samuels who was a stud for us for many years....

My basic point was if you have high end guys at whatever position of course your not going to draft that many pro bowlers at that spot....Like me saying well we only drafted 1 pro bowl LT since Lurie took over the team (Tra Thomas) of course though since we were blessed to have Tra then landed a great trade to have JP haven’t had to draft a pro bowl LT(hopefully Dillard follows that success) 

Point is,it's pointless to waste money on players if you don't have the staff to get them to play in synch and I possibly disagree.Depends on the contract length left.If  guy is solid for you for 3 years say and you sign him for another 3,that is when I look to get a draftee in.The following year,unless it's a superbly talented class in that year.And since we know nothing is guaranteed,you need time to find the misses and get that one guy that can replace the guy you signed.We did that with the Dillard acquistion.We let him get some snaps in and he should be ready when we make that move.We should be(in theory) able to do that at every position.That is utopia and impossible to attain,but thats what you try to do.Garappolo was to take over in NE,but Brady playing well,didn't see a fall off and he wasn't ready to retire,so they traded Jimmy,although I bet he could have taken over for Brady.I feel they(Pats) will take a QB fairly high this draft,Maybe not a round 1,but a 2 or 3 they can develop in a year or 2.SOOOOOO,if we want to start a pipeline at CB,first we need 2 solid ones that stick.Where you get them is immaterial.Guys you can sign on a 3 year deal after a 1 year show me.But before that even,you need the staff in place that can scheme to their strong points yet still be fits in our system,and also know what guys you look at,scout or whatever will work for you.I would like to see FASTER guys that also pop at the LOS,then can run with the receiver.These are the guys that are HTF.Also would like to see a pair of hard hitter S's and a punishing LB.So if it was me,I would like to get the staff hires done ASAP.NOT RUSHED,but the right guys ASAP.After that they can find the guys that suit them.Jones know he has to step up this year.Maybe he becomes one of those I talked about,but thats 2 years already off his contract,so we should be looking at draftees for that.We've been good of late doing the RB pipeline.Thats why I want Howard another year(or more).Sanders is coming on fine,Clement could be a factor if he's ready.Scott looks like he can take the Sporles role without much issue and so I draft a RB that fits in this draft,because there are many that are serviceable and why I like Perrine as our first or second 4th pick.If we wish to trade Howard after that,then our backfield is still fine.If Clement can't go,then we'll need to locate either a FA RB or a UDFA,but the pipeline will still be there.Just wanted to do this with CB's and WR's.Alshon and JDax are those guys right now,and thats why I believe we need to draft BOTH of their replacements NOW to get that positional pipeline started.Still targeting Ruggs in 1(Tee if he's gone) and Gabriel Davis from UCF.Jefferson from FL is another possible.a "sleeper" could be Mims or that kid from Wisconsin

5 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

AR's going to have to be able to stop the run. Jimmy G hardly passes, 6 / 8, 77 yds this game, been that way.

IMO 9ers lines are better on both ball sides. Both QB's can pass.Edge goes to Mahomes for escapability,so alot of this game is how well KC's OL holds up.Someone needs to spy Hill cause they use him everywhere to throw you off coverages,but SF has the better straight type RB's.Kelce and Kittle will both have big roles for their team.This should be another SB like the one we were in.Should be awesome to watch!!   9ers by 4

5 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

No need to pass,GB had problems with their running game all night

You caught half of what I said. Would KC's chances of winning increase if they can stop the run? I haven't watched much of either team this yr and don't know what they're capable of. Not having to throw a lot in the playoffs  makes me wonder what SF would be like if that part of their game was taken away. I do live in NE territory after all - what would Bellicheat do?

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

You caught half of what I said. Would KC's chances of winning increase if they can stop the run? I haven't watched much of either team this yr and don't know what they're capable of. Not having to throw a lot in the playoffs  makes me wonder what SF would be like if that part of their game was taken away. I do live in NE territory after all - what would Bellicheat do?

SF solid all around team,give them the edge on defense.Both teams offenses are good,I would give the edge to KC on "explosiveness".KC was being blown out the last 2 games.Mahomes flips a switch and it's a different team. I expect alot of fireworks in the SB.Alot of the SB will key on if SF can shut off Hill.They use him in a variety of ways,even as a RB and all over the field.he is tough to defend.SF will be tested.Their success or failure should be the difference.SF front 4 are awesome and they will need to get to mahomes.KC defense has "leaks" as far as the running game.I expect alot of running from SF again.TE's on both teams are excellent,so both teams will need to solve that TE coverage problem to negate them.Not an easy thing to do,they can both kill you.should be an all out war(like our SB).So,to answer your question,sure their chances would increase if they stop the run,but their D is not the best at doing that.KC will have to pass the ball more than they would like to win(but they should already know this)

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Point is,it's pointless to waste money on players if you don't have the staff to get them to play in synch and I possibly disagree.Depends on the contract length left.If  guy is solid for you for 3 years say and you sign him for another 3,that is when I look to get a draftee in.The following year,unless it's a superbly talented class in that year.And since we know nothing is guaranteed,you need time to find the misses and get that one guy that can replace the guy you signed.We did that with the Dillard acquistion.We let him get some snaps in and he should be ready when we make that move.We should be(in theory) able to do that at every position.That is utopia and impossible to attain,but thats what you try to do.Garappolo was to take over in NE,but Brady playing well,didn't see a fall off and he wasn't ready to retire,so they traded Jimmy,although I bet he could have taken over for Brady.I feel they(Pats) will take a QB fairly high this draft,Maybe not a round 1,but a 2 or 3 they can develop in a year or 2.SOOOOOO,if we want to start a pipeline at CB,first we need 2 solid ones that stick.Where you get them is immaterial.Guys you can sign on a 3 year deal after a 1 year show me.But before that even,you need the staff in place that can scheme to their strong points yet still be fits in our system,and also know what guys you look at,scout or whatever will work for you.I would like to see FASTER guys that also pop at the LOS,then can run with the receiver.These are the guys that are HTF.Also would like to see a pair of hard hitter S's and a punishing LB.So if it was me,I would like to get the staff hires done ASAP.NOT RUSHED,but the right guys ASAP.After that they can find the guys that suit them.Jones know he has to step up this year.Maybe he becomes one of those I talked about,but thats 2 years already off his contract,so we should be looking at draftees for that.We've been good of late doing the RB pipeline.Thats why I want Howard another year(or more).Sanders is coming on fine,Clement could be a factor if he's ready.Scott looks like he can take the Sporles role without much issue and so I draft a RB that fits in this draft,because there are many that are serviceable and why I like Perrine as our first or second 4th pick.If we wish to trade Howard after that,then our backfield is still fine.If Clement can't go,then we'll need to locate either a FA RB or a UDFA,but the pipeline will still be there.Just wanted to do this with CB's and WR's.Alshon and JDax are those guys right now,and thats why I believe we need to draft BOTH of their replacements NOW to get that positional pipeline started.Still targeting Ruggs in 1(Tee if he's gone) and Gabriel Davis from UCF.Jefferson from FL is another possible.a "sleeper" could be Mims or that kid from Wisconsin

Lmao like always you are talking on something completely different that I wasn’t even talking about...

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Welp there it is,now everyone is linked to our staff

Lmao you always like this not sure why I just keep the news flowing...Plus have had what like 8 guys linked to us Glad that everyone forgot only 8 guys in the nfl 

I think it's obvious.    TE is the key position in order to make the Superbowl.  LOL.

Just curious... how many injuries the 2 teams in the Superbowl have?  

21 years in the league... Andy making it to the Superbowl 2 times.   So far the signature win in his career is against the 2004 Atlanta Falcons. 

Without having to play at New England and Baltimore to get to the Superbowl... I think it still holds true.  A win vs SF getting the title... who would have predicted the path would have been... Houston, Tennessee and SF?   

The stars are aligning.