DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I mean a guy like say Sean Pollard from Clemson.Played in the title game,so he can't suck TOO bad.He is "ranked" near or out of the top 200.I would be fine getting him as a UDFA.So why does he rank around 200 while the guy from Wisconsin(who didn't play for the title) ranks in round 1? I guess I would be an awful C scout

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well my point is,if we took a C at 21,you are forced to roster him as he would get poached off a PS(and why we tend to get those OG/C's because if I roster you I would rather have you had the ability to play both in a bind)).If I need a C,I can poach off others PS cause they will put them there also instead of rostering them.It's a rather "unsung" position. It's also tough because they really generate no stats to speak of.You can only watch a ton of film and make your best calculation

Well that is one of the intangibles I was speaking of. I'm sure the Eagles will want to know his plans before they go into the draft.

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well my point is,if we took a C at 21,you are forced to roster him as he would get poached off a PS(and why we tend to get those OG/C's because if I roster you I would rather have you had the ability to play both in a bind)).If I need a C,I can poach off others PS cause they will put them there also instead of rostering them.It's a rather "unsung" position. It's also tough because they really generate no stats to speak of.You can only watch a ton of film and make your best calculation

I mean we carry 10 OL usually anyway(no I don’t agree with this approach but not my call). So not that worried about having to roster a player or even a guy having that like redshirt year I mean hell look at Dillard basically did that.

My only logic against the C in round 1 is simple don’t think there is anyway he is the best possible player on the board. Especially in this draft class that is just LOADED with WR talent and DB talent. 

Even if Kelce were to retire I’m still not considering a C at #1 just because I strongly believe that a WR or CB are still vastly better at that 21 spot. 

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

I mean a guy like say Sean Pollard from Clemson.Played in the title game,so he can't suck TOO bad.He is "ranked" near or out of the top 200.I would be fine getting him as a UDFA.So why does he rank around 200 while the guy from Wisconsin(who didn't play for the title) ranks in round 1? I guess I would be an awful C scout

Not sure GB but I think playing 41 straight games at the center position may be part of it. In most big time programs you don't start as a freshman. A lot of times you don't get on the field until you beat out someone mid way through your sophomore year. I always look at how these guys played against their toughest competition.  Tyler Biadasz is projected middle to end of round one but I am not sure if he is projected as the best center this year. I am no where near that far along this year. I like the kid from Wisconsin though. He is corn fed strong as he grew up on a farm. He may have to shed a couple pounds depending on what the Eagles would want him to do at the position. Doesn't mean the Eagles want him though.   

6 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean we carry 10 OL usually anyway(no I don’t agree with this approach but not my call). So not that worried about having to roster a player or even a guy having that like redshirt year I mean hell look at Dillard basically did that.

My only logic against the C in round 1 is simple don’t think there is anyway he is the best possible player on the board. Especially in this draft class that is just LOADED with WR talent and DB talent. 

Dillard-I hope this is not another MS 2 scenario with him  

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

Not sure GB but I think playing 41 straight games at the center position may be part of it. In most big time programs you don't start as a freshman. A lot of times you don't get on the field until you beat out someone mid way through your sophomore year. I always look at how these guys played against their toughest competition.  Tyler Biadasz is projected middle to end of round one but I am not sure if he is projected as the best center this year. I am no where near that far along this year. I like the kid from Wisconsin though. He is corn fed strong as he grew up on a farm. He may have to shed a couple pounds depending on what the Eagles would want him to do at the position. Doesn't mean the Eagles want him though.   

Biadasz IS the guy from Wisconsin

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yes

So what I mean is with all the positional players we could use/bring along,I see nothing wrong with taking a guy like Pollard(even as our last 6th pick if need be) rather than use my 1 pick there.That is just me.Yeah Biadasz is the top ranked C from what I have seen.Playing in a title game for Clemson to me means he's(Pollard) "good enough",so I can't warrant a 1 pick on a C with guys like him around all draft long

In a way,I am starting to think a bit more like DC.With the amount of draft picks we have,could/would we move up for Jeudy? I like Ruggs if we stand pat,but Jeudy seems the most "NFL ready" WR out there.Should be interesting because usually we have only a handfull of picks.This draft we have 10 which is like 2 drafts for us.With alot of QB's set to go,if Jeudy falls,I could not rule out a move up

59 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I actually really liked what I seen from Dillard when he filled in at LT....The RT move was flawed and a mistake from the very start dude never played RT in his life and didn’t get many reps because of how unsure we were with Lane at the time 

21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

In a way,I am starting to think a bit more like DC.With the amount of draft picks we have,could/would we move up for Jeudy? I like Ruggs if we stand pat,but Jeudy seems the most "NFL ready" WR out there.Should be interesting because usually we have only a handfull of picks.This draft we have 10 which is like 2 drafts for us.With alot of QB's set to go,if Jeudy falls,I could not rule out a move up

Looks like spottrac has free agent Amari Cooper projected at a 5 year 100 mil contract. No thanks for me.

Breshard Perriman made 4 mil this year for the Tampa Bay Bucs. I think things clicked for him finally plus he stayed healthy. Wondering if Tampa wants him back in free agency. I keep thinking about that 4.25 40 yard dash. He played in 14 games last year and had 645 yards 6 TD's  15 receptions over 20 yards or more with 29 first downs and a 17.9 yard average. Whats he worth?

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I am also a fan Ruggs and he is my favorite at the moment....CeeDee Lamb is also a guy I’m high on but he is likely the #2 WR off the board as of right now.

The kid from Colorado has been growing on me some as well and the TCU kid are not bad options either. 

37 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

NFL ready" WR out there.

The so called NFL experts also said this about AG....So have to take that with a grain of salt.... I do really like Jeudy though and would be fine trying to get him but not sure I’m moving into the top 10 for him if he falls to around 12-15 range fire away 

A.J. Green projected at 2 year contract at 9 mil a year. DeSean Jackson type of money

4 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Looks like spottrac has free agent Amari Cooper projected at a 5 year 100 mil contract. No thanks for me.

Breshard Perriman made 4 mil this year for the Tampa Bay Bucs. I think things clicked for him finally plus he stayed healthy. Wondering if Tampa wants him back in free agency. I keep thinking about that 4.25 40 yard dash. He played in 14 games last year and had 645 yards 6 TD's  15 receptions over 20 yards or more with 29 first downs and a 17.9 yard average. Whats he worth?

Permian is just the most recent example of WRs that take time to get accustomed to the NFL...devante Parker finally seems to have it clicking for him as well another guy it took some time for. 

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

A.J. Green projected at 2 year contract at 9 mil a year. DeSean Jackson type of money

Pass on AJ green to many injury concerns and we need to get younger...

15 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

IDK if you recall,I was high on Perriman that draft. Would have been a bad move in hindsight with all his injuries.Watched this kid play alot.Love to add him here.Filled in well when Evans went down.I believe they lost ehri 2 top guys a few weeks,so he was serving as their #1

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Permian is just the most recent example of WRs that take time to get accustomed to the NFL...devante Parker finally seems to have it clicking for him as well another guy it took some time for. 

Pass on AJ green to many injury concerns and we need to get younger...

I'm just throwing the free agent wide receivers out there because I figure the Eagles will probably sign one and draft two. You know Howie, the now and the future. 

IDK if you recall,I was high on Perriman that draft. Would have been a bad move in hindsight with all his injuries.Watched this kid play alot.Love to add him here.Filled in well when Evans went down

He played well for Tampa. I got to watch him a lot this year. Wasn't too many CB's that could keep up with him and he caught some over the shoulder catches in stride like Jackson.

I'm just throwing the free agent wide receivers out there because I figure the Eagles will probably sign one and draft two. You know Howie, the now and the future. 

IDK do we let Djax walk? We are stuck with Alshon.Only so many people you can pay.

Feel if we sign a WR will be in that entering prime age so a Perriman(26), Anderson(25), Cooper(25), Allison(26) etc.

He played well for Tampa. I got to watch him a lot this year. Wasn't too many CB's that could keep up with him and he caught some over the shoulder catches in stride like Jackson.

Yeah,if he is gettable like I said,love to have him here.He was on my mock that draft year.He's still cheaper than what we were paying AG.Perriman has good hands also

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Feel if we sign a WR will be in that entering prime age so a Perriman(26), Anderson(25), Cooper(25), Allison(26) etc.

Have stated feel as though we pursue Anderson guy we have shown interest numerous times...As long as the price is reasonable of course 

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Have stated feel as though we pursue Anderson guy we have shown interest numerous times...As long as the price is reasonable of course 

Bet they keep him,and draft another one.Don't see them letting him walk.They are on the upswing,letting him go would be a mistake IMO

Bet they keep him,and draft another one.Don't see them letting him walk.They are on the upswing,letting him go would be a mistake IMO

Not there choice though it’s Robby Anderson choice he is an UFA they could tag him but highly doubt that. 

So what receiver in free agency could Nelson Agholor money get you? If any....