DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

So what receiver in free agency could Nelson Agholor money get you? If any....

AG made what 9m lol that is Green money isn’t it....So pretty much any of them 

Minus Coop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Even if Kelce were to retire I’m still not considering a C at #1 just because I strongly believe that a WR or CB are still vastly better at that 21 spot. 

Center is the most important position on the O line. If Kelce hangs em up and there's a  #1 talent out there they have to consider him.

Or is the plan for Seu to move over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Center is the most important position on the O line. If Kelce hangs em up and there's a  #1 talent out there they have to consider him.

Or is the plan for Seu to move over?

I still like Semaulo as a C think he is best suited at C... Of course needs reps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not there choice though it’s Robby Anderson choice he is an UFA they could tag him but highly doubt that. 

Offer more money,works most times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

So what receiver in free agency could Nelson Agholor money get you? If any....

Perriman.IDK what Evans contract is with the Bucs,but they have Godwin there also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

Center is the most important position on the O line. If Kelce hangs em up and there's a  #1 talent out there they have to consider him.

Or is the plan for Seu to move over?

Not with a #1 pick

57 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I still like Semaulo as a C think he is best suited at C... Of course needs reps 

Like to see if Herbig steps up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My kid just got picked up as a GS-12 with the Army Corps of Engineers.

I'm happy for him

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Offer more money,works most times

Jets don’t have a ton more cap then us...Not even sure they have more cap then us to be honest.... Again though think we pursue Anderson not saying we sign him though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we fill these vacancies this week coming.Most of the good ones are gone,yet we keep waiting.If the FO knew they were going to let these guys go,you'd think they would already have their replacements signed!!! C'mon man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 5:15 PM, 1wrangler said:

He played well for Tampa. I got to watch him a lot this year. Wasn't too many CB's that could keep up with him and he caught some over the shoulder catches in stride like Jackson.

The way he played last year by far his best season, healthy for the most part, Perriman is young ...I like him better than the other guys.

23 hours ago, ASG15 said:

Center is the most important position on the O line. If Kelce hangs em up and there's a  #1 talent out there they have to consider him.

Or is the plan for Seu to move over?

Still think we should go after a top flight  CB or WR even if Kelce hangs up the cleats Seaumlo can move over .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.nfl.com/player/breshadperriman/2552597/careerstats    I would be fine adding him. TB should try to keep him.They have nice trio in him,Evans and Godwin. One stat I like is ZERO fumbles.Of course he didn't get alot of touches.Still he hangs onto the rock.I bet the Ravens would love to have him back now that Jackson is their QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eagles are hiring former Falcons DC Marquand Manuel as secondary coach, per Jeremy Fowler. He coached the Legion of Boom as an assistant in Seattle, played under Eagles DC Jim Schwartz in Detroit. Replaces Cory Undlin, now the DC with the Lions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

http://www.nfl.com/player/breshadperriman/2552597/careerstats    I would be fine adding him. TB should try to keep him.They have nice trio in him,Evans and Godwin. One stat I like is ZERO fumbles.Of course he didn't get alot of touches.Still he hangs onto the rock.I bet the Ravens would love to have him back now that Jackson is their QB

Not fumbling is nice but as a WR would be interested in his drop rate especially with our WRs problems with catching this past season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it’s worth from what I have read Burke is all but locked in as our DL coach as well even though it isn’t official yet....So that really only leaves the two openings on the O(OC and WR coach.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at SF more recently(and some other teams have one it) you think instead of an "OC” we might opt for a pass game coordinator and run game coordinator.

Could essentially move Duce up as run game coordinator and still work with the RBs....Then not sure what we do at pass game coordinator could move press into that role especially if we could land Caldwell to work with Wentz as the QB coach....

Essentially then you have Doug overlooking everything. Press game planning with the pass game, Duce game planning the run game and sure Caldwell would have ton of input as well. 

Or maybe we can convince McCown to become the pass game coordinator 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not fumbling is nice but as a WR would be interested in his drop rate especially with our WRs problems with catching this past season 

Can it get worse???? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Can it get worse???? lol

Lmao it could always get worse would be tough but possible lol....But point is don’t want WRs that have the drops don’t need more of those....Not saying that is Perriman at all either just a stat I would be curious to see 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Looking at SF more recently(and some other teams have one it) you think instead of an "OC” we might opt for a pass game coordinator and run game coordinator.

Could essentially move Duce up as run game coordinator and still work with the RBs....Then not sure what we do at pass game coordinator could move press into that role especially if we could land Caldwell to work with Wentz as the QB coach....

Essentially then you have Doug overlooking everything. Press game planning with the pass game, Duce game planning the run game and sure Caldwell would have ton of input as well. 

Or maybe we can convince McCown to become the pass game coordinator 

Press,not impressed at all,but give him a promotion? I would not

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Lmao it could always get worse would be tough but possible lol....Bit point is don’t want WRs that have the drops don’t need more of those....Not saying that is Perriman at all either just a star I would be curious to see 

Well there is your homework this weekend,Drop stats for all WR's we are wanting.I want your report on my desk by 9 AM Monday morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still drop stats can be misleading.trying to grab passes off the back of your helmet is not pretty or ones at your feet on a dead run.I would need to see the drops on vid for myself(more homework for you HAHA)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manuel,seems like an OK hire.Let's see what he can do.Burke,I know nothing about.The offense postions will be more critical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lame secondary hasn't been critical? Leave you guys alone for a few days and you start forgetting things - age related?

My hope for Manuel would be to bring a different POV to Schwartz, like his love affair w/ Mills, who was ranked 189th out of 232 CB's. Schwartz likes good tacklers, I like guys who play the ball and prevent receptions to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

A lame secondary hasn't been critical? Leave you guys alone for a few days and you start forgetting things - age related?

My hope for Manuel would be to bring a different POV to Schwartz, like his love affair w/ Mills, who was ranked 189th out of 232 CB's. Schwartz likes good tacklers, I like guys who play the ball and prevent receptions to begin with.

Nope,it's not the DC position,therefore the offensive hires are more critical and maybe he was let go for the exact reason you state???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Nope,it's not the DC position,therefore the offensive hires are more critical and maybe he was let go for the exact reason you state???

I mean OC on our staff is essentially the same as a position coach...Not like they call the plays might help some some game plan stuff but sure Schwartz guys help him with some game planning as well....

CB, WR new OC they all equally important hires  we need coaches in here that can teach and get the best from all our players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean OC on our staff is essentially the same as a position coach...Not like they call the plays might help some some game plan stuff but sure Schwartz guys help him with some game planning as well....

CB, WR new OC they all equally important hires  we need coaches in here that can teach and get the best from all our players.

OC would be the most important no? I'm not saying to hire SLUGS,I said the offense hires are more CRITICAL.We have to nail those.Schwartz is still in place,the other side is up in the air right???? Position coaches are RB and WR coach,the OC is their boss so the OC is Not'Essentially" a position coach or there wouldn't be one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OC would be the most important no? I'm not saying to hire SLUGS,I said the offense hires are more CRITICAL.We have to nail those.Schwartz is still in place,the other side is up in the air right???? Position coaches are RB and WR coach,the OC is their boss so the OC is Not'Essentially" a position coach or there wouldn't be one

 But nobody knows what our OC does usually I would agree but Doug essentially does all the tasks of the OC he is the boss of the O...Basically just see the OC as a glorified position coach preferably someone that is good with the QB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now