DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

This is also why I mentioned the idea of what SF does they don’t have an OC because Shanny essentially does that role they have a run and pass game coordinator though....One guy focuses and helps with ideas on the passing game the other focuses on the ground game...Though at the end of the day just like here The HC calls the plays 

14 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

But nobody knows what our OC does usually I would agree but Doug essentially does all the tasks of the OC he is the boss of the O...Basically just see the OC as a glorified position coach preferably someone that is good with the QB 

What do you mean nobody knows what he does? Why would you hire someone like that?

SO,we make this hire and there is ZIP about it on the news page like noone cares,Really sad we have to get info elsewhere,should be on here FIRST

My boy Adebo(CB) returning to school for his final year,so that shakes up my mock .Somehow I'm going to find a home for this guy!!! I have him placed at 4-140.Should be about right.Small school and his stats are not considered in the nat'l stats,but if they were he would be ranked 9th.6'4" nice big target/Flying under the radar

Just read an article from a guy who thinks the Eagles should sign Joe Flacco to be Wentz's backup. Time's yours!

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

Just read an article from a guy who thinks the Eagles should sign Joe Flacco to be Wentz's backup. Time's yours!

Would be fine with that,although maybe he gets another shot at starting.Gotta think more teams will look at QB in the draft.Cincy gotta look soon,so do the squeelers,Miami,the Bolts.Possibly the Colts,Pats,although their present QB's could be fine for a bit longer.Wondering too what happens to Mariota.Seems Tannehill was better for them(never liked Mar anyway)

So new updated draft 1-21 Ruggs-WR-Bama 2-53(shocker) Logan Stenberg-OG-Kentucky 3-85-Zack Baum-OLB-Wisconsin 3-103-Lamichal Perrine-RB-Florida 4-124-Darnay Holmes-CB-UCLA 4-140-Antonio Gandy-Golden-WR-Liberty 4-146-Gaither-LB-Applachian State 5-168 DJ Wonnum-DE S.Carolina 6-190-Shea patterson-QB-Michigan 6-200 Van Jefferson-WR-Florida  IDK that we take 2 LB's but we could use them lol

Damn sad day with the passing of Kobe Bryant in a helicopter crash....Even sadder is the death of his 13 year old daughter that was on the helicopter with him...

Your life has less to do with you than it has to do with all of us that will come across your path. If you choose to let your light shine, you give us all the permission to do the same. Thanks for the  memories Kobe Bryant. 

5 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

If McCown wants to play another year(which apparently he is thinking about) would be perfectly fine having him back...

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

If McCown wants to play another year(which apparently he is thinking about) would be perfectly fine having him back...

My question is,do we need to lose Suds?? We keep hiring #2's in front of him,so the theory he would be groomed into our #2 slot has passed.If he can't cut it,we need to move on from him,so that was my thinking in grabbing Patterson in this upcoming draft.He's been here long enough and obviously he's not cutting it as our 2

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

My question is,do we need to lose Suds?? We keep hiring #2's in front of him,so the theory he would be groomed into our #2 slot has passed.If he can't cut it,we need to move on from him,so that was my thinking in grabbing Patterson in this upcoming draft.He's been here long enough and obviously he's not cutting it as our 2

Suds was looking great until he broke his wrist just seemed like bad luck for him this season. But at the same time if we opted for McCown return would think we let suds move on 

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Suds was looking great until he broke his wrist just seemed like bad luck for him this season. But at the same time if we opted for McCown return would think we let suds move on 

Also, apparently the team were trying to bring McCown in before Suds broke his wrist. That doesn't suggest a huge deal of confidence in him if that's true. 

A kid from our church is in the band won a Grammy last night for best bluegrass album.

When he was just starting he was painful to listen to 

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Also, apparently the team were trying to bring McCown in before Suds broke his wrist. That doesn't suggest a huge deal of confidence in him if that's true. 

Don’t know anything about that to much hear say for me regardless...can only go by what I seen before he got hurt and Suds was playing extremely well 

20 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Don’t know anything about that to much hear say for me regardless...can only go by what I seen before he got hurt and Suds was playing extremely well 

Was he though? Preseason games? I actually seem to recall from the TC notes that actually he was very up and down and had more down days than up.

If we go into FA and the draft w/ Howie again ( wrongly ) thinking he's a great talent evaluator, this is one fan who will again go back to being a casual observer. Watching what's been going on - or not going on - with the team, I've been fearful of this for a while, esp w/ our needs at WR and the secondary where Howie seems weakest.

3 hours ago, ASG15 said:

A kid from our church is in the band won a Grammy last night for best bluegrass album.

When he was just starting he was painful to listen to 

👍 If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Was he though? Preseason games? I actually seem to recall from the TC notes that actually he was very up and down and had more down days than up.

Lmao not from what I seen and read...And can only base him on the Preseason didn’t play any other time...

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

If we go into FA and the draft w/ Howie again ( wrongly ) thinking he's a great talent evaluator, this is one fan who will again go back to being a casual observer. Watching what's been going on - or not going on - with the team, I've been fearful of this for a while, esp w/ our needs at WR and the secondary where Howie seems weakest.

I don’t think Howie believes he is some great talent evaluator don’t think he has thought that way since he came back...I truly believe he is listen and making the choices from what he is given from the scout department and was Joe then Andy. 

Howie is at the top so every short coming will fall on him but I don’t think Howie is blowing off the scouting guys thinking he is smarter then them and making completely different picks....He might end up as the tie breaker but at that point that would mean both guys were highly liked by the scouting department and Howie is making the call on which one.

My biggest concern with our scouting is we seem to put a ton of value on college production and don’t always looks at the raw traits of guys....So guys don’t peak in college but the raw physical traits are there that they are destined to peak come the NFL.

(might not have explained this well at all sorry for that but hopefully you get where I am coming from with it)

12 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Howie is at the top so every short coming will fall on him but I don’t think Howie is blowing off the scouting guys thinking he is smarter then them and making completely different picks....He might end up as the tie breaker but at that point that would mean both guys were highly liked by the scouting department and Howie is making the call on which one.

My biggest concern with our scouting is we seem to put a ton of value on college production and don’t always looks at the raw traits of guys....So guys don’t peak in college but the raw physical traits are there that they are destined to peak come the NFL.

(might not have explained this well at all sorry for that but hopefully you get where I am coming from with it)

I think you explained it pretty well. I understood it.