DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

And we won the SB in 2017? You think that happened in a 1 year span? Highly doubtful.Either that or it was a total mircale

And???? We have pieces in place...How many of the guys on that SB team were from before 16.

New QB

New Rbs

new starting WRs

New secondary

new LBs 

We had a nice foundation in place on our Lines...OL( has JP(though big V replaced him on the SB) Kelce and Lane) DL(Cox/Graham/Curry) 

New key additions on the DL with Long, Jerigan, Barnett 

To me the rehire of Howie is no different the if we hired a completely different guy in 2016.

We wouldn’t judge another GM based on previous years he wasn’t here would you??? Gave the clean slate with his return and I’m fine with that so stick with what I said only care how he has done in 2016-2019.

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

And???? We have pieces in place...How many of the guys on that SB team were from before 16.

New QB

New Rbs

new starting WRs

New secondary

new LBs 

We had a nice foundation in place on our Lines...OL( has JP(though big V replaced him on the SB) Kelce and Lane) DL(Cox/Graham/Curry) 

New key additions on the DL with Long, Jerigan, Barnett 

Then dont say you dont care what happened before 2016,because losing players got us the guys you mention or those we lost would still be here?

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

To me the rehire of Howie is no different the if we hired a completely different guy in 2016.

We wouldn’t judge another GM based on previous years he wasn’t here would you??? Gave the clean slate with his return and I’m fine with that so stick with what I said only care how he has done in 2016-2019.

IDK we better judge SOMEONE and quickly.Those coaches that are available are drying up fast.And here we sit with a thumb up our arse,then we'll wonder where it all went wrong

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Then dont say you dont care what happened before 2016,because losing players got us the guys you mention or those we lost would still be here?

I don’t care what happened before lol. I’m not judging Howie based on what happened before 2016....I only care what he has done since his return 

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK we better judge SOMEONE and quickly.Those coaches that are available are drying up fast.And here we sit with a thumb up our arse,then we'll wonder where it all went wrong

Only if who we hire fails like everything else....Again whoever whenever we hire someone won’t matter at all if they are successful 

I don’t care what happened before lol. I’m not judging Howie based on what happened before 2016....I only care what he has done since his return 

So forget the past.Thats a terrible attitude, because if you cant learn from your past you are condemned to repeat it(and we are right now)

So forget the past.Thats a terrible attitude, because if you cant learn from your past you are condemned to repeat it(and we are right now)

Not at all I’m just not judging Howie based off his past mistakes as many are...Im solely looking at what he has done since his return. 

Not at all I’m just not judging Howie based off his past mistakes as many are...Im solely looking at what he has done since his return. 

I'm not convinced assembling a SB team was his doing.And if it was,why are we back to .500?

I'm not convinced assembling a SB team was his doing

It wasn’t just his doing he had Joe Douglas helping as well and the rest of the FO lol. But don’t hear people complaint that Joe had a massive input in our draft when we talk Sidney Jones Rasul Douglas, Mack Hollins, Gibson 

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

It wasn’t just his doing he had Joe Douglas helping as well and the rest of the FO lol. But don’t hear people complaint that Joe had a massive input in our draft when we talk Sidney Jones Rasul Douglas, Mack Hollins, Gibson 

SO,the longer we wait to hire people,the farther behind we get in player evaluations and decision making and the more likely it becomes we are forced to hire another Douglas because there is noone else left to hire

SO,the longer we wait to hire people,the farther behind we get in player evaluations and decision making and the more likely it becomes we are forced to hire another Douglas because there is noone else left to hire

We have this thing called scouts who’s job it is to evaluate players...And to hire another Douglas dude was a stud for us helped bring a SB to philly lol....

We have this thing called scouts who’s job it is to evaluate players...And to hire another Douglas dude was a stud for us helped bring a SB to philly lol....

Then why did you mention the failed players under him? Scouts give recommendations,right now there is noone to reccomend anything to,therefore no decision makers. And now others are moving on because they see no direction.WOuld you succeed at a starting job in a store if there was no management? No,you would move on

16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Then why did you mention the failed players under him? Scouts give recommendations,right now there is noone to reccomend anything to,therefore no decision makers. And now others are moving on because they see no direction.WOuld you succeed at a starting job in a store if there was no management? No,you would move on

Lmao everyone has failed picks name me one GM talent evaluator whoever that has hit on every single pick they have made...Plus my point was also that we solely place these bad picks on just Howie as well. But we seem to want to praise the good picks as Joe and the bad as Howie which makes no sense at all.

Scouts scout the players lmao they go to Howie and the FO staff with what they found then they make the picks...Coaches give what they are looking for in players.

GBFL and BG93, I'm just throwing this information out there for folks to digest. This info is opinion from other folks whether it be sports writers or fans but the common denominator is we all want to win. I have been a fan since 1965 but I can still separate wanting my team to win and being critical of what I see  as keeping us from winning. I see nothing wrong with that. Others do. I'm not insinuating that either of you do but others do. I am not one of those fans that defends my team to a fault. I call them like I see them and what I see is we have a GM that is excellent with salary cap and negotiating salaries. Probably the best in the NFL as people are starting to emulate him and his strategies but I wouldn't bet a dollar bill on him picking me a number 1 receiver or a number 1 CB in the first round. Just the way I feel. Howie isn't going anywhere either. He and Jeffery Lurie are joined at the hip so the Eagles have to find another way to get the talent aspect of the team done. 

31 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

GBFL and BG93, I'm just throwing this information out there for folks to digest. This info is opinion from other folks whether it be sports writers or fans but the common denominator is we all want to win. I have been a fan since 1965 but I can still separate wanting my team to win and being critical of what I see  as keeping us from winning. I see nothing wrong with that. Others do. I'm not insinuating that either of you do but others do. I am not one of those fans that defends my team to a fault. I call them like I see them and what I see is we have a GM that is excellent with salary cap and negotiating salaries. Probably the best in the NFL as people are starting to emulate him and his strategies but I wouldn't bet a dollar bill on him picking me a number 1 receiver or a number 1 CB in the first round. Just the way I feel. Howie isn't going anywhere either. He and Jeffery Lurie are joined at the hip so the Eagles have to find another way to get the talent aspect of the team done. 

My view point is fairly simple when it comes to Howie we bash the guy for every wrong move made which I understand he is the GM comes with the job...But at the same time think he is realizing his own weaknesses he went out of his way to get a respected talent evaluator in Douglas during his return...He made sure to keep Andy Weighl when Joe left another very well respected talent guy.

Im seeing Howie looking to these talent guys to make calls and decisions and he is listening...And like I’ve said I don’t believe we have been great in talent evaluating but we haven’t been terrible either we are in that middle ground...We have some clear areas of weakness that need to get better but we also have a huge area of strengths as well have to judge fairly is my only thing. 

Always get the feeling as a fan base we go to the extremes far to often and I’m completely guilty of this as well...

But when you take a step back and look at everything this team isn’t that different from the other 32 teams...We are not this drastically terrible drafting team while the rest are so far superior just like we are not this magically gifted drafting team either....

We have weaknesses and strengths like every other team shocking it’s positions we tend to value highly and invest more into is it really more shocking that we nail more on the lines when we generally invest higher picks on them??? 
I look at our issues at WR/CB recently then I look at teams like Seattle that can’t draft a Ol/DL to save their lives....Look at GB along the lines they had to go out and heavily invest to get a pass rush we’re not getting it done drafting and just recently have they seemed to find a stud at RB after years of no ground game also great at finding WRs struggle with TEs. And really you can do this for every team and find the areas they just struggle drafting or evaluating.

17 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

They need to start following this board!!!! So we are not "pros",then again find me ANY pro who has ever nailed anyones first 3 picks lol 2? Nope.Their track record is about as good as ours,so technically we are as good as any "pro". Actually we have an advantage over the pros,because we are intimate with the teams insides,how we work,whats good,what stinks,who fits,who doesn't.I suppose all fan bases are like that,but I can tell you from visiting other teams sites,there are ZERO fans more knowledgeable.Not narcistic,but really we find the players on here. I bet if you put us all in a locked room,and after many boxes of pizza,yelling,pushing,shoving and carrying on,we could come up with a concensus list we could all live with.I'm sorry,Jjaw was never on my radar.Coincidence?.He wasn't on anyone elses either.Seems we were right not to have him on our radar? To this point we know that answer.Never heard of MS2 in that draft either.Once again noone else did either(see a trend here?).We have found some superb players on here.Wrang picked alot of linemen who are successful.I got lucky on a few RB's.DC finds unknowns,others are good at other spots.Seems Ham knows his LB's and like anyone as a group we have our strengths and weaknesses,but like I said,put us all together and I bet we as a team could draft out our rear and do it better or as well and I feel we would be superior if given the addition tools the "pros" have.We don't get to interview players or get a feel for their personalities,they do and I would put this boards picks up against any of them at any time.I and others had tagged some nice players we missed on,Guys like McLaurin,Perriman(who got injured and would have been a bad pick but you cant predict injury) who I would still like to have here.Ham was all over Vander-Esch and he was earlier than any "pro" I saw.Wrang chose some top flight line guys.So did 93.DC picked up on Gaither months ago and only now is appearing on radars on the "pro" sites.I found some nice WR's that so far are ranked well below where they should be(like Davis from UCF and Gandy-Golden from Liberty college).SO,IMO they should look to this board and at least compare notes. We can beat each other up,but at days end,I would still put a list off this board up against anyone elses including the "pros" 

So,after that incessant rant(lol) and since I know my own weaknesses I will ask the "pros" on here at positions I am not good at. Wrang,what is your opinion of OG Logan Sternberg(Kentucky) Linemen are tough for me because there are great players on otherwise bland teams(like kentucky lol) .I also need opinions on LB Zack Baun from Wisconsin.These are 2 I recently added on my mock.I did so with alot of hesitation.Lastly CB Darnay Holmes from UCLA.I would like to know from everyone about these 3 picks and where you would take them(if at all). On my most recent mock,I felt that the OG was one we could have here a long time.I'd love to have a solid line for Wentz and the running game. I also have 2 LB's on it.Baun(my own pick) and Gaither(DC's pick).Since historically we don't take LB's high,I feel we should take them both.Thoughts? Similarly we dont take CB's high(unless "supposed" steals fall to us like Jones),thus I looked at Holmes(first round 4 pick) and also assume we will once again look to FA for help there,but we need to get some youth in here and let them learn.So,my request is that all look at these 3 guys and give me your op on them.I am still stuck with us taking a WR in1,don't see that changing.I also like WR Davis,who I had to take off my original mock,but think Gandy-Golden would be a better choice.I had them both in about the same place.So LMK what y'all think of these guys

52Oy4Ssx_x96.jpg

The Eagles apparently are waiting to make all their coaching hires so they can announce them all at once — I dunno why, exactly — but I still believe Matt Burke is the d-line coach, and I’ve been assured that ‘s report is correct, Marquand Manuel is the DB coach.

19 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

52Oy4Ssx_x96.jpg

The Eagles apparently are waiting to make all their coaching hires so they can announce them all at once — I dunno why, exactly — but I still believe Matt Burke is the d-line coach, and I’ve been assured that ‘s report is correct, Marquand Manuel is the DB coach.

Announce them at one time? LOL that's retarded. Unless they have some "underground" agreements

Ertz never gets to be in the talks about the best TE in the game it is a shame but when I think of the big 3 TEs now(Kelce, Kittle, Ertz)....I think of the old trio of Tony G, Gates and Witten 

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

They need to start following this board!!!! So we are not "pros",then again find me ANY pro who has ever nailed anyones first 3 picks lol 2? Nope.Their track record is about as good as ours,so technically we are as good as any "pro". Actually we have an advantage over the pros,because we are intimate with the teams insides,how we work,whats good,what stinks,who fits,who doesn't.I suppose all fan bases are like that,but I can tell you from visiting other teams sites,there are ZERO fans more knowledgeable.Not narcistic,but really we find the players on here. I bet if you put us all in a locked room,and after many boxes of pizza,yelling,pushing,shoving and carrying on,we could come up with a concensus list we could all live with.I'm sorry,Jjaw was never on my radar.Coincidence?.He wasn't on anyone elses either.Seems we were right not to have him on our radar? To this point we know that answer.Never heard of MS2 in that draft either.Once again noone else did either(see a trend here?).We have found some superb players on here.Wrang picked alot of linemen who are successful.I got lucky on a few RB's.DC finds unknowns,others are good at other spots.Seems Ham knows his LB's and like anyone as a group we have our strengths and weaknesses,but like I said,put us all together and I bet we as a team could draft out our rear and do it better or as well and I feel we would be superior if given the addition tools the "pros" have.We don't get to interview players or get a feel for their personalities,they do and I would put this boards picks up against any of them at any time.I and others had tagged some nice players we missed on,Guys like McLaurin,Perriman(who got injured and would have been a bad pick but you cant predict injury) who I would still like to have here.Ham was all over Vander-Esch and he was earlier than any "pro" I saw.Wrang chose some top flight line guys.So did 93.DC picked up on Gaither months ago and only now is appearing on radars on the "pro" sites.I found some nice WR's that so far are ranked well below where they should be(like Davis from UCF and Gandy-Golden from Liberty college).SO,IMO they should look to this board and at least compare notes. We can beat each other up,but at days end,I would still put a list off this board up against anyone elses including the "pros" 

They already are using material we have discussions on...I’ll go to NBC or other Philly news spots... a Week later, I am reading a story that we " The Bored” had discussion on for a few days presented to the Broader group of Eagle Fans as an original piece. Unfortunately we’ve already hashed that topic so it’s old news?

2 hours ago, trini said:

They already are using material we have discussions on...I’ll go to NBC or other Philly news spots... a Week later, I am reading a story that we " The Bored” had discussion on for a few days presented to the Broader group of Eagle Fans as an original piece. Unfortunately we’ve already hashed that topic so it’s old news?

I'm tellin' ya man. Some great guys on here! They're always on top of it. (what they are on top of I have no clue lmao) Learned so much.