DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

But you clearly said a good chance these guys will stick!  Much different in our level of confidence either way... i'm iffy and think say 2 or 3 of these 7 picks will be ok ... you are sure they will fill needs.   According to direct quotes from the posts.

Sure,DEPTH can be considered a need as well no? Lack of that was pretty evident last year.So if I get 7 guys in here through round 4, 2-3 may start(or soon) and I have 4-5 depth players that have the talent to fill in or become starters in time.So to me those 7 "stick".IDK why you are arguing semantics

29 minutes ago, trini said:

NFL network showing this kid lots of love. They consider this kid a top ten prospect. SLEEPER, S, DB, PR. The kid thinks he is a 4.03 guy, tremendous versatility.

Is this HS ball????

27 minutes ago, stine said:

We will most likely lose Big V. He is young enough and has shown signs he could start for someone. I doubt the Eagles pay him. We also lose Hill I think. Mills most likely resigns. Jenkins and Curry probably stay for a decnt contract. Not sure though.

Yeah,why I stuck an OG in my mock in round 3.May snag some linemen/LB in FA since they are cheaper than the "icing" players/Perhaps with the staff house cleaning we will see that missing "'player development" materialize,or at least show signs of life

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I know the connection.He's not worth taking IMO.I hope the guy we hired can do better than this!!! 

I mean watching him vs LSU would completely disagree with you....might be better pure athletes in day 3 but they don’t always make for better players....Again just looking at options is all.

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean watching him vs LSU would completely disagree with you....might be better pure athletes in day 3 but they don’t always make for better players....Again just looking at options is all.

So you think his game vs LSU was impressive? I do not.Personal opinion and better guys out there.He may have a future as an NFL TE

Don't get me wrong, Id take Amari at the right price, still expensive but not breaking the team.

The dropping clowney off in Tinicum thing was he'd be pretty roughed up if he got out, it used to be a rough area I lived in for a short time.

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Is this HS ball????

I don’t think so..Peter Schrager on GM’s, DJ and Bucky Brooks on NFL network think this kid is a Top 10 prospect and big time sleeper.?

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So you think his game vs LSU was impressive? I do not.Personal opinion and better guys out there.He may have a future as an NFL TE

I mean when you are playing one of the best team(hell the best team in the nation) and put together 5 catches 68 yards and a TD say you did alright lol.... Way more impressive then some other guy that put up 115 yards vs some bottom feeder team...

Besides that dude is 6’1 only like 200 pounds and runs a 4.4 

Watched a man run some nice routes decent speed good hands vs best team in college football with a damn good secondary....He would have had a much better game if he had a better QB who missed him on more then a few occasions.

Would definitely be a guy I would keep an eye on in day 3 

33 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Yeah IDK what we do next year.We either promote him or he will go someplace else,Suppose that depends on how the new guy works out.If Duce goes maybe Sproles takes that over?

39 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean when you are playing one of the best team(hell the best team in the nation) and put together 5 catches 68 yards and a TD say you did alright lol.... Way more impressive then some other guy that put up 115 yards vs some bottom feeder team...

Besides that dude is 6’1 only like 200 pounds and runs a 4.4 

Yeah personal choice,I will pass on him.Rather have Callaway

14 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Too slow to play outside in the NFL.Doesn't hold a candle to Callaway

His 40 time is 4.42... That is slow?  I don't know anything about him other than what I read, but that is not too slow in my mind...

DeMarcus Robinson(KC)- read an article he is on Rosemans wish list,May come fairly CHEAP since he would presumably get a starting nod

1 minute ago, stine said:

His 40 time is 4.42... That is slow?  I don't know anything about him other than what I read, but that is not too slow in my mind...

Yeah straight line speed can be deceiving.Watching vids,I just don't see the speed coming through.May have to look again.Like Callway alot more(Tennessee).This is why flat out speed isn't the only attribute you need

8 minutes ago, stine said:

There is one guy unranked who is .01 faster than Ruggs,so it takes more than sheer speed.We found that out with Treggs.If speed was the only criteria,Ruggs would be taken over Jeudy and Lamb.I have also seen recent mocks that Higgins would be there(other than Shenault).Not worried,we will get a few nice WR's whomever they are.More mocks now placing my guy Gabriel Davis around where I had him(round 4)

Although I disagreed with Ham about trading back(still do),I could see CB in 1 ,WR in 2,4. Depends on what our board looks like.Would be ok with this if we indeed signed Robinson or Perriman or someone similar to pair with Djax. One of those 2 and Byron Jones would be some nice moves IMO

Just wondering, Would you offer a 5 year deal to Byron Jones for 65 mil? that is 13 per year. May be a bit high as compared to others, but he is a solid player and steady as it comes. Also would eliminate one need in the draft. I also like Either Martinez (GB) or Kwiatkoski (Chi) as possible FA's at LB. Thinking we may be able to get the latter for less cash. Maybe $5 mil per year? So you would take care of two positions and give yourself a little freedom in the draft.

SOOO,since CB is not my gig,can you guys scout 2 players and LMK what/who you;d choose between Diggs(Bama) and Henderson(FL)? Others are better at this than I am

4 hours ago, stine said:

Who, in their right mind would give up anything for Alshon? You honestly think Buffalo would send us a 6th rounder for him? lol I would be surprised if any team would take him if we offered our 6th round pick! He is a major liability and all GM's know it. That money is not going away. You cannot compare Cooper to Wentz. That is like Apples and oranges. Wentz did not disappear. Also he had no weapons to speak of. Cooper did disappear. Did nothing the last 3 weeks of the year. The last 3 weeks combined 19 targets, 9 receptions, 135 yards, 0 TDs. One of the receptions was for 48 yards. So, he made 1 play in three games at crunch time. The rest of the time he disappeared. This is the player I want to spend 95-98 million on? Really?

Good evening Stine! Plus I specifically remember the Jax/dullass game. Ramsey completely shut down Coop. 0 rec. that game for him. 

4 hours ago, stine said:

Who, in their right mind would give up anything for Alshon? You honestly think Buffalo would send us a 6th rounder for him? lol I would be surprised if any team would take him if we offered our 6th round pick! He is a major liability and all GM's know it. That money is not going away. You cannot compare Cooper to Wentz. That is like Apples and oranges. Wentz did not disappear. Also he had no weapons to speak of. Cooper did disappear. Did nothing the last 3 weeks of the year. The last 3 weeks combined 19 targets, 9 receptions, 135 yards, 0 TDs. One of the receptions was for 48 yards. So, he made 1 play in three games at crunch time. The rest of the time he disappeared. This is the player I want to spend 95-98 million on? Really?

Yes ...Buffalo would trade for Alshon.  Remember the last game he played vs Miami?  He was injured all year and they aren't butt hurt like our fans in thinking he talked trash about Wentz.  I was in Buffalo for the game, they have nothing at WR.  Allen has to run or they stink. 

Liability....lol.  Alshon at worst is easily a top 20 WR when healthy.   It's obvious he came back too early after getting hurt.   Via a trade the new team isn't responsible for any signing bonus, just salary.  Buffalo has like $88 mil of cap space,  they could use $9 mil on Alshon easily.   Seriously need to stop looking at football through Eagles fan tunnel vision.   That's pretty brutal " Alshon is a liability " 

As for Cooper..  you have a position of need, plenty of cap space...and a 25 year old who made the pro bowl 4 times.  Throw in a new CBA where all of these contracts will go up huge... does it get any more perfect to decide to invest in a guy?

3 games where he wasn't healthy and his team quit, with his QB playing like crap and that throws away everything else he accomplished????  Too many emotions and not enough logic there. 

If Dak signs a deal... Cooper will get tagged as soon as Dak crosses the last T in his name.   Besides "stats" a fan should realize the impact a player makes by drawing attention from the other team.   It's an aspect guys like Alshon, Cooper and Fletcher Cox bring to the table, not just what numbers are on the back of their football cards.

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well then we were TOTAL morons to go after Wentz.Such FOOLS we are.WE could have saved those picks!!!! And as you stated above round 4 picks are not worth anything.We could use 2 of those 4th's to move up for an additional 3,so we could have 1,2,3,3,3 which as I said is almost a double draft for us

Show me when I " stated this"  

I quoted you word for word    ... you are making up stuff that I said.  tough to have adult conversation like that.    IDK where stating the facts that 1st round picks are 50% success rate... and later round picks have less success... where you get I said they are meaningless?     

And this " double draft" stuff.... how about looking at it a different way... how about the other recent years we had " half drafts" that weren't the norm?   because that is really what happened.  We normally have more than the 7 picks if you look at it going back like the last 12 -15 years.... but the last few prior, without any comp picks and trading up to get a QB in 2016 and a LT in 2019, it cost us picks.  That was not the norm.  So in reality, we have a normal one now... with 6 of the 10 picks in the last half of the draft   It's a nice position to be in, but we have had better assets going in before for sure.   Look at 2010 draft ... I think we had 12 picks.... ended up with only Graham as a legit contributor. 

Nothing is guaranteed, especially when the odds are much lower than 50 -50 for the later round picks ... to where you feel your needs will get filled prior to us making any selections and seeing how these kids play for at least a season.    If you want to trade up for a player, I'm fine with that...if you think the player is worth it.  That's different than using the logic that I can give up a 2021 2nd round pick because I feel all my late round picks in 2020 are going to legit fill long term needs for my team.  

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yes ...Buffalo would trade for Alshon.  Remember the last game he played vs Miami?  He was injured all year and they aren't butt hurt like our fans in thinking he talked trash about Wentz.  I was in Buffalo for the game, they have nothing at WR.  Allen has to run or they stink. 

Liability....lol.  Alshon at worst is easily a top 20 WR when healthy.   It's obvious he came back too early after getting hurt.   Via a trade the new team isn't responsible for any signing bonus, just salary.  Buffalo has like $88 mil of cap space,  they could use $9 mil on Alshon easily.   Seriously need to stop looking at football through Eagles fan tunnel vision.   That's pretty brutal " Alshon is a liability " 

As for Cooper..  you have a position of need, plenty of cap space...and a 25 year old who made the pro bowl 4 times.  Throw in a new CBA where all of these contracts will go up huge... does it get any more perfect to decide to invest in a guy?

3 games where he wasn't healthy and his team quit, with his QB playing like crap and that throws away everything else he accomplished????  Too many emotions and not enough logic there. 

If Dak signs a deal... Cooper will get tagged as soon as Dak crosses the last T in his name.   Besides "stats" a fan should realize the impact a player makes by drawing attention from the other team.   It's an aspect guys like Alshon, Cooper and Fletcher Cox bring to the table, not just what numbers are on the back of their football cards.

When has Alshon been healthy? Easily a top 20 when healthy? Then why get rid of him? I disagree that he is a top 20 WR, maybe not even a top 30 when healthy now. He is much slower. Buffalo has 90 mil to spend. You say I am looking thru Eagles Fan Tunnel Vision? I say it is you who is placing much more value on Jeffrey because you are a fan. Why shouldn't Buffalo spend 98 mil on Cooper? They can easily afford it and he is healthy. Where did you read Cooper was not healthy the last 3 games? I didn't see that anywhere....

LOL- Who did Cooper draw attention for? I don't know what you are talking about. You don't think Thomas drew attention? Devante Adams? Hopkins? They are all drawing a bunch of attention and they still made a huge impact on the game. Cooper disappeared. Period. I want no part of him....

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Pick my guys and they will.I don't control the ones the FO gets and I don't control the "successful" ones we release,trade or let go

Well we need to hire you then to be in charge of the draft.  Let's go,  send in the resume to Howie... anything can help.

19 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Well we need to hire you then to be in charge of the draft.  Let's go,  send in the resume to Howie... anything can help.

If I lived there I would.Unfortunately too old now.Harder to get around lol.But I would be confident depending on the position.Some I am clueless,others I can do.Love to be in the war room on draft day