DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Just an FYI.We made postseason with ZERO WR's over 500 yards.I don't think that can get worse no matter who we take lol(Yikes).That's a SAD stat there

No that's a really good point actually. That's pretty darn low and we'd have to go some to do worse there. 

34 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No that's a really good point actually. That's pretty darn low and we'd have to go some to do worse there. 

But are we concerned about getting worse or improving enough to win another title?     Adequate players get you adequate results.   We've had plenty of those years.  I hope we look to get back to the top.   It's lonely at the top, but since only one team can be there,  you have to be willing to go above and beyond the adequate... if you really want to be that team.  

I'm sure there are plenty of adequate options in round 4. Plenty of adequate " value" options in free agency.    9 -7 or 10-6 are adequate results too...you can probably get there with getting a bunch of these adequate options. 

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

But are we concerned about getting worse or improving enough to win another title?     Adequate players get you adequate results.   We've had plenty of those years.  I hope we look to get back to the top.   It's lonely at the top, but since only one team can be there,  you have to be willing to go above and beyond the adequate... if you really want to be that team.  

I'm sure there are plenty of adequate options in round 4. Plenty of adequate " value" options in free agency.    9 -7 or 10-6 are adequate results too...you can probably get there with getting a bunch of these adequate options. 

Agreed...100%....Adequate, is just not good enough. I just don’t see the Cow#itches after giving up a #1 for Cooper not get some assurance that he was more than a rental, and resign with them. The only way Coop gets out of Dallas is if Cooper wants out. Jerruh will not let that guy leave.

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah,we could be adequate if all our picks were round 4.But hey in 4 I would be happy with "adequate" BU's. FA and 4 picks in 3 rounds gives us that chance to find some guys well over adequate.I was merely pointing out Joe that no receiver over 500 yards is a pretty stark display of our lack of WR's.I would be fine if Ward and Jjaw worked up to "adequate". Djax I can't count on after 1/2 the season.I KNOW we will take WR's in the draft and probably a FA to boot.I don't think they can do much worse than 500 yards a season

6 hours ago, trini said:

Agreed...100%....Adequate, is just not good enough. I just don’t see the Cow#itches after giving up a #1 for Cooper not get some assurance that he was more than a rental, and resign with them. The only way Coop gets out of Dallas is if Cooper wants out. Jerruh will not let that guy leave.

Depends,they are gonna have to tag either Coop or Dak.If they tag Dak and pay big to keep Coop,then Byron Jones is likely a casualty.I don't see them paying all 3.

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If we want to add a WR then we can't trade back bud. There's too many teams just behind us that are WR needy. There's too many teams who could even jump us at #21.

Someone who the Eagles may take a flyer on in the 5th/6th round is Antonio Gipson of Memphis. Dude played WR in college but is Projected as a RB in the NFL. He should run a 4.4 40 at the combine, maybe lower. He was also used as a K/R. He did rush 33 times last season for over a 10 yard average per. Kind of a Swiss army knife... 

58 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Depends,they are gonna have to tag either Coop or Dak.If they tag Dak and pay big to keep Coop,then Byron Jones is likely a casualty.I don't see them paying all 3.

Wow, why didn't I say that - 3 weeks ago! W/ 70 mill they still could sign all 3, lots of big bucks in 6 players

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If we want to add a WR then we can't trade back bud. There's too many teams just behind us that are WR needy. There's too many teams who could even jump us at #21.

Plenty of WR in this draft. Probably facing taking Shenault at 21. But still will be Higgins, Jefferson, Reagor, Aiyuk, Morrison, Hamler.....

Is building the perfect team too much to ask?

Kidding. I'd really like to see us wrap up our own players, then go into the draft already having acquired FA's of need. Besides secondary, I always believed in 2 deep WR's and 2 downhill RB's. Besides that, Cox needs help.

As for LT, it's a great problem to have.

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Wow, why didn't I say that - 3 weeks ago! W/ 70 mill they still could sign all 3, lots of big bucks in 6 players

Not sure why people say they are in trouble then. over 70 mil will take care of all but Cobb. That still leaves them enough to pay for draft picks....

5 minutes ago, stine said:

Not sure why people say they are in trouble then. over 70 mil will take care of all but Cobb. That still leaves them enough to pay for draft picks....

If they get stuck franchising Dak that what over half of their cap though 

1 hour ago, stine said:

They are in trouble if they are just struggling to try and keep that mediocre team together

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Plenty of WR in this draft. Probably facing taking Shenault at 21. But still will be Higgins, Jefferson, Reagor, Aiyuk, Morrison, Hamler.....

IMO Aiyuk> Shenault.I say this cause watching vids of Shenault,lots of broken defensive assignments,EZ open catches.Maybe you see it different.I think Shenault is overrated.I know highlights are hand picked.So if those are the best he has then......

I’m really started to like Jalen Reagor really growing on me as a WR....Might be my #2 guy after Ruggs....

For those that might ask I’m assuming Jeudy and Lamb are gone 

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah,we could be adequate if all our picks were round 4.But hey in 4 I would be happy with "adequate" BU's. FA and 4 picks in 3 rounds gives us that chance to find some guys well over adequate.I was merely pointing out Joe that no receiver over 500 yards is a pretty stark display of our lack of WR's.I would be fine if Ward and Jjaw worked up to "adequate". Djax I can't count on after 1/2 the season.I KNOW we will take WR's in the draft and probably a FA to boot.I don't think they can do much worse than 500 yards a season

Yeah...agree with all that... I'm not looking to do much worse or slightly better.  The 2019 is not a measuring stick for me.  Our division stunk... so we made the playoffs, not the same. 

Get the best player round 1. Don't trade back because there is still adequate players at the same position of the best player. My strategy with the draft is consistent.  When your turn is up, take the best guy. You are team building long term, not just 2020. If WR is best player your first 2 picks you take them. It doesn't matter about the adequate WR in round 4. 

12 hours ago, trini said:

It's just a matter of who makes it to free agency.  The open market.  If Dak gets the franchise tag... Cooper goes to the open market.  Transition tag means Dallas is forced to match the terms of the contract. 

2 hours ago, stine said:

Right they can pay everyone.  But lingering contract issues will make players want to leave.  Dallas is a mess!

Boyz just haven't learned to get these contracts done earlier. Dak's a different story as not many were sure about him last yr - I'm still on the fence about him. Besides the Jones boyz, they had bad coaching as well. Hate them but they're really not a bad team.

7 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Besides the Jones boyz, they had bad coaching as well. Hate them but they're really not a bad team.

That's a team who, unfortunately, with the right coaching could really make strides in the coming years. 

46 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah...agree with all that... I'm not looking to do much worse or slightly better.  The 2019 is not a measuring stick for me.  Our division stunk... so we made the playoffs, not the same. 

Get the best player round 1. Don't trade back because there is still adequate players at the same position of the best player. My strategy with the draft is consistent.  When your turn is up, take the best guy. You are team building long term, not just 2020. If WR is best player your first 2 picks you take them. It doesn't matter about the adequate WR in round 4. 

Matters to me.I would rather have adequate BU's than have to pull up PS players and pray

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IMO Aiyuk> Shenault.I say this cause watching vids of Shenault,lots of broken defensive assignments,EZ open catches.Maybe you see it different.I think Shenault is overrated.I know highlights are hand picked.So if those are the best he has then......

Aiyuk looks pretty good. Not overwhelmed with him. Strictly a slot WR. Not a natural hands guy. Several schools wanted to switch him to CB. Only had one good season. Good return man though. Both guys have much to learn in the route tree. 

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I’m really started to like Jalen Reagor really growing on me as a WR....Might be my #2 guy after Ruggs....

For those that might ask I’m assuming Jeudy and Lamb are gone 

Reagor has big potential for sure. I’m liking him as much as the others in that second tier.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Aiyuk looks pretty good. Not overwhelmed with him. Strictly a slot WR. Not a natural hands guy. Several schools wanted to switch him to CB. Only had one good season. Good return man though. Both guys have much to learn in the route tree. 

I like Shenault more than Aiyuk