DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Draft is early this year isn't it?  I thought the free agency period got here fairly quickly, but could be because a lot of other stuff was going on..... with all this current situation, it's going to be a drag.

The silence at the draft is going to be weird lol

Peters,  Jernigan,  Darby, Curry... all still on the market.  Ham wants those comp picks... curious what happens with these guys.

5 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I kinda thought this FA period would be defense heavy, though, I also thought they'd add at least one WR. This draft doesn't look that great for middle lineman, but it's a great draft for OT's.

Man I want Gay and davis-gaither as LB's too.I am greedy

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Peters,  Jernigan,  Darby, Curry... all still on the market.  Ham wants those comp picks... curious what happens with these guys.

Some will be cheap re-signs

Hope everyone stays safe... remember what you can do to help at this time...

FB_IMG_1585070715869.jpg

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Idk, I think if you look big picture...in a 2 year window... passing on these B level WRs could be the cap space used to sign a LB or another position.  $20 mil in the case of Robbie Anderson,  that can go a long way toward other things.

Yeah,think we waited on these WR's because we are close to YAK.His signing would make this D pretty impressive. Once the smoke clears,see whats left.Still a few possible WR's just for their experience cause I think we'll have to hit the rooks alot

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Hope everyone stays safe... remember what you can do to help at this time...

FB_IMG_1585070715869.jpg

LMAO

I really kinda like how this new secondary is shaping up.... Slay, Coleman, Parks new faces, Mills at S now, LeBlanc/Jones/Maddox at CB....

Douglas is a ???? But seems like the odd man out would be great to see us land a player for player trade for a guy maybe out of favor with his current team possibly like Douglas....Royce Freeman was an interesting name I seen in an article for Douglas would fill the power back role for us still young plus can catch as well 

55 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I can see that.JJ if we stand.I like JJ here alot.In 3 mocks I tried last night JJ went to Dullaz on 2/3

If Dallas wants the best center in the draft now that their's retired they will need to use their second round pick. How many receivers do they have on the team now? They need some more defensive players to replace the ones they lost. They lost 4 starters on defense to free agency. DE Robert Quinn, CB Byron Jones, S Jeff Heath and DT Maliek Collins. They signed Clinton dix to take Heath's spot and 32 year old Gerald McCoy to take Collins spot but they need more defensive players. I am looking for them to take a CB early in the draft.

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I really kinda like how this new secondary is shaping up.... Slay, Coleman, Parks new faces, Mills at S now, LeBlanc/Jones/Maddox at CB....

Douglas is a ???? But seems like the odd man out would be great to see us land a player for player trade for a guy maybe out of favor with his current team possibly like Douglas....Royce Freeman was an interesting name I seen in an article for Douglas would fill the power back role for us still young plus can catch as well 

He comes cheap for 2 years too.  

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

He comes cheap for 2 years too.  

Was Coleman a two year deal???? Or you talking the Slay???? I thought Coleman signed a 1 year deal....Or you talking my possible trade option for Douglas lol 

Article makes it sound like we might be a tad gun shy to add a more experienced WR....Want a guy that will mesh and grow with Wentz don’t want another Alshon situation

5 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Was Coleman a two year deal???? Or you talking the Slay???? I thought Coleman signed a 1 year deal....Or you talking my possible trade option for Douglas lol 

Royce Freeman... comes cheap for 2 more years... fits the Eagles ideas in regards to cheap RBs in a committee perfectly. 

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

Article makes it sound like we might be a tad gun shy to add a more experienced WR....Want a guy that will mesh and grow with Wentz don’t want another Alshon situation

IDK... if it was at an Alshon level 3 years ago i would jump on it.    None of these B level guys are that to me.  I don't even care about stats, they don't change the game enough for 2020 compared to deSean or a rookie.    If we had one we wanted long term for sure, then yeah.  Makes no sense with the group from this year though.. cap space can be used this year or next year for better pieces.  

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

THought we brought in Philly Will for the slot, guess that's changed

I think he is like a jack of all trades type,  

28 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah,think we waited on these WR's because we are close to YAK.His signing would make this D pretty impressive. Once the smoke clears,see whats left.Still a few possible WR's just for their experience cause I think we'll have to hit the rooks alot

GBFL.... you wanna know a real sign Agholor was a bust ??????     He just signed his second contract before the rush on B level WRs ... he signed for league minimum.... so little it didn't even make the comp pick cancellation chart as a pick that won't count..... WOW! ... it didn't count as a pick that didn't count.... lol.    Not even important enough to make the not important list....LOL.   Eagles could have traded him last offseason, eaten all the salary for 2019 (if that is even legal) and asked for a 7th round pick this year.. and would have made out better!  

44 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

THought we brought in Philly Will for the slot, guess that's changed

Seen parks listed at S figures he would be that 3rd S type guy similar to Graham SB team version when he was the actual 3rd S not stuck filling in as a starter 

48 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

IDK... if it was at an Alshon level 3 years ago i would jump on it.    None of these B level guys are that to me.  I don't even care about stats, they don't change the game enough for 2020 compared to deSean or a rookie.    If we had one we wanted long term for sure, then yeah.  Makes no sense with the group from this year though.. cap space can be used this year or next year for better pieces.  

No clue just going by the article joe lol it makes it sound like the Eagles are a bit gun shy about things when it comes to a veteran WR....Or at least that how I took it when I read the article 

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I would look at Robinson.He's still young, had a taste of AR's O which is similar to ours.Put up some nice numbers as the "not #1".His "culture" issues are my concern.maybe he grew out of puberty? Other than that,see noone that fits that bill.I am still opting for 2- 3 WR's in the draft and a handful of UDFA's and by now you know my preferences .Like to get either gay or Davis gaither(both would be terrific!) but at least one young LB.Also suspect a late QB pick if we don't re-sign McCown

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Royce Freeman... comes cheap for 2 more years... fits the Eagles ideas in regards to cheap RBs in a committee perfectly. 

Like this addition.Some had him for us in that draft