DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

GBFL.... you wanna know a real sign Agholor was a bust ??????     He just signed his second contract before the rush on B level WRs ... he signed for league minimum.... so little it didn't even make the comp pick cancellation chart as a pick that won't count..... WOW! ... it didn't count as a pick that didn't count.... lol.    Not even important enough to make the not important list....LOL.   Eagles could have traded him last offseason, eaten all the salary for 2019 (if that is even legal) and asked for a 7th round pick this year.. and would have made out better!  

GL to the Raiders when they are driving for the winng TD and AG drops them all HAHA(wont miss that at all)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

No clue just going by the article joe lol it makes it sound like the Eagles are a bit gun shy about things when it comes to a veteran WR....Or at least that how I took it when I read the article 

Although never a guarantee,young WR's are more resilient.I think we are sick of old people and the injuries they give us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

 

Excellent.I was saying this about WR's also.SPEED is not the only thing that wins. WR's, CB's, S's plan for EACH game differently because each team is in fact DIFFERENT.If that means moving guys around,than thats what you do.Pull a WR from slot to out(JJ right???) or move someone in from outside.use the versatility against your opponent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Excellent.I was saying this about WR's also.SPEED is not the only thing that wins. WR's, CB's, S's plan for EACH game differently because each team is in fact DIFFERENT.If that means moving guys around,than thats what you do.Pull a WR from slot to out(JJ right???) or move someone in from outside.use the versatility against your opponent

Lmao is it bad when I read Kaye tweets I was like sounds great in theory but don’t trust Schwartz who is a bit stubborn to be willing enough to move his guys around for the best matchups....

All I can really say now though is hopefully with more talent in the secondary Schwartz is more willing to move guys around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Think it should be a given that Slay follows the teams best pass catcher but can’t be sure with Schwartz 

Think you have to mix it up .... A strategy I like .... have the #1 CB cover the #2 WR ... then you can double the #1 WR without concern of the 32 guy doing well vs the single coverage.  

BTW... your idea with trading Douglas for Freeman.  It's weird that Douglas has a salary of over $2 mil ... being a late 3rd rounder... Freeman drafted a year later and earlier within the draft.. will only have a little over $900k salary for what would be his 4th year in 2021????   you would think the guy drafted earlier and a year later would have a higher salary just from natural progression?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Think you have to mix it up .... A strategy I like .... have the #1 CB cover the #2 WR ... then you can double the #1 WR without concern of the 32 guy doing well vs the single coverage.  

BTW... your idea with trading Douglas for Freeman.  It's weird that Douglas has a salary of over $2 mil ... being a late 3rd rounder... Freeman drafted a year later and earlier within the draft.. will only have a little over $900k salary for what would be his 4th year in 2021????   you would think the guy drafted earlier and a year later would have a higher salary just from natural progression?????

If you can eliminate one target makes defending that much easier...Also much harder on an O when they are down a weapon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Will Parks opted to come Philly taking less money in the process. 

Plus treating vets right plays a part in guys even considering places as a destination. Don’t think trading a guy like Jenkins to someplace he doesn’t want to play doesn’t hurt how players view us???? And agents etc.

It is a business the FO realizes this also and relationships are key in business 

Nah....you handling these guys with kid gloves a little...they get it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering if there is any update on the YAK thing. Seems he wants to be here and we'd love to have him.I hope Howie gets this done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Nah....you handling these guys with kid gloves a little...they get it

Not at all but it is a business still relationships matter in any business.... If you screw guys and just look at what best for you guys are going to take notice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Wondering if there is any update on the YAK thing. Seems he wants to be here and we'd love to have him.I hope Howie gets this done

I have heard nothing new on that front 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LMAO going through the roster and noticed Gibson's giving another go at it mates. That shows how far behind I am on some of the news. Or forgot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

LMAO going through the roster and noticed Gibson's giving another go at it mates. That shows how far behind I am on some of the news. Or forgot?

He came back against umm... Was it Seattle? Or was it NY? Got a huge PI call in our favour that turned out to be a big play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He came back against umm... Was it Seattle? Or was it NY? Got a huge PI call in our favour that turned out to be a big play.

LOL thanks! It was the latter……I forgot. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

LMAO going through the roster and noticed Gibson's giving another go at it mates. That shows how far behind I am on some of the news. Or forgot?

Nice catch.A)Camp body? B)Has a LITTLE experience?C) Desperation? D) all of these  IMA go with D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK after watching the vid with Lurie it seems to me he(Alshon) will play(or at least start the season).This makes me want JJ even more. Besides avoiding eating the money,we really did not go after his replacement in FA.We could open with Alshon/Djax and Jefferson in the slot.We DO need to find Alshons and Djax future replacements.One can probably be had in round 2 or 3. It's also possible with JJ,if Alshon or Dajx went down,he could move outside with Ward in the slot.I'm all for drafting 3 WR's and adding a handful of hopefuls off UDFA.There are some with skills that need work and polish.Guys like VAN Jefferson(FL),but after JJ I would really like to see the speed guy that can replace Djax drafted ASAP. IDK at this point what we have heard about Alshon is "rejection".It could be "DEjection" that was blown out of proportion.I do this also,I will get angry spew a few words,then after awhile I want to come back and try again.So hard to know what is fact from fiction right now  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK after watching the vid with Lurie it seems to me he(Alshon) will play(or at least start the season).This makes me want JJ even more. Besides avoiding eating the money,we really did not go after his replacement in FA.We could open with Alshon/Djax and Jefferson in the slot.We DO need to find Alshons and Djax future replacements.One can probably be had in round 2 or 3. It's also possible with JJ,if Alshon or Dajx went down,he could move outside with Ward in the slot.I'm all for drafting 3 WR's and adding a handful of hopefuls off UDFA.There are some with skills that need work and polish.Guys like VAN Jefferson(FL),but after JJ I would really like to see the speed guy that can replace Djax drafted ASAP. IDK at this point what we have heard about Alshon is "rejection".It could be "DEjection" that was blown out of proportion.I do this also,I will get angry spew a few words,then after awhile I want to come back and try again.So hard to know what is fact from fiction right now  

I don't think Alshon is going to start the season. . Due to injury.   He may be on the roster, if they were to look to trade him, there are 2 ways that make sense.   1. During the draft, if they use him to be a part of a trade for picks or moving up/ down.    The idea some have on here is that Alshon is a negative asset.  I don't think so due to his salary being under $10 mil.  But why would another team take that if he can only play half the season?

2. What makes the most sense.   He stays on the roster until he gets close to playing, at that point, his trade value should go up as the next team only has to pay the remaining portion of the 2020 salary.  Plus they know he is ready to play.   Too many unknowns right now and more expensive for a team to trade for him now... at least in terms of what the Eagles would get in return. 

I don't think he plays again for the Eagles,  but no need to trade him now... he won't be in the locker room anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The idea some have on here is that Alshon is a negative asset

It’s not just on here lol it’s a general consensus in the sporting world that if the Eagles want to move on from Alshon they likely have to give up something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

It’s not just on here lol it’s a general consensus in the sporting world that if the Eagles want to move on from Alshon they likely have to give up something.

Right .... if they move on now when there is no reason to do so.  You take your time, its then known he is going to be able to play and a team who is looking for a WR to help during the playoff push would only have to pay partial salary.     Makes sense a team pays $5 mil as they know he is going to be able to play right away.... as compared to the whole $9 mil plus when it's unknown.    Be dumb to rush into a trade that does nothing for us ... meaning nothing better than just cutting him.    That's why it would be stupid for the Eagles to " GIVE UP SOMETHING"   Just cut him instead.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

 

Not really a shocker but of course Texans wanted different stuff from Philly then AZ....

Seems obvious if it's not about only money

Yak is holding out lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Although never a guarantee,young WR's are more resilient.I think we are sick of old people and the injuries they give us

Also if a young rook gets hurt,you have 4 years to think about it instead of paying a vet to be in the med tent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

 

Not really a shocker but of course Texans wanted different stuff from Philly then AZ....

Yeah, like I was trying to say last week... something below the surface here.   Houston either values David Johnson more than the rest of the league, or they were asking for more from other teams.   For me it's not about just the Eagles... just seems weird that  29 other teams besides the Eagles couldn't put a package together that was better than AZ?   Especially seeing what Buffalo traded for Diggs?   

another thing... Hopkins may be looking for $25 mil per year type deal????    Who knows?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked with a doc friend in Ohio.They are expecting the virus to peak in late April.The are gearing up(just in Ohio) for 6-8000 NEW cases a day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now