DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

6 hours ago, senhorcook said:

Eagles win, but still look like a very average or below average team. Redskins with their THIRD string QB that has been their 2 weeks with no reps had no chance.

Lets not forget that the Redskins also had two second string guards starting on their o-line and they both got hurt and had to leave the game so for at least one half the game they had third string guards in the game. They got some pressure and a couple sacks but it should have been a whole lot worse for the Skins then what it was.Still say that our defensive line isn't playing as well as they could be. Something is wrong there. Does not having Barnett in the lineup make that much difference?

5 hours ago, ASG15 said:

This could (should) have been a blowout.

Too many mistakes in the RZ.

If they do that against the Cowpies it's gonna get ugly.

Considering Dallas rarely scores 28 points doubt it gets ugly....Also how our O has been playing this game was a nice surprise....Minus one terrible int by Wentz  in the RZ thought overall our O played well....trying to look at the positives this O seems like it FINALLY starting to find itself just hope the momentum continues and we keep getting better 

Consider this also....After Colt left the game skins ran 32 plays rest of the game.... take away the terrible play on D of Pederson running 90 yards for a team....Skins ran 31 plays for 89 yards got 3 points 

55 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Considering Dallas rarely scores 28 points doubt it gets ugly....Also how our O has been playing this game was a nice surprise....Minus one terrible int by Wentz  in the RZ thought overall our O played well....trying to look at the positives this O seems like it FINALLY starting to find itself just hope the momentum continues and we keep getting better 

Kelce had one of his best games of the year last night IMO. He gave up no pressure up the middle and was blocking all over the place,

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Consider this also....After Colt left the game skins ran 32 plays rest of the game.... take away the terrible play on D of Pederson running 90 yards for a team....Skins ran 31 plays for 89 yards got 3 points 

I don't think I've ever seen a RB have a 90 yard run and not get 100 for the game.

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Anytime you lose to the Cowpies it's ugly.

If you watch the Wentz interception in slow motion it looks like the MLB tipped the pass down to Norman.

15 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Anytime you lose to the Cowpies it's ugly.

This is true but Dallas O isn’t built to score a ton they play ball control O with great D play....To win we have to stop the run that is a must and score early and fast force Dak to throw 

I like seeing Douglas and Sidney Jones playing together on the outside...To me they were suppose to be our future at the CB position and how they play could influence what we do at the position moving forward....Best case scenario they both do well we stick with them could move Maddox into the slot and could be set at CB....Still Think Mills would do well as a S or slot CB 

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

I like seeing Douglas and Sidney Jones playing together on the outside...To me they were suppose to be our future at the CB position and how they play could influence what we do at the position moving forward....Best case scenario they both do well we stick with them could move Maddox into the slot and could be set at CB....Still Think Mills would do well as a S or slot CB 

More and more I would be leaning to changing  Nathon Gerry back to safety where his best skill set lies. Unfortunately for him he would have to lose some weight now that he just put on to play linebacker. He is up to 230 pounds now.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tensions-seem-rising-between-zimmer-113457134.html

Interesting little article. LOL

Gerry knock coming out of college was he was stiff for a S why the Eagles decided to try him at LB....Not sure Gerry is much more then a great STer....My hopes for Gerry was that he could develop into a good cover LB but that doesn’t seem to be happening either 

4 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Still have to see more of Douglas. He did better last night while playing some man to man . I like to see him right up at the line of scrimmage. He also had a couple nice tackles and he stayed home on a couple plays instead of cheating towards the middle like he did in the past games where he was caught out of position. Must admit though that I would be busting his chops this morning when the game tape goes on for not catching up to old man Pederson while he was running for a 90 yard touchdown. I can understand LB Gruger Hill not being able to catch up or 33 year old Corey Graham but Douglas and LeBlanc have no excuses. I would be riding their arzzes all week about it.

4 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Gerry knock coming out of college was he was stiff for a S why the Eagles decided to try him at LB....Not sure Gerry is much more then a great STer....My hopes for Gerry was that he could develop into a good cover LB but that doesn’t seem to be happening either 

So would you rather try to train a guy who has a good college history of picking off passes while playing the safety position to become less stiff or make him gain 30 pounds he is not used to carrying and train him to be a linebacker?  Don't answer that BG! LOL The Eagles have already chosen.

Anyone else but me hear Jason Witten state that Jason Kelce is down to 285 pounds now at this time of the season. Of course he listed at 295 .  Makes what he does even more incredible however it also makes it understandable that he would have a hard time keeping the rush up the middle from happening.

They need to give Dallas a nice spanking next week to bring them back to reality. Don't give any big runs to Elliott and put pressure on Dax is the winning formula for defense.  For offense, play like they have been recently and hit the WR's in the slot.  Tate and Ertz (and hopefully Goedert) should have a big game on offense as long as the keep Dallas' defense honest with some nice chunks running the ball.

Only slept 1 1/2 hrs last night, but taped the game and swear I saw Gerry get an INT.

Although a different type of RB than Zeke, the only reason AP didn't have more ydg is the skins got stupid and didn't use him the last 33 mins! Down to the sanchize who was only on the roster 2 wks and AP obviously ready for a big game????

19 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

So would you rather try to train a guy who has a good college history of picking off passes while playing the safety position to become less stiff or make him gain 30 pounds he is not used to carrying and train him to be a linebacker?  Don't answer that BG! LOL The Eagles have already chosen.

Guess we will never know what Gerry could have been at S.....I like the in theory approach we had for Gerry though making the move to LB(though Gerry hasn’t gained 30 pounds more like 10-15 pounds playing at like 230 was already like 215-220 in college)....Side note Gruger-Hill was also a former college S....

11 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Only slept 1 1/2 hrs last night, but taped the game and swear I saw Gerry get an INT.

Although a different type of RB than Zeke, the only reason AP didn't have more ydg is the skins got stupid and didn't use him the last 33 mins! Down to the sanchize who was only on the roster 2 wks and AP obviously ready for a big game????

Eagles put the Skins in positions where they were forced to throw the ball....Same thing we have to do to Dallas next week....Put the game in Dak hands force him to beat us 

Skins weren't that far behind, AP obviously a big play waiting to happen at any time. I refute the theory where if a team is a little behind they should go away from the run game, esp when you have a player like AP - who I really wanted btw ( 1 yr, league vet min for the skins, augh! ).

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Skins weren't that far behind, AP obviously a big play waiting to happen at any time. I refute the theory where if a team is a little behind they should go away from the run game, esp when you have a player like AP - who I really wanted btw ( 1 yr, league vet min for the skins, augh! ).

But they got put in a ton of holes losing yards, penalties etc. then by the 4th they were forced to throw down by 9 then 12 to 15

They went the whole 2nd half w/o AP. I would have fed AP, esp w/ the QB play and at least to keep our D honest and have to cover.