DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

ok so ONCE-big deal

True... the took Laurance Maroney a while back ... but yeah, I'm ok with not taking a RB with the #1 pick.  I think Michael Haddux was our last 1st round RB.  

But seriously though. ... i'm not following any trend set by any team in this division.   It's been a long time since this division was the best or even close ... shame what a great era those 80s to mid 90s for our division.  

41 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

It's game over now .... the Cowboys weren;t playing to win this game before this quote....LOL     you see why I hate the media.   Non story, just like most things... made into a story... because real life is too boring for their articles.  

on the RB debate Eagles could have a stud in the making with Josh Adams.....76 carries 376 yards 4.9 yards a carry and 2 tds pretty impressive considering he only been our starters for two weeks before that the most carries he seen was vs the Jags with 9 carries 

33 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

on the RB debate Eagles could have a stud in the making with Josh Adams.....76 carries 376 yards 4.9 yards a carry and 2 tds pretty impressive considering he only been our starters for two weeks before that the most carries he seen was vs the Jags with 9 carries 

I love the way the combo of Adams/ Clement looked on monday night.    They are different, which is good.  Both should only get better.   Clement had to be knicked up more than we knew, his explosiveness was missing early.   Adams now that he has experience is doing well.   I know for some people (I won't criticize, just like I didn't when they wore bell bottoms, mostly because I was too young) they want the "name guy"  longing for the days when the RB dominated football when it was a mans game played by slower, smaller, less athletic but  mean defenders.  In today's game of the 21st century, I like the right two or three man combo myself.  

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I love the way the combo of Adams/ Clement looked on monday night.    They are different, which is good.  Both should only get better.   Clement had to be knicked up more than we knew, his explosiveness was missing early.   Adams now that he has experience is doing well.   I know for some people (I won't criticize, just like I didn't when they wore bell bottoms, mostly because I was too young) they want the "name guy"  longing for the days when the RB dominated football when it was a mans game played by slower, smaller, less athletic but  mean defenders.  In today's game of the 21st century, I like the right two or three man combo myself.  

Yeah like Kamara and Ingrahm

Dallas rested up for 10 days.We have a quick turnaround .Should benefit them.Need to score on our first drive(TD preferable)

Nobody knows Kamu yet. He needs to get a little recognition outside us team fans. I think it was a perfect opportunity for him to get himself out there. He has a big job this Sunday. Maybe he can make a play and get the crowd chanting Gru Gru Gru . Or should it just be GGGRRRRUUUU! It feels like a sign that he’s gaining confidence. 

On 12/3/2018 at 10:15 PM, EaglesTD123 said:

I agree Cook. Nice to get the W, but the skins were pretty much dogs on a chain tonight.

BTW, how did your race go? I admire you for going cross country to participate.

Thanks EaglesTD123! Race is this Saturday early morning. I just arrived in Tampa. Started my day at 3 am today. Brutal! Completely wiped so im glad i came today and not tomorrow. Im crazy, but thats kind of obvious.....been a fan of the Eagles my whole life growing up in Idaho. All of my friends liked either the Donkeys (broncos), Seachickens (seahawks), niners, or raiders. I picked the Eagles when Wilbert Montgomery ran all over the hated cowpies in the NFC championship. I was 9. Back in those days there was no such thing as sunday ticket so i hardly ever got to watch the Eagles. Now I DEFINITELY have the ticket so i can watch EVERY game, record it, and watch different aspects of it. I LOVE IT! I wish I knew how to get local Philly sports radio to be able to listen to the talking heads talk about them. I used to watch all sports, but now it is NFL football and all i can find on the Eagles.

It seems like the Eagles win in Dallas and Dallas wins at the Linc. Anyone remember exactly if that is true over the past four or five years?

2 hours ago, senhorcook said:

Thanks EaglesTD123! Race is this Saturday early morning. I just arrived in Tampa. Started my day at 3 am today. Brutal! Completely wiped so im glad i came today and not tomorrow. Im crazy, but thats kind of obvious.....been a fan of the Eagles my whole life growing up in Idaho. All of my friends liked either the Donkeys (broncos), Seachickens (seahawks), niners, or raiders. I picked the Eagles when Wilbert Montgomery ran all over the hated cowpies in the NFC championship. I was 9. Back in those days there was no such thing as sunday ticket so i hardly ever got to watch the Eagles. Now I DEFINITELY have the ticket so i can watch EVERY game, record it, and watch different aspects of it. I LOVE IT! I wish I knew how to get local Philly sports radio to be able to listen to the talking heads talk about them. I used to watch all sports, but now it is NFL football and all i can find on the Eagles.

https://94wip.radio.com/

https://975thefanatic.com/

Sen, there are the links to the two stations here locally.  

We need to slow down the cowboy pass rush. Maybe time to try that Agholor jet sweep again. Mix in a few screens and double screens. I liked the rollouts we got back to last week. I’d like to see plenty of these plays early in this ball game.

48 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We need to slow down the cowboy pass rush. Maybe time to try that Agholor jet sweep again. Mix in a few screens and double screens. I liked the rollouts we got back to last week. I’d like to see plenty of these plays early in this ball game.

I'm not in love with screens vs their LBs.  A couple... and limit the RPO ... play regular ball ... pound and go deep.  Make them play the whole field.

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Derrick Henry 4 RUSHING TD's(nah RB's don't matter lol)

Really... Derick Henry is the answer now... Henry?    He's a top RB in the league ... or just had a good night?   Where would you put him as a pro bowler ... just below Zeke or a little above ?    LOL    Hall of fame baby.   Titans SB champs because of the RB that matters Derick Henry!   The difference maker.   LOL

10 hours ago, senhorcook said:

Well, I wish you the best of luck! Fly like an Eagle brother!

If you go on the iTunes Store you can download several podcasts about the Eagles for free.

Gotta have some designed rollouts for Carson, last game Wentz looked like last yr when he extended plays and made teams pay. First time all year Carson looked comfortable running the team. I agree with Joe play old school hard nosed football Carson isn’t Nick Foles. We can’t ONLY use RPO. Sydney Jones could be Big this week if he lines up against Cooper and does a good job. The key to beating the Cowgals is still minimize Elliott’s impact on the game and we win. I expect Bennett to be all over Prescott and my Eagles to bring those Gals back down to earth.

14 hours ago, senhorcook said:

So now I understand why it was so chilly down here in Florida the last few days. Cook brought some Idaho weather along down with him. Well you are in luck for tomorrow Cook. Suppose to be a high of 81 degrees in your area. Good luck

15 hours ago, senhorcook said:

GL Sen.maybe Wrang will come out and cheer you on to victory!!!

11 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Really... Derick Henry is the answer now... Henry?    He's a top RB in the league ... or just had a good night?   Where would you put him as a pro bowler ... just below Zeke or a little above ?    LOL    Hall of fame baby.   Titans SB champs because of the RB that matters Derick Henry!   The difference maker.   LOL

Hey one never knows when a break out occurs.A VERY GOOD night including a 99 yarder.Power back from the 2 works if you have the line to do it. I never said he was the answer,I said RB's still matter despite what you think 

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Hey one never knows when a break out occurs.A VERY GOOD night including a 99 yarder.Power back from the 2 works if you have the line to do it. I never said he was the answer,I said RB's still matter despite what you think 

Oh and the Jags D was tough vs the run until they imploded lol

2 hours ago, trini said:

Gotta have some designed rollouts for Carson, last game Wentz looked like last yr when he extended plays and made teams pay. First time all year Carson looked comfortable running the team. I agree with Joe play old school hard nosed football Carson isn’t Nick Foles. We can’t ONLY use RPO. Sydney Jones could be Big this week if he lines up against Cooper and does a good job. The key to beating the Cowgals is still minimize Elliott’s impact on the game and we win. I expect Bennett to be all over Prescott and my Eagles to bring those Gals back down to earth.

Amen,lets' hope we can do this,our season hinges on this game

Sen,remember to hydrate.You trained in the cold.Although it's eased up a bit now the humidity is still higher down here.Here's hoping the wind is at your back.Go get 'em buddy