DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I think the AFC East could be on the rise in the next couple seasons.... I like what I’ve seen from the two rookie QBs in the division they still need to improve and the Jets and Bills need to add more talent but think they are trending in the right direction 

Yeah fins are actually further along than the rest,but Tannehill they are not thrilled with.IF I was them I would make a play for Foles and draft a QB in the draft as well(although this class seems weak).if Haskins commits to the draft,there is your Fins FUTURE QB

21 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not that I want to have to play Foles twice a year but I still believe NYG would be a great spot for him 

BG93, Pat Shurmur is one of those offensive coordinators that  could design an offense around Nick's skill set.  No, I don't want Nick in the NFC East unless he is with the Eagles. For selfish reasons I would like to see him in Jacksonville, Tampa or Miami so I could watch him play every Sunday. LOL

13 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

BG93, Pat Shurmur is one of those offensive coordinators that  could design an offense around Nick's skill set.  No, I don't want Nick in the NFC East unless he is with the Eagles. For selfish reasons I would like to see him in Jacksonville, Tampa or Miami so I could watch him play every Sunday. LOL

Jaxonville

So the Eagles opted not place Wentz on IR.....

Here is the debate asked it before...We win out make the playoffs do we stay with Foles then or if he is healthy do we go back to Wentz?????

Foles is our QB the rest of the season. Sticking Wentz in - even if he wants in - against Dr's orders is abuse. That's not just for Wentzs' future, but other players see that too. Sometimes have to protect players from themselves - and our medical staff?

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Foles is our QB the rest of the season. Sticking Wentz in - even if he wants in - against Dr's orders is abuse. That's not just for Wentzs' future, but other players see that too. Sometimes have to protect players from themselves - and our medical staff?

Again if Wentz is healthy do we opt to go back to him if we make the playoffs????? No clue what is wrong with Wentz back but they said stress fracture at one point which they say can heal in a couple weeks 

4 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Again if Wentz is healthy do we opt to go back to him if we make the playoffs????? No clue what is wrong with Wentz back but they said stress fracture at one point which they say can heal in a couple weeks 

I saw 3 months. if that's the case he's pretty much out.

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Then why would we not just place him on IR and be done with it.....

Hehe.

You're asking the wrong guy

Just now, ASG15 said:

Hehe.

You're asking the wrong guy

I know just seems weird to me we opted to keep him off IR if we don't think he could return why even leave it up to debate.....Also I am not saying it is even the right move to go back to Wentz even if he is healthy if Foles is the guy who leads us to the playoffs......

Seem weird? It IS weird. Wentz can help out on the sidelines as he's done in the past. Right now he's taking up a roster spot, so there must be more to the story, even if it's just to keep opponents guessing or it's simply not as bad as we've heard. A fracture on a vertebral process is not as bad as one on the body itself - I've seen enough of my own which now wear a titanium plate.

Okay, From what I understand, Wentz's injury will take 3 months to fully heal from the time he stops playing. It will not get any worse if he plays but it will be somewhat painful and restrictive. So even if he played if Foles got hurt, there would still be time for him to heal before the start of next season. I think most of us noticed that something wasn't right with Carson earlier but couldn't put our fingers on what was the problem. When you think back on some previous games and how he was forcing the ball to Ertz it makes some sense now. Last year he could run around in the pocket to buy some time for his wide receivers  to get open further down the field but with his injury that option was not available this year.  If Ertz was open first, he got the ball. When Ajayi tore up his knee and Clement was hurt as well it just magnified the problem because it took awhile for Pederson to gain confidence in the running game. Pederson chose to throw the ball more and Wentz couldn't run around until his receivers could get open down the field. This will probably be the last year that Ertz has a record breaking season like this  and it probably  happened by necessity.

My only thought on this weird situation with Wentz is that....Eagles Wentz, Doug etc. must believe he has a chance to be healthy enough to play if we make the playoffs....Becuase if it was so clear cut he could not return like MJK said why use up the roster spot

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

My only thought on this weird situation with Wentz is that....Eagles Wentz, Doug etc. must believe he has a chance to be healthy enough to play if we make the playoffs....Becuase if it was so clear cut he could not return like MJK said why use up the roster spot

Nick Foles will make another start for the Philadelphia Eagles after leading an upset of the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday night, coach Doug Pederson announced Monday. Carson Wentz remains out with a back injury but will not yet be placed on injured reserve, Pederson said of the Eagles' approach to Week 16 against the Houston Texans.

"It will be Nick," Pederson told the media during his Monday news conference. "Where Carson is health-wise and just another week of rest for Carson will help him. So we made the decision to go forward with Nick. We will not put Carson on IR."

Wentz has a fractured vertebra that might require three months of rest to fully heal.

Foles finished 24 of 31 for 270 yards and an interception as the Eagles put up 30 points in a game for just the second time this season.

"After the Cowboys game, (offensive coordinator) Mike Groh and I got together and kind of wanted to condense the plan a little bit for the guys," Pederson added. "We just kind of wanted to get back to the basics a little bit. We wanted to put together a game plan that would be conducive to anybody (starting). ... As we went through the week, we gave Nick every opportunity to comment on the game plan -- things he did or didn't like -- just like we would with Carson. He felt comfortable with it. Didn't have to change much of anything."

32 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Wrang.....I’ve seen and read all that still doesn’t answer the weird Wentz situation.... If Wentz back injury is going to take 3 month again why not just place him on IR

Well hang on a moment, I will give Pederson a call. I have to look up his cell number as I don't have it memorized yet.

Even if Wentz was injured but healthy enough to play, I'd stick w/ Foles. Unlike some other injuries, fractures can get a lot worse. He wouldn't even have to get hit, just torque the wrong way and his career could be over - no game's worth that risk.

Seriously folks,  the Eagles are keeping their options open for Wentz playing again this year. It is entirely possible that we could see him playing again sometime this  season. 

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I think the AFC East could be on the rise in the next couple seasons.... I like what I’ve seen from the two rookie QBs in the division they still need to improve and the Jets and Bills need to add more talent but think they are trending in the right direction 

It felt like we might have put an end to the Pats regime. Brady really seems like is running out of steam. Gronk is a shell of himself. Jets and Bills will be rising but NE is going down.

5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

PSU losing commitments, wonder how many are due to Franklin sucking as a game day coach.

My Grand daughter goes to USF as a marketing major and has been making custom  Mickey Mouse ears for people with various themes. Someone got on her web site and called her about making some Penn State Mickey Mouse ears for the Citrus Bowl coming up so she is going to try make as many sets as she can until that time and run them over to the  Orlando  Hyatt Regency for them to pick up. I think the whole thing is hysterical that Penn State fans want to where Penn State Mickey Mouse ears. il_340x270.1768871207_ehrg.jpg?version=0

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Similar to Foles he was a game manager

Can’t really agree about this. Foles threw 6 TDs vs the Raiders...remember. And he likes to chuck it deep. He’s not a Captain Checkdown personality. 

So Pedey said part of Foles' success was due to the slimmed down game plan, which would have been slimmed down even if Wentz was still playing. Did Pedey admit they were trying to do too many things instead of fewer things better?