DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

Actually was kinda gearing up for a loss in LA.Great TEAM effort.NOW lets keep that effort alive at HOME and send the Texans packing We have to deal with Watt,they have to deal with Cox.Still feel the game that miffed me the most was the loss at home vs Dullaz.I'm still miffed about that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, senhorcook said:

If the Eagles lose to the Texans, which is most likely, they are done, right?  Oh wait. If the Vikes lose BOTH games and the Eagles beat the Deadskins the following week and hell freezes over, then they have a chance.  Gotta love this time of year wondering which of the average teams is going to make the playoffs and quickly get eliminated.  I know. I know. The 7-9 Seahawks beat the Saints all those years ago.  But again, lost the next week. Only the mediocre Midgets seem to be able to get lucky in the playoffs when they squeeze in.

Wait...wait a minute here! You really believe if we could get in that we couldn’t win a playoff game? Like ahhh...I don’t know....Rams team? C’mon Cook! We have guys getting healthy. Then if we win that who’s to say we don’t sack Brees and he gets injured early in the game? Injuries happen all the time after such a long season. And the Saints are the only team I don’t believe we can beat(and we would need an injury situation). Do the Bears scare you that bad? Yes they have been better than us...but I believe if our two teams played each other ten times we walk away with a few victories at least. The cowboys got us twice but I don’t fear them. I’d welcome that opportunity. What are you scared of Cook? Tell the truth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, senhorcook said:

I know no one really wants to talk about players on other teams, but Luke Kuechly is an OUTSTANDING middle LB.  He plays that position like no other in the league.  Every time I just spend the game watching him, I am amazed.  He doesn't mess up. His instincts and clearly game study are second to none.  The Panthers are lucky to have him. 

Speaking of LBs, the Vikes miss Chad Greenway a lot more than expected.  He was always a very underrated LB in the league.  Never left the field and had great instincts.

The Eagles have Bradham and........uggg at the LB position.

Kuechly is clearly the brain of that defense. It’s not just his ability...you’re correct. He makes everyone better. The Saints have faced him enough they admit that they actively try to trick him specifically. 

 Bobby Wagner is the next guy at LB. He has incredible talent. Tackling machine with great instincts. Maybe better athletics than Luke. But he isn’t the brain of the D like Kuechly. Only thing slowing Luke is the concussions. Shame he’s had so many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Texans are playing great ball. Probably playing as well as anybody in the league. We are deservedly underdogs in this matchup. But I refuse to let negativity bring me down. I’m not waffling! I back the EAGLES! I believe! We can do this. We aren’t out until we are out. Times like this test who you are. What you are about. What choice do you have? For me there is no other. We have to win! We can win! WE WILL WIN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The Texans are playing great ball. Probably playing as well as anybody in the league. We are deservedly underdogs in this matchup. But I refuse to let negativity bring me down. I’m not waffling! I back the EAGLES! I believe! We can do this. We aren’t out until we are out. Times like this test who you are. What you are about. What choice do you have? For me there is no other. We have to win! We can win! WE WILL WIN!

Sign HAM up for locker room pep talks. You convinced me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, senhorcook said:

And the weather for my race was perfect!  They had the shorter Spartan race, the Spartan Sprint, on Sunday morning.  It POURED. I was REALLY glad I didn't have to run 15 miles and do 34 obstacles in that pouring rain.

I don't wanna even drive 15 miles much less run it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

I don't wanna even drive 15 miles much less run it.

Haha!  Well said my friend!  Well said!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cunningham, it's not that the other teams "scare" me. It's that the Eagles have been mediocre to bad ALL season, with the exception of Fletcher Cox.  The QB play has been average, the RB play has been below average, the OLine play has been average, the DB play has been horrific, the LB play has been average, the DLine (besides Sunday night) has been above average but below expectations.  Foles is ok, but he can make some boneheaded throws. WE as Eagle fans have seen them. He was spectacular in the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl game last year.  But vs the Raiders and Falcons, he was average to below average. The defense bailed him out. THIS defense is not going to bail anyone out.  The Saints put up more points than half the guys can count to.  It was bad.  I want to believe, but the Texans come rolling into town with a LOT to play for, a hot QB and the best WR in the game vs a defensive backfield that is suspect at best. 

The Cowpies don't scare anyone but they beat the Eagles TWICE this year WITH Wentz. The Bears?  The Eagles would need Trubinsky to screw it up like Goff did on Sunday night. Who knows. I have been disappointed in this year's team.  Glad to see them step up and play hard against the Rams.  Let's see how the Texans game goes. I love the Eagles. I'm just trying to be realistic about their ability this year. It has been FRUSTRATING....Panthers, Titans, Cowpies games in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That being said, I'd like to see the Eagles get Agholor more involved in the passing game this week.  Give him some opportunities. You've been asking him to do the dirty work all year with very few touches.  Don't have to feature him; just get him involved.  Keep feeding Jeffery unless the Texans take him away....which then opens things up for Tate and Ertz.  Get Goedert involved and keep the chains MOVING.  I think the Eagles will have to score at least 30 to beat the Texans too.  And running the ball SUCCESSFULLY was nice to see. We need Adams to understand the situation if they are going to run him on 4th and 1.  No dancing on 4th and 1 dude.

I like Bradham. I think his play has fallen off a little bit, but I think he was the MVP of the defense last year.  Somebody here said Jenkins was losing it. I totally disagree. Jenkins is playing great football.  If not for him, the defense would be in serious trouble.  Maddox has been a welcome addition. I like LeBlanc. I think he plays sound football. He's not perfect and he makes mistakes, but his effort is definitely there.

And hats off to Wiz.  He played outstanding subbing in this past week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wait...wait a minute here! You really believe if we could get in that we couldn’t win a playoff game? Like ahhh...I don’t know....Rams team? C’mon Cook! We have guys getting healthy. Then if we win that who’s to say we don’t sack Brees and he gets injured early in the game? Injuries happen all the time after such a long season. And the Saints are the only team I don’t believe we can beat(and we would need an injury situation). Do the Bears scare you that bad? Yes they have been better than us...but I believe if our two teams played each other ten times we walk away with a few victories at least. The cowboys got us twice but I don’t fear them. I’d welcome that opportunity. What are you scared of Cook? Tell the truth!

We just need to get IN first.Once there with a healthy team,we can compete with anyone

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The Texans are playing great ball. Probably playing as well as anybody in the league. We are deservedly underdogs in this matchup. But I refuse to let negativity bring me down. I’m not waffling! I back the EAGLES! I believe! We can do this. We aren’t out until we are out. Times like this test who you are. What you are about. What choice do you have? For me there is no other. We have to win! We can win! WE WILL WIN!

We were HUGE underdogs going to LA lol.hey "on any sunday....."

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Sign HAM up for locker room pep talks. You convinced me!

I second that(e) motion lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Cunningham, it's not that the other teams "scare" me. It's that the Eagles have been mediocre to bad ALL season, with the exception of Fletcher Cox.  The QB play has been average, the RB play has been below average, the OLine play has been average, the DB play has been horrific, the LB play has been average, the DLine (besides Sunday night) has been above average but below expectations.  Foles is ok, but he can make some boneheaded throws. WE as Eagle fans have seen them. He was spectacular in the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl game last year.  But vs the Raiders and Falcons, he was average to below average. The defense bailed him out. THIS defense is not going to bail anyone out.  The Saints put up more points than half the guys can count to.  It was bad.  I want to believe, but the Texans come rolling into town with a LOT to play for, a hot QB and the best WR in the game vs a defensive backfield that is suspect at best. 

The Cowpies don't scare anyone but they beat the Eagles TWICE this year WITH Wentz. The Bears?  The Eagles would need Trubinsky to screw it up like Goff did on Sunday night. Who knows. I have been disappointed in this year's team.  Glad to see them step up and play hard against the Rams.  Let's see how the Texans game goes. I love the Eagles. I'm just trying to be realistic about their ability this year. It has been FRUSTRATING....Panthers, Titans, Cowpies games in particular.

Wentz not right,maybe St.Nick can repeat what he did last year.Who knows.We keep Nick in there,get a coupla guys back and lets see what happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Cunningham, it's not that the other teams "scare" me. It's that the Eagles have been mediocre to bad ALL season, with the exception of Fletcher Cox.  The QB play has been average, the RB play has been below average, the OLine play has been average, the DB play has been horrific, the LB play has been average, the DLine (besides Sunday night) has been above average but below expectations.  Foles is ok, but he can make some boneheaded throws. WE as Eagle fans have seen them. He was spectacular in the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl game last year.  But vs the Raiders and Falcons, he was average to below average. The defense bailed him out. THIS defense is not going to bail anyone out.  The Saints put up more points than half the guys can count to.  It was bad.  I want to believe, but the Texans come rolling into town with a LOT to play for, a hot QB and the best WR in the game vs a defensive backfield that is suspect at best. 

The Cowpies don't scare anyone but they beat the Eagles TWICE this year WITH Wentz. The Bears?  The Eagles would need Trubinsky to screw it up like Goff did on Sunday night. Who knows. I have been disappointed in this year's team.  Glad to see them step up and play hard against the Rams.  Let's see how the Texans game goes. I love the Eagles. I'm just trying to be realistic about their ability this year. It has been FRUSTRATING....Panthers, Titans, Cowpies games in particular.

Well dang man.I know it's "next guy up" but secondary startes are starters for a reason. We just gotta keep clawing,fighting and outscoring the other team(and DANG YOU ELLIIOT,KICK the dang FG's when asked to!!!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

That being said, I'd like to see the Eagles get Agholor more involved in the passing game this week.  Give him some opportunities. You've been asking him to do the dirty work all year with very few touches.  Don't have to feature him; just get him involved.  Keep feeding Jeffery unless the Texans take him away....which then opens things up for Tate and Ertz.  Get Goedert involved and keep the chains MOVING.  I think the Eagles will have to score at least 30 to beat the Texans too.  And running the ball SUCCESSFULLY was nice to see. We need Adams to understand the situation if they are going to run him on 4th and 1.  No dancing on 4th and 1 dude.

I like Bradham. I think his play has fallen off a little bit, but I think he was the MVP of the defense last year.  Somebody here said Jenkins was losing it. I totally disagree. Jenkins is playing great football.  If not for him, the defense would be in serious trouble.  Maddox has been a welcome addition. I like LeBlanc. I think he plays sound football. He's not perfect and he makes mistakes, but his effort is definitely there.

And hats off to Wiz.  He played outstanding subbing in this past week.

Depends on who they put on who as to to WHO gets open the most.You can't say hit AG if they got their best guy on him.So Foles will figger out the weak spot and exploit it,like he did with the rams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, senhorcook said:

C'mon. I was at that game. Foles played the whole game. The Eagles killed the Raiders. At some point throwing another TD pass is bad sportsmanship don't you think?  And Foles was throwing almost until the very end of that game.  It was  a fun game to be in attendance for sure. Especially against the Raiders.....known for a bad fan base.  The only place I have been treated worse was in Seattle. 

My normal view point would be yes throwing to score just to score is bad sportsmanship it at the same time I’m all for guys being able to break records if a chance there....Foles had that chance and no he doesn’t care you ask Foles he just wants the win....View the same thing with Ertz this year I want him to break wittens catch record and would feel terrible for him if he falls one shy if we are up big against the skins and just don’t throw anymore because of it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 4:16 PM, mjkline1958 said:

Another reason I'd ride Foles - he actually throws a deep ball, even while getting hit. Wentz seemed to be full of indecision this yr, holding onto the ball and settling on short throws when he did get it out. Even then it was to his select few when he has a lot more weapons around. Some of that may be Pedey and the RB's.

Have this gut feeling if we make the playoffs Wentz will be our starter in the game ...For the record not saying it is the right move just have a feeling that is how it will play out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 4:10 PM, mjkline1958 said:

So Pedey said part of Foles' success was due to the slimmed down game plan, which would have been slimmed down even if Wentz was still playing. Did Pedey admit they were trying to do too many things instead of fewer things better?

I do think they were doing to much and putting to much on Wentz....Also felt like we tried to hard to force plays to Golden Tate when we first got him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Texans tough up the gut. Ped will have to use the RB's on swing passes more this week 

Adams is much more effective off tackle. I fail to see why Doug keeps trying to run him up the middle.

Sproles as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well senhor, I congratulated you on your race, and then this am you were on here typing away. Now I understand - you were too sore to get off the couch! Kidding as I just had my 1st dry needling, feel like a bunch of gangbangers beat my calves w/ baseball bats. At least I'm noticing the plantar fasciitis so guess it's working. It's either that or the vodka.

They try to run up the middle because Kelce and Brooks are so good at getting upfield, to the point where they should draw more penalties than they do. You guys all know I'm not exactly in love w/ the O play calling. When the D is lining 8 in the box, maybe you should look elsewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Cam  the newt thing is interesting - must have the same docs. Never liked Cam, may be a good place for Nick. Id I had my druthers, I'd try my best to keep Nick. I like him as a person and a player. I also like Wentz. If we put the 2 of them together we'd have the perfect QB!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't watched Houston at all this season that I remember. We here on the board will prolly come up w/ the perfect game plan. Asked a week ago and wouldn't have said this, but w/ Nick I believe we can win out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just when I was thinking it was time to start evaluating some of the deep roster players, we go ahead and beat the Rams! No evaluating Maddox - def a keeper. Sproles back and now I want him for another yr if he's reasonable as I think w/ this yrs' injury he's still hungry. Not in the office so don't know if Ajayi has another yr, but we need a power back, 2 if possible. They're both reasons we finally came alive, not just Nick. Foles deserves a starting job and will have to decide what he wants to do. He's cut from a different cloth. I believe he cares more about he and his family lives more than money and position. He just may decide to stay if treated right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The Texans are playing great ball. Probably playing as well as anybody in the league. We are deservedly underdogs in this matchup. But I refuse to let negativity bring me down. I’m not waffling! I back the EAGLES! I believe! We can do this. We aren’t out until we are out. Times like this test who you are. What you are about. What choice do you have? For me there is no other. We have to win! We can win! WE WILL WIN!

I am all in with you brother. 

Texans are a warm weather team. Hope Philly is cold this weekend.  I was pleased on how the OLine handled Aaron Donald and a Rams DLine. Wiz looked like he came to play. Gonna need all that this week from both Lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now