DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I came out of the test tube in '58 and by the tale end of the 60's was trying all the new stuff. Played around w/ it to a somewhat dangerous point, but there comes a time where one has to start taking responsibility for themselves. Took a job in another city, didn't tell anyone as I didn't want any of that following me - simply disappeared. Today I had dry needling done in both legs - feels like ganbangers got me with baseball bats! I won't take pills, a bit of vodka but at 60 yrs old, that's not illegal. Not everyone can get out of "the life" or their addictions - it's freakin hard and you have to make hard choices! Hope he gets the help he needs, surrounds himself ONLY with people who care about him and works hard

OK, I sit corrected - didn't know it was just weed. I live in MA - we have recreational weed stores now and you can carry up to an oz. Only prob is 1/4 z can cost $90. Seeds - those damn things we got rid of ( I used to toss mine in the courthouse gardens ) are up to $20 a pop and you have to buy 10! I wanted to try a specific kind I researched for sleep

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

OK, I sit corrected - didn't know it was just weed. I live in MA - we have recreational weed stores now and you can carry up to an oz. Only prob is 1/4 z can cost $90. Seeds - those damn things we got rid of ( I used to toss mine in the courthouse gardens ) are up to $20 a pop and you have to buy 10! I wanted to try a specific kind I researched for sleep

As long as it's a federal crime I suspect it will be banned by the NFL

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Josh Gordon. Do I have to say anymore?

Pity the talent waste of some of these kids.Some are like 1) get that huge paycheck 2) Party like there is no tomorrow 3) destroy your career and future 4) give a fake apology  (see Manziel here) then blame "mental health" issues.I must be a dinosaur because if i was young to day  would probably have 127 "syndromes".Alot ofthose syndromes can be relieved by having ONE quality. personal responsiblility  

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Pity the talent waste of some of these kids.Some are like 1) get that huge paycheck 2) Party like there is no tomorrow 3) destroy your career and future 4) give a fake apology  (see Manziel here) then blame "mental health" issues.I must be a dinosaur because if i was young to day  would probably have 127 "syndromes".Alot ofthose syndromes can be relieved by having ONE quality. personal responsiblility  

Sometimes your journey calls for you to walk alone for a period of time. One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in this life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder because your life is the sum of your choices.

Would not have a hard time understanding the NFL's prob w/ weed, not everyone's as progressive as we are. Then again you can legally marry your sis at 16. in Tennessee Up here we consider that illegal and frankly pretty disgusting. Then there's a judge in TX trying to put the kabosh on Obamacare - which I don't want to argue about because most of you don't know the whole story . The problem is w/ Texans - theyr're rated bottom 3 in healthcare in all 50 states 10 yrs running!

Our game's not televised up here - Pats are on, gonna have to play the pirate and fling it to the tv.

Got 3 cards this wk, have us winning on all 3!

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Would not have a hard time understanding the NFL's prob w/ weed, not everyone's as progressive as we are. Then again you can legally marry your sis at 16. in Tennessee Up here we consider that illegal and frankly pretty disgusting. Then there's a judge in TX trying to put the kabosh on Obamacare - which I don't want to argue about because most of you don't know the whole story . The problem is w/ Texans - theyr're rated bottom 3 in healthcare in all 50 states 10 yrs running!

Whether we are progressive or not mjk, the government has made a mess of these laws with weed. I have no problem with letting individual states decide if they want to legalize it or not but then the federal gov should bow out and take the federal law off their books and let the states handle it. The whole situation is weird. I was one of those who was against the legalization of weed but I changed my mind. A person who views the World at age 65 the same way they viewed it at age 25 has wasted 40 years of his life. LOL  We are all changing our views on everything constantly. That is normal behavior.

Once upon a time, we voted peeps in to represent our interests. Nowadays we vote them in and they do whatever the money ( businesses ) tell them to do - from the pres on down. Sooner or later it will catch up, simply vote against it - preferable before the ice caps melt.

Until then I'll continue to root for my Eagles and vote against the bs, and other things I prolly shouldn't mention

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Once upon a time, we voted peeps in to represent our interests. Nowadays we vote them in and they do whatever the money ( businesses ) tell them to do - from the pres on down. Sooner or later it will catch up, simply vote against it - preferable before the ice caps melt.

Until then I'll continue to root for my Eagles and vote against the bs, and other things I prolly shouldn't mention

You will not hurt my feelings with anything political although I try to keep my political opinions at a minimum. Ever since the players began kneeling for political reasons I figured politics was now brought into the equation of my sports.  Now that you brought up that years ago we voted in politicans to represent our interests, I have to ask the question. Which is more important? Voting in an individual who is best for representing my interests or for representing the countries interests? They could be two entirely different candidates. Where is your priority? Which comes first? Your country or yourself?

Personally I believe the UFO's are here, they just don't want to bother w/ us cause we're so screwed up! Think I'll make that a sig.

The whole thing is they were NOT kneeling for political reasons - that was yet another trumpy lie! It was invented by a Navy Seal friend of Kaps', not even by Kap! It was meant to draw attn to inequality. trumpy is such a manueverer that even people like you forget what it was all about! AUGGHHHHHHH! Peeps are sheep!

Besides all that, been doing some reading. Bovada has us up by only 1.5 - and that's a home game! OK, they have JJ Wat - we have Cox! They have a weak pass game into our weak pass D. I consider the pass rush part of the pass D - you can't throw from your butt! If their QB is the most hit QB in the league, and we're the best at hitting them - well who do you think wins that area of the game? W/ Nick, Pedey is actually doing what we on the boards have been begging him to do - running the ball! Reality - what a concept! - Robin Williams, may he rest in peace. The cherry on top is their passing game is rather suspect and that just so happens to be our weakest point, although right now I believe our pass D is sneakily a little better than what it was - after 13 different secondary guys - ouch! Just contain their running game.

There's a lot more to the win over the Rams than Nick Foles, I believe it continues - GO EAGLES!

13 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

The whole thing is they were NOT kneeling for political reasons - that was yet another trumpy lie! It was invented by a Navy Seal friend of Kaps', not even by Kap! It was meant to draw attn to inequality. trumpy is such a manueverer that even people like you forget what it was all about! AUGGHHHHHHH! Peeps are sheep!

Lets talk about inequality for a moment. Is Kaepernick worried about black inequality or human being inequality? The reason I ask is because he just signed a multi million dollar contract with NIKE. NIKE"s international workforce is made up of 80 percent women.  The average wage for these women is 150.00 dollars a month. The women in Viet Nam that work for NIKE make 34.00 a week for an 88 hour work week and NIKE sells the sneakers they make for 140.00 a pair. Now once again I ask. Is Kaepernick only worried about black inequality or is he worried about human inequality in general? If he is worried about everyone's equality then he is a hypocrite for signing with NIKE for millions while they pay their laborers peanuts. I personally don't own one item that is made by NIKE because I AM concerned with people's human rights. 

You have a very valid point Wrang, and I agree which I'll get to. The fact is, the whole "kneeling is anti American" thing was a bunch of bs dreamed up by a 5 time draft dodger.

As for the Nike deal, it's part of something even worse than trumpy - it's greed, which is basically undermining humankind and destroying the Earth. But hey - go eagles, heh?

8 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

You have a very valid point Wrang, and I agree which I'll get to. The fact is, the whole "kneeling is anti American" thing was a bunch of bs dreamed up by a 5 time draft dodger.

As for the Nike deal, it's part of something even worse than trumpy - it's greed, which is basically undermining humankind and destroying the Earth. But hey - go eagles, heh?

One of the most important trips a person takes is to meet the other person half way. It is much easier to have sympathy with suffering than it is to have sympathy with thought! Think about it!

On 12/19/2018 at 12:51 PM, senhorcook said:

Ahhh. So you see it as the Eagles releasing Wentz if the health is "iffy"?  I don't think that will happen, but you make a valid point.  The rest of the team plays better when Foles is in, even though Wentz is the better QB with more "upside."

YES... this is the $100000000 question!    Is it the fact that the players realize, "oh crap Carson isn't here to save us and Nick isn't as good, so we all better do our own individual jobs better? "         Is it Doug, " I don't have Carson here to bail me out and so I can't call 231 pass plays in a game"

What's the issue.  Because its obvious ... when both players were at their best Wentz is better.  When both players are at their worst... Foles is worse.    When the coaching was at its best with game plans, balanced play calling etc.    The Eagles had their best results with Wentz.   More consistency, over a longer period of time.   The team was building and learning around Wentz, yet still achieved those results.  The team already peaked as Foles was taking over.   Even this year, both lines miraculously played their best games.  The OL back in tact with the Sameulo experiment over, the best 5 are back out their, and are probably their healthiest all season as a unit.   Tate has had time to adjust etc.  The young RBs have had seasoning, same can be said with Goeddert.

Wentz winning with the results of ZERO TDS and the one INT basically allowing the Rams back in the game.   ZERO 4th quarter points.   He would not be held to the same high esteem with those results that Foles was.   Especially given the fact of he great field position Foles was given all game long.

Yet... my hope.  Both the coach and Wentz learn from this.  Because to me, there is a problem when things even have the perception of being better with a lesser talented player leading your team.  That means something is off with either the better player (QB), the coaching, or the other players surrounding the QB ... either way.  This needs to be fixed.  I believe by ALL involved.     Wentz, WTF am I doing wrong.  Doug ... WTF and I doing wrong when Wentz is in there ... and the other players WTF am I doing wrong that I can't do better with Wentz than Foles.

My ideas, I still belive you can't short cut the work.  Starting from day 1 in April.   We saw 3 years of Wentz so far.   1 year when he started from day 1 as the healthy starter who got reps with his guys from day 1 in April.   I like those results.  That's the best Eagles football from an offensive standpoint that I have seen in my life time.  Without gimmicks of the running QB with Randall/McNabb/Vick.  I'm talking all of: fundamentally, effeciency, unpredictablility, results and entertainment value.  By far the best offense from the Eagles in my lifetime.   When this season is over... the analysis needs to be made, what went right in 2017 and what went wrong in 2018.  From the start of the offseason, to game plans, to play calls, the pre snap reads, to post snap decisions, tempo and execution.... as well as personell.  EVERYTHING.   Be honest about it.  Go fix it.  Go take some time off, and then come back ready to go starting day 1 of the new season.  

12 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Is not "inequality" a political issue if you go public with it?????? I don't believe in inequality on racial lines (although womens pay still has a ways to go for the SAME job-and agree their pay should be the same regardless).Most inequality issues are due to the environment you grew up in.Kids with "disappearing dads"(if they even know who their father IS). Black on black killing/gangs due to no parental guidance etc..Some people just should NOT have kids at all and frankly DONT have them if YOU cant support them.Some folks have 12 kids on welfare-WHY??? The inequallity is because as I said before you have no PERSONAL responsibility and EXPECT everyone else and taxpayers to foot the bill for your stupidity.Kaep could spout his BS anywhere,but because of his "fame"(inequality I would like to have) and fortune(again I feel unequal to his PAYCHECK) made the PERSONAL choice to bring it into sports.And because that was HIS CHOOSING I feel no remorse for him.Choosing to kneel  during what some consider sacred(anthem) was a total show of disrespect and pouring INEQUALITY on others who wish to salute the flag and love the anthem.So no its was NOT a TRUMP lie because it was indeed a political move

12 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Lets talk about inequality for a moment. Is Kaepernick worried about black inequality or human being inequality? The reason I ask is because he just signed a multi million dollar contract with NIKE. NIKE"s international workforce is made up of 80 percent women.  The average wage for these women is 150.00 dollars a month. The women in Viet Nam that work for NIKE make 34.00 a week for an 88 hour work week and NIKE sells the sneakers they make for 140.00 a pair. Now once again I ask. Is Kaepernick only worried about black inequality or is he worried about human inequality in general? If he is worried about everyone's equality then he is a hypocrite for signing with NIKE for millions while they pay their laborers peanuts. I personally don't own one item that is made by NIKE because I AM concerned with people's human rights. 

Hypocrasy at it's finest lol

12 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Wrang,just a thought.34.00 a week in Vietnam is BIG PAY.So it's hard for me to compare cultural differences vs pay.Just remember back in the USA when auto workers were making 26 cents an HOUR and that was a GOOD job.So it's all relative.Was in Haitti once.Give someone a dollar bill and they are your slave for the day(that is a weeks pay there).I try to buy American but really there is little made here anymore.Just saying there are different cultures and societies and its hard to compare them with the richest nation on earth 

12 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Stop blaming Trump for everything,this BS started DECADES ago and Obummer was a puss on SO many levels.Didn't he call out WHITE cops for "acting stupidly" then calling a black moron" if I had a son..." please he was more racist than any other pres EVER(so was the MOOCH).If you're going to have principles those have no political affiliation.We suffered through 8 years of your bozo and lived and you will live through the Trump presidency as well(which may not last long now lol)

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

YES... this is the $100000000 question!    Is it the fact that the players realize, "oh crap Carson isn't here to save us and Nick isn't as good, so we all better do our own individual jobs better? "         Is it Doug, " I don't have Carson here to bail me out and so I can't call 231 pass plays in a game"

What's the issue.  Because its obvious ... when both players were at their best Wentz is better.  When both players are at their worst... Foles is worse.    When the coaching was at its best with game plans, balanced play calling etc.    The Eagles had their best results with Wentz.   More consistency, over a longer period of time.   The team was building and learning around Wentz, yet still achieved those results.  The team already peaked as Foles was taking over.   Even this year, both lines miraculously played their best games.  The OL back in tact with the Sameulo experiment over, the best 5 are back out their, and are probably their healthiest all season as a unit.   Tate has had time to adjust etc.  The young RBs have had seasoning, same can be said with Goeddert.

Wentz winning with the results of ZERO TDS and the one INT basically allowing the Rams back in the game.   ZERO 4th quarter points.   He would not be held to the same high esteem with those results that Foles was.   Especially given the fact of he great field position Foles was given all game long.

Yet... my hope.  Both the coach and Wentz learn from this.  Because to me, there is a problem when things even have the perception of being better with a lesser talented player leading your team.  That means something is off with either the better player (QB), the coaching, or the other players surrounding the QB ... either way.  This needs to be fixed.  I believe by ALL involved.     Wentz, WTF am I doing wrong.  Doug ... WTF and I doing wrong when Wentz is in there ... and the other players WTF am I doing wrong that I can't do better with Wentz than Foles.

My ideas, I still belive you can't short cut the work.  Starting from day 1 in April.   We saw 3 years of Wentz so far.   1 year when he started from day 1 as the healthy starter who got reps with his guys from day 1 in April.   I like those results.  That's the best Eagles football from an offensive standpoint that I have seen in my life time.  Without gimmicks of the running QB with Randall/McNabb/Vick.  I'm talking all of: fundamentally, effeciency, unpredictablility, results and entertainment value.  By far the best offense from the Eagles in my lifetime.   When this season is over... the analysis needs to be made, what went right in 2017 and what went wrong in 2018.  From the start of the offseason, to game plans, to play calls, the pre snap reads, to post snap decisions, tempo and execution.... as well as personell.  EVERYTHING.   Be honest about it.  Go fix it.  Go take some time off, and then come back ready to go starting day 1 of the new season.  

I nominate this as post of the year-well said!!

Re:One last Kaep question. Would he have done the exact same thing on his OWN personal time,if he had to pay for the TV coverage himself???? I think NOT!!!

DGB arrested in Springfield Mo. with a pound of pot in his backpack.

A real waste of talent.