DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Heard a few talking heads say we'll be dangerous if we make it.

This Eagles team has started to heat up never want to play a ram when they are hot makes for a tough game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

errick Gunn‏Verified account @RealDGunnNBCS

You want to know what mental toughness is?? Early in 3rd quarter Cre’von LeBlanc broke a finger on his right hand.. it was at a 90 degree angle. Bone sticking thru the skin. They popped it back in place. Taped it up. He played the rest of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
It will be very interesting to see what Doug Pederson says about the QB position tomorrow. Has called Wentz week-to-week. Said he got "positive” info recently on Wentz’s back. #Eagles are leaving the door open.

Oops not sure how to post it correctly but was a tweet for Elliot Shorr-Parks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a report that Carson wanted to play thru the back injury and the Eagles doctors and Coaches shut it down. Da Bears got to beat the Vikes cause we’re gonna toast the Deadskins. Chicago has to get it done for us to get in the playoffs, it is gonna come down to the Bears winning that game. How many thought after these two games against the Rams and Texans we would be 2-0. Foles has brought that magic again. I’ll say this if the Bears get us in the playoffs by beating the Vikes... my Birds are going all the way back to the Super Bowl... book it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trini said:

There was a report that Carson wanted to play thru the back injury and the Eagles doctors and Coaches shut it down. Da Bears got to beat the Vikes cause we’re gonna toast the Deadskins. Chicago has to get it done for us to get in the playoffs, it is gonna come down to the Bears winning that game. How many thought after these two games against the Rams and Texans we would be 2-0. Foles has brought that magic again. I’ll say this if the Bears get us in the playoffs by beating the Vikes... my Birds are going all the way back to the Super Bowl... book it.

Wish they woulda shut it down SOONER lol

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Eagles skins got moved to 4:25 next week play the same time as the bears Rams.... lot of playoff implications will be decided seeding who is in/out should be fun 

Well that sucks I wanted to watch BOTH games lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:
 
 
 
 
 
It will be very interesting to see what Doug Pederson says about the QB position tomorrow. Has called Wentz week-to-week. Said he got "positive” info recently on Wentz’s back. #Eagles are leaving the door open.

Oops not sure how to post it correctly but was a tweet for Elliot Shorr-Parks 

Foles beat TWO tops teams(as he did last year) I say leave Foles in the rest of the way,the team plays better with him in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp lost by 3 points in fantasy,Needed 60 got 57.Was hoping for a solid last drive from Mahomes to take me home,but never happened.3 INC's in a row,then they kicked the FG with a muffed onside kick after that.oh well,at least made him SWEAT ALOT lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to think that Foles and Wentz were sort of cut from the same mold. They do have some similarities in stature with their height and weight and their religious beliefs but I see Wentz as more of a type "A" personality then I do Foles. Of course you don't have to have a type "A" personality to want to start in this league. Nick has been through it all and has come out the other side. From when he was drafted. The Eagles and Doug Pederson were the only ones interested in his services,  to success in his first years with the Eagles that culminated in the 7 TD experience against Oakland, and a playing in a playoff game. Then came the Chip Kelly rejection and trade where he was no longer interested in having him on the team, to the Jeff Fisher experience that almost cost Nick his career. Then Andy Reid came to his rescue and Nick became rejuvenated again winning the two games he started for the Chiefs in relief.  And of course he is now back where he belonged all along and wanted to be.  It is not hard for me to understand why Nick is so calm in the huddle. He has been through so much more of life's experiences good and bad then Carson has been through at this stage of his life. Hopefully Carson is trying to learn from Nick. I would not want to take anything away from Carson's play on the field as he is a great competitor however he could still learn some things going forward from Nick's demeanor. At some point in time Nick is going to have to move on for Carson to take off. It is hard to grow and look forward when you are constantly looking backward at a Super Bowl MVP that you are competing against everyday whether it is imagined or not. I have come to the conclusion that in order for Carson to grow in the QB position, Nick is going to have to leave but I will root for Nick where ever he ends up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team plays better all around when Nick's in. Coaching is better, Pedey is better, play calling's better and the players rally. Right now I don't know if Carson will ever get back to throwing down field or playing safe with the quick outs and throws to Ertz - a shell of what he used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

The team plays better all around when Nick's in. Coaching is better, Pedey is better, play calling's better and the players rally. Right now I don't know if Carson will ever get back to throwing down field or playing safe with the quick outs and throws to Ertz - a shell of what he used to be.

Well lets's see what happens with the back thing.if he knew it was bothering him he should have taken himself out for the sake of the team,OR he told Ped and he left him in anyway.Is this Phillygate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Questions we'll prolly never get the answers to. He's had back problems since college, has to come into play before making these decisions.

Need a few things at the store, have to go fight the hoards, back later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

I used to think that Foles and Wentz were sort of cut from the same mold. They do have some similarities in stature with their height and weight and their religious beliefs but I see Wentz as more of a type "A" personality then I do Foles. Of course you don't have to have a type "A" personality to want to start in this league. Nick has been through it all and has come out the other side. From when he was drafted. The Eagles and Doug Pederson were the only ones interested in his services,  to success in his first years with the Eagles that culminated in the 7 TD experience against Oakland, and a playing in a playoff game. Then came the Chip Kelly rejection and trade where he was no longer interested in having him on the team, to the Jeff Fisher experience that almost cost Nick his career. Then Andy Reid came to his rescue and Nick became rejuvenated again winning the two games he started for the Chiefs in relief.  And of course he is now back where he belonged all along and wanted to be.  It is not hard for me to understand why Nick is so calm in the huddle. He has been through so much more of life's experiences good and bad then Carson has been through at this stage of his life. Hopefully Carson is trying to learn from Nick. I would not want to take anything away from Carson's play on the field as he is a great competitor however he could still learn some things going forward from Nick's demeanor. At some point in time Nick is going to have to move on for Carson to take off. It is hard to grow and look forward when you are constantly looking backward at a Super Bowl MVP that you are competing against everyday whether it is imagined or not. I have come to the conclusion that in order for Carson to grow in the QB position, Nick is going to have to leave but I will root for Nick where ever he ends up. 

Wrang,it's not that Carson has not had chances to prove himself.We started the year with Foles,lots of injuries.What Foles seems to bring that Wentz can't is that "underdog" feeling.The feeling you are backed into a corner and to survive you have to come our swinging.Seems to me most of the team just expected Wentz to do it all(see Aaron Rodgers).With Foles  the team play has PICKED UP because as Joemas pointed out,they understand Foles in not Wentz and have to up their game.Isn't this what a QB's emotional job is? To get the team to play around him?We have STARS on this team that Wentz refused to use(Tate,Alshon,AG).Just using the eye test,this team with Foles at the helm FIGHTS.With Wentz it's like "well win this by yourself".even with the injuries ,to me,it appears the same as last year,when Foles put this team on his back and demanded better play(and play CALLING) So does Ped's play book work more to Foles strengths or Wentz's? It's a tedious combination,but once you find it good things happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Foles beat TWO tops teams(as he did last year) I say leave Foles in the rest of the way,the team plays better with him in

Don’t disagree we should ride with Foles he has the team hot....At the same time got  this gut feeling that we going to turn back to Wentz if we make the playoffs(not saying it is the right me either just a gut feeling)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Don’t disagree we should ride with Foles he has the team hot....At the same time got  this gut feeling that we going to turn back to Wentz if we make the playoffs(not saying it is the right me either just a gut feeling)

Yeah we will,but agree it's the WRONG decision.With Wentz we may never have had a shot at a playoff berth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah we will,but agree it's the WRONG decision.With Wentz we may never have had a shot at a playoff berth

Something we will never know....Just like last year would never know what Wentz would have done if he stayed healthy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Something we will never know....Just like last year would never know what Wentz would have done if he stayed healthy....

Said from the start he "didn't look the same" Now I know why and Ped should have pulled him.best keep Foles around no matter if we have to pay him.I know he wants a starting gig,but doesn't he have one here with Wentz unable to stay on the field?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give it another year,but what I want to seriously avoid is another Bradford,not as far as ability.but a QB who is constantly getting injured.Back injuries are for the most part re-occurring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Said from the start he "didn't look the same" Now I know why and Ped should have pulled him.best keep Foles around no matter if we have to pay him.I know he wants a starting gig,but doesn't he have one here with Wentz unable to stay on the field?

Being the guy from day 1 and being the fill in guy completely different....Would love to see Foles stay but believe he will get a great opportunity elsewhere to be the #1 guy....Jags/Titans/TB/Miami/DC/NYG(if Eli retires)/Cincy(time to give up on Dalton and the Marvin Lewis experiement) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Being the guy from day 1 and being the fill in guy completely different....Would love to see Foles stay but believe he will get a great opportunity elsewhere to be the #1 guy....Jags/Titans/TB/Miami/DC/NYG(if Eli retires)/Cincy(time to give up on Dalton and the Marvin Lewis experiement) 

Yo wasn't Foles our starter once????

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Also great part for Foles as well it isn’t like when he got traded to the Rams under chipper....We would let him be a FA so he could choose where he wants to play

Maybe he wants to play here? Tell me IF he guides us to another SB that wont happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now