DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Really?    All things being equal is there a doubt who is better?    

Depends in my view,the TEAM,so far plays better with Foles,but really we need to see Wentz with a healthy line to really make that call

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Depends in my view,the TEAM,so far plays better with Foles,but really we need to see Wentz with a healthy line to really make that call

Be nice too to see Wentz last an entire season 🙂

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Wrang good stuff.   former Temple head coach too.    York PA ... home of Fat Daddy's and Bob Hoffman stadium.  

LOL My old home town! 

6 hours ago, senhorcook said:

The way games are officiated in the playoffs, which I really, really like by the way, makes it interesting for the Eagles defense. It will slow up the pass rush because the Oline knows they can hold more and it will help the DBs because USUALLY (fingers crossed) they let the DBs play and dont call the penalties on the back end unless they are just obvious.

Not good for us. We have the strong front seven that they will be holding. And they will be crying for pass interference on every incompletion.

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Be nice too to see Wentz last an entire season 🙂

It would be nice to see everyone on the team last an entire season. I read somewhere that the Eagles lead the league in injuries this year. Its like the chicken and the egg. Are these guys injury prone or is the training program flawed. It would be hard to argue otherwise IMO

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not good for us. We have the strong front seven that they will be holding. And they will be crying for pass interference on every incompletion.

So if you are Schwartz and know going into the game that the opposing Offensive line is going to get away with holding all game like last years Super Bowl, why not blitz and send more players than the offensive line can hold? Maybe you won't end up with 500 yards passing against you like the Super Bowl.

Fun fact - knew JP played TE at Arkansas, but did you know he played basketball too? I'm not getting in his way coming down court!

http://www.philly.com/eagles/jason-peters-eagles-offensive-line-hall-of-fame-20190109.html?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah... healthy OL , RBs  ... time for secondary to gel ..... facing easier defenses ....  bounces of Razul Douglas arm going our way like the goal post in Chicago, injured players having time to get back into it .... the defense turning the ball over at the same rate... the coach calling a more balanced game .... yeah, ALL things being equal.   ALL things.    Would be nice to see Wentz play a full season ... AGAIN... would be nice to see Foles do it once.   $12 mil over the cap now with Foles making $18 mil next year.... not sure I want to go $19mil over the cap after we have to franchise tag Foles for $25 mil.  
I'm not giving up on a kid that was the MVP of the league at age 24, because of a few games where circumstances were in another guy's favor, without even getting into the fact that he had no offseason work and was coming off a serious knee injury.  A kid whose strongest attributes are supposed to be his intelligence and work ethic.  
Like a said a few weeks ago ... the organization needs to figure out why they feel the need to step up for #9 instead of playing and coaching their best all the time.  It's not like one guy is likable and the other isn't... do your job ALL THE TIME.  

I appreciate Nick Foles bringing us a Super Bowl finally! I absolutley appreciate him getting us in the playoffs this year. He is appreciated here. I’d be more than happy to make him the highest paid backup next year to stay here. If he so chooses. If he wants to leave to become the starter I will wish him well. No hard feelings.

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Officiating has been awful lol. Not so much the calls,but the NON calls.Need 1 extra challenge per half and change the rule you can challenge a NON call

We don't need to make the games longer like college football.  Just make full time officials and only call OBVIOUS penalties.  The DBs that get called for touching the guy drives me crazy!  Make the WR work a little and EARN it.  If the DB is obviously holding, call it!  If they are both fighting for the ball and he bumps the WR, there should NOT be a penalty. 

Wow. The talking heads are giving the Eagles no chance to beat the Saints in NO.  Some are even saying that they see a repeat of 48-7.  Wow.  I don't think the Eagles match up well vs the Aints and if Brees has one of his games where his accuracy is like it usually is, the Eagles may well be in trouble.

37 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

We don't need to make the games longer like college football.  Just make full time officials and only call OBVIOUS penalties.  The DBs that get called for touching the guy drives me crazy!  Make the WR work a little and EARN it.  If the DB is obviously holding, call it!  If they are both fighting for the ball and he bumps the WR, there should NOT be a penalty. 

LOL we now HAVE "professional" refs...and it's worse than ever

Can't disagree GBFL.  There has been some really eyebrow raising calls this season.

39 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Wow. The talking heads are giving the Eagles no chance to beat the Saints in NO.  Some are even saying that they see a repeat of 48-7.  Wow.  I don't think the Eagles match up well vs the Aints and if Brees has one of his games where his accuracy is like it usually is, the Eagles may well be in trouble.

Yeah, but you put a rabid dog in a corner vs anything and I'll bet on the dog HAHA.We embrace the underdog title.48-7 no,different team than back then.My hope is we are still climbing towards "peaking" and the Saints peaked last week lol.hey it's a shot in the dark,but it's still a shot.Let's rock the dome

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah, but you put a rabid dog in a corner vs anything and I'll bet on the dog HAHA.We embrace the underdog title.48-7 no,different team than back then.My hope is we are still climbing towards "peaking" and the Saints peaked last week lol.hey it's a shot in the dark,but it's still a shot.Let's rock the dome

BTW even Sean said he is "preparing for a different team"

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

last GAME I should say.They got a weeks rest,at times that CAN work against you

6 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Can't disagree GBFL.  There has been some really eyebrow raising calls this season.

Really,I call them SMH moments.Have seens plays/penalties even I can see and the official is right there and calls nothing-awful

5 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

So if you are Schwartz and know going into the game that the opposing Offensive line is going to get away with holding all game like last years Super Bowl, why not blitz and send more players than the offensive line can hold? Maybe you won't end up with 500 yards passing against you like the Super Bowl.

Yeah like to see some extra blitz packages if Ped feels we can handle the coverage.Think we can stuff Ingrahm,its Kamara that worries me,but this time around we have Sproles and that should worry them

SOOOOO are we gonna see ADAMS this time? He only got ONE play last week(SMH once again).Would suspect a little razzle dazzle play if things are going ok.Said that last year and got bashed,but the Philly Special is a play I will never forget.Your welcome lol

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

SOOOOO are we gonna see ADAMS this time? He only got ONE play last week(SMH once again).Would suspect a little razzle dazzle play if things are going ok.Said that last year and got bashed,but the Philly Special is a play I will never forget.Your welcome lol

If we make is past the Saints,I feel we can beat anyone else that is left with juust sold execution.If we have a "trick" play,this is the week to use it

The Saints have taken two weeks off. That’s after they squeaked by the Steelers and crawled by the Panthers.

Sue me lol.Maybe they are rusty a bit???? We shall see

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

How about a throw to Alshon and he pitches it back to a screaming Agholor? A little hook and ladder action could work.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The Saints have taken two weeks off. That’s after they squeaked by the Steelers and crawled by the Panthers.

We have the templates from Carolina and Dullaz.We should know what it takes to stop them.Executing it all is something else

How about a throw to Alshon and he pitches it back to a screaming Agholor? A little hook and ladder action could work.

I'm in!!