DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

How about a throw to Alshon and he pitches it back to a screaming Agholor? A little hook and ladder action could work.

Hmmm maybe a fake Philly special? Direct snap to a RB who tosses it back on a GL flea flicker.TD Ertz lol

57 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Wow. The talking heads are giving the Eagles no chance to beat the Saints in NO.  Some are even saying that they see a repeat of 48-7.  Wow.  I don't think the Eagles match up well vs the Aints and if Brees has one of his games where his accuracy is like it usually is, the Eagles may well be in trouble.

Just the way we like it... No one likes us, and we don’t care. Rams, Texans, Skins, Bears... a murderous row of Front sevens... Dynamic players and playmakers left in the dust by this ascending Eagles OL... especially Peters fighting for his Super Bowl as a starter non Pro bowl selectee  RT Lane Johnson perceived disrespect our OL feel like they have something to prove. They’re peaking at the right time.

PFF rated my Birds DLine as #1 in the NFL, this team Believes ....  Honestly MY EAGLES are the Defending World Champs we are going to explain to them Saints  why it was not a good idea to pi$$ us off. They say that in Nawleens is one of the worst places to play in the playoffs. Cox, Bennett and the crew gonna have some words with Kamara and them guys. Last year I was happy we didn’t face the Saints in the  Playoffs as the Vikes knocked them off, This year I want them.

They say last year the home field was a big reason my Birds made it all the way to the Super Bowl. They say we will not get to the Super Bowl this year because we are on the Road,  starting as a 6 th seed,  the odds to repeat are terrible No way will we go back to back.They let the Defending Champions back in...the path to get there is so much tougher yet sooo much sweeter than last year. Saints are in the way, Shaggy aka StNick and his crew are putting them down

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

We just need to get off to a fast start....and them to be a bit rusty. We have to put points on the board in the first quarter.

No question.Gotta take the crowd out of this

2 minutes ago, trini said:

Just the way we like it... No one likes us, and we don’t care. Rams, Texans, Skins, Bears... a murderous row of Front sevens... Dynamic players and playmakers left in the dust by this ascending Eagles OL... especially Peters fighting for his Super Bowl as a starter non Pro bowl selectee  RT Lane Johnson perceived disrespect our OL feel like they have something to prove. Peaking at the right time.

PFF rated my Birds DLine as #1 in the NFL, this team Believes ....  Honestly MY EAGLES are the Defending World Champs we are going to explain to them Saints  why it was not a good idea to pi$$ us off. They say that in Nawleens is one of the worst places to play in the playoffs. Cox, Bennett and the crew gonna have some words with Kamara and them guys. Last year I was happy we didn’t face the Saints in the  Playoffs as the Vikes knocked them off, This year I want them.

They say last year the home field was a big reason my Birds made it all the way to the Super Bowl. They say we will not get to the Super Bowl this year because we are on the Road,  starting as a 6 th seed,  the odds to repeat are terrible No way will we go back to back.They let the Defending Champions back in...the path to get there is so much tougher yet sooo much sweeter than last year. Saints are in the way, Shaggy aka StNick and his crew are putting them down

Can I get an AMEN here??

Only Thursday,but I'm tellin ya the phsych up has already started for me,and I assume it will get worse until It reaches fever pitch.Goin to the nest(again) and hope to do that 2 more times after this sunday 😁

2 words-BRING IT!!!!!!

" I talked all week. The one thing at the start of the week was everyone typically has a routine and my message was protect your routine. Yesterday, two days ago, before the weekend we were at 12 in this tournament. Now all of a sudden it went to eight.Protect your routine. Make sure we stay the course relative to what we do in regards to recovery, treatment, the mental preparation, all of those things and playing at home.” Sean Payton quote.

Their routine is way off though. They didn’t play the last week of the season. Had a bye last week. Then Payton brings in a huge boatload of cash, Super Bowl ring and the Lombardi Trophy. Is that the normal routine? I don’t think so. All season does the coach preach to win three games? I don’t think so. 

In your message to the team, when you talk to some of these young players, do you feel the need to stress the opportunity that's at stake or do you think that that's implied and you don't even need to bring it up?
"I'm quite certain that's been implied earlier in the process” says Sean Payton the coach that just brought in a huge stack of money, SB ring and Trophy. Which is it coach? Has been implied or do you feel the need to break open the vault? Seems like your actions ‘implied’ the latter.

"I talked all week. The one thing at the start of the week was everyone typically has a routine and my message was protect your routine. Yesterday, two days ago, before the weekend we were at 12 in this tournament. Now all of a sudden it went to eight.Protect your routine. Make sure we stay the course relative to what we do in regards to recovery, treatment, the mental preparation, all of those things and playing at home.” Sean Payton quote.

Their routine is way off though. They didn’t play the last week of the season. Had a bye last week. Then Payton brings in a huge boatload of cash, Super Bowl ring and the Lombardi Trophy. Is that the normal routine? I don’t think so. All season does the coach preach to win three games? I don’t think so. 

I use to respect Sean Payton. No more! Anyone who watched that last game knows that the Saints ran up the score to pad Brees's stats.  Hey it is what it is but Peters is correct. The Saints used the situation of the Eagles starting 3 practice squad players for the first time to pad Brees's stats. The reason I lost respect for Payton is because he put his QB's extra stats ahead of the team by keeping Brees in a blowout game longer than he had to. If I was a Saints fan that would have pi$$ed me off big time if my playoff QB would have gotten hurt in that last quarter needlessly chasing stats.

Wrangler it was much more than that...he had to take a personal shot at Jenkins to run the score up. A guy that’s never spoken ill of Payton. Quite the opposite really. But Payton felt the need to try and take the first class player down a notch. To me showing just how nonclassy Payton is. Sean Payton is clearly the villain!

I do believe it was Payton deliberately targeting Jenkins

I don't disagree, but this is the big boy league. If you don't like it, then stop it.  Eagles couldn't.  That's on them.  No one is going to feel sorry for the Super Bowl Champs.

And now it’s come full circle. The Saints have to face the team they have endlessly disrespected. With everything on the line. I tell you what, the Eagles aren’t trying to win three games. We just want to beat the Saints!

Wrangler it was much more than that...he had to take a personal shot at Jenkins to run the score up. A guy that’s never spoken ill of Payton. Quite the opposite really. But Payton felt the need to try and take the first class player down a notch. To me showing just how nonclassy Payton is. Sean Payton is clearly the villain!

I won't dispute what you said Ham.  Look, If I am  Foles or Wentz  and the opposing team is starting three rookies for the first time in the secondary, I am taking a shot at all of them.  Wherever the weak link is, that is where I am going.  So I have no problem with the Saints working against the weak link in our secondary and scoring at will.  My problem is the coaches decision to keep his QB in a game that was over long before he left the game. He has a responsiblity to the rest of the team that is busting their A$$e$ to get to the playoffs and win.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And now it’s come full circle. The Saints have to face the team they have endlessly disrespected. With everything on the line. I tell you what, the Eagles aren’t trying to win three games. We just want to beat the Saints!

Lets be careful here! I think we are all in agreement that Maddox, Douglas and Sullivan have improved greatly since that last game with the Saints however none of them are going to the pro bowl yet. If I was Schwartz I would be figuring that Brees is going to have three TD's in this game throwing the ball. Okay, what can I do to keep it at only 3. I like the Bill Belichick philosophy here. I am going to take away your best receiver and make you beat me using someone else. Their best receiver is Thomas. I am going to use a 6ft 2 in CB Douglas to cover 6ft 3 Thomas and I am telling Douglas to jam him at the line of scrimmage. I don't care if the other guys are playing zone but I'm playing man to man with Douglas on Thomas.

Wrangler I would be shocked if Schwartzdoes that(has Douglas follow Thomas). We haven’t seen him do that. He plays his scheme. Which he feels has Douglas solely on his side. LeBlanc is the slot corner. I lean towards trying to shut down their rushing attack. Have all the bases covered on Kamara coming out of the backfield for catches. Try and limit all the other receivers. Basically my gameplan is the opposite. I want to make Brees and the Saints one dimensional. I want them to have to outscore us with Thomas alone. And by doing that exposing Brees to our pass rush.

Ehh.... not really concerned about them scoring the last TD.... ball was on 37, between punt and FG .... Jenkins was one on one with no deep help, its the easy quick throw to make.     BUT.... their routine should be off a little ...and I do think hte trophy and money is looking at 3 games and not one.

Last year, I thought the ATL game would give us problems due to the rust ... turned out it was the worst playoff performace of the 3, at least on offense.   The timing could be perfect for us to play the Saints.    Probably still best team on paper... tough environment.   but the fact we went there already gives us an edge.  So does the previous result in my mind.   But all the revenge stuff isn't my issue... its that I think they could be both rusty and taking us lightly ... I agree with Ham ... jump on them early!   

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wrangler I would be shocked if Schwartzdoes that(has Douglas follow Thomas). We haven’t seen him do that. He plays his scheme. Which he feels has Douglas solely on his side. LeBlanc is the slot corner. I lean towards trying to shut down their rushing attack. Have all the bases covered on Kamara coming out of the backfield for catches. Try and limit all the other receivers. Basically my gameplan is the opposite. I want to make Brees and the Saints one dimensional. I want them to have to outscore us with Thomas alone. And by doing that exposing Brees to our pass rush.

So you guys  think that the defensive line still has enough gas left in the tank to put some pressure on Brees? They sure have played a lot of downs in the last few games. 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We just need to get off to a fast start....and them to be a bit rusty. We have to put points on the board in the first quarter.

Esp w/ their lines knicked up

53 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And if you follow that link I posted the second article has Pedey backtracking slightly on Wentz. I want Wentz to suit up.

Not without practice.

My oldest Grandson played high school football for the Manatee Hurricanes. One of his coaches (coach Kinnan) was friends with Tony Dungy and invited Tony to come down from Tampa to address our team  who was going to play Dr. Phillips in a playoff game. We were not favored to win by anyone because Dr. Phillips was loaded that year and had 15 starters on their team committed to division 1 college football teams. My grandson doesn't remember everything that Tony said to the team that day but the one thing he remembers  to this day is "Just remember, The people that say, your dreams are impossible have already quit on theirs". Yes the Hurricanes won that game! LOL 

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Not without practice.

Would you settle for Pedey suiting up? 

The Bears out gained us both on the ground and in the air.   We had 2 turnovers they had zero.   Key stat IMO ... redzone.  We punched it in, they had to kick a FG.     Also a key play... when we stopped their 2 point conversion.     I feel it could be the same vs the Saints.   I'm expecting them to drive the ball ... they will also go for it on 4th downs.  If we can avoid the big play, and then defend the red zone... that could be the key.  Then we gotta punch it in when we get a chance

Just now, joemas6 said:

The Bears out gained us both on the ground and in the air.   We had 2 turnovers they had zero.   Key stat IMO ... redzone.  We punched it in, they had to kick a FG.     Also a key play... when we stopped their 2 point conversion.     I feel it could be the same vs the Saints.   I'm expecting them to drive the ball ... they will also go for it on 4th downs.  If we can avoid the big play, and then defend the red zone... that could be the key.  Then we gotta punch it in when we get a chance

I might add Joe that Foles should go deep at least once a quarter. The Saints secondary is vulnerable to the deep pass. 

4 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I might add Joe that Foles should go deep at least once a quarter. The Saints secondary is vulnerable to the deep pass. 

Wrang,  I lke to go deep every drive of every game if its me.    This game, the dome makes it easier.  I'm assuming they take their shots for sure.  My thing is, getting the 7 points when given the chance.  

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Maybe he ran the stats so we would fear them if indeed we got to the playoffs? They could have scored another TD,but took the 3 instead.