DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

31 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The Bears out gained us both on the ground and in the air.   We had 2 turnovers they had zero.   Key stat IMO ... redzone.  We punched it in, they had to kick a FG.     Also a key play... when we stopped their 2 point conversion.     I feel it could be the same vs the Saints.   I'm expecting them to drive the ball ... they will also go for it on 4th downs.  If we can avoid the big play, and then defend the red zone... that could be the key.  Then we gotta punch it in when we get a chance

Like to see LONG sustained drives.Force nothing.If the deep ball is there go for it,but otherwise keep Brees OFF the field.D won't be gassed,they will be adrenaline PUMPED.Really dont care who we lock down,just get to Brees.he's a great HOF bound QB,but he still has to have a lane to throw in.O line get your hands up block the vision.he can't hit what he can't see

In the Bears defense they were without Burton. Like us having Ertz out,but like they say in drag racing,you run what you brung

The halftime will be imperative. Peyton is a master at adjusting(like that guy in Foxborough).Ped needs to anticipate those adjustments and adjust accordingly(like we did in the SB).Either a lead or keep it close by the half.Clock management will also be important and dont take stupid penalties at key points in the game.Play smart,play Eagles ball and we CAN win.The talent on both teams is similar.To me this IS our SB,because in my view we can compete with and beat any remaining teams.1 game,our SB,make it happen.Just go 1-0 boyz,all ya gotta do!!

I'm putting my money where my mouth is.I'm taking the Eagles to win outright.Not taking the spread(although I will make beaucoup bucks if they cover and a dumptruck load if they win outright lol).Call it a gut feeling.Don't get those often.Peytons attempt to fire them up with a hill of money and the Lombardi,pales in comparison to what we have-UNDERDOG STATUS.You cannot buy off a rabid dog lol Eagles 30-Saints 24

Confidence-just bought an Eagles dog mask.Won't have for this game,but preparing to move ON! HAHAHAHA If you kick the S(you fill in) out of Saints,you get the Aint's

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

In the Bears defense they were without Burton. Like us having Ertz out,but like they say in drag racing,you run what you brung

NO ... NO ... NO ..... NO  ... NO .... please .... Burton is not anywhere near Ertz.     NO   NO  NO   NO...

And NO!  

Ertz    ....  116 catches .... 1163 yards ....   8 TDs

Burton ... 54 catches  .....  569 yards   .... 6 TDs 

Burton used on gadget plays ... Ertz, no gadget plays, straight up run a route make a key catch.    Not close.    One is a nice player, the other is one of the top at his position.  

48 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

NO ... NO ... NO ..... NO  ... NO .... please .... Burton is not anywhere near Ertz.     NO   NO  NO   NO...

And NO!  

But he was the outlet guy YES YES YES he was 

44 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ertz    ....  116 catches .... 1163 yards ....   8 TDs

Burton ... 54 catches  .....  569 yards   .... 6 TDs 

Burton used on gadget plays ... Ertz, no gadget plays, straight up run a route make a key catch.    Not close.    One is a nice player, the other is one of the top at his position.  

BTW in the playoffs previous stats DONT MATTER. I wasnt saying he was the same level,but he WAS an important outlet for Trubiski and he didn't play

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW in the playoffs previous stats DONT MATTER. I wasnt saying he was the same level,but he WAS an important outlet for Trubiski and he didn't play

54 catches ... is an important outlet?  

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

In a playoff game with your season on the line it could have been

The other guy was there.    Trubisky threw for 300 yards... he was fine, didn't need Burton as an outlet when he was hitting guys down field.    We can move on from Burton unless he would have been blocking Hester.   Nice player.  No difference maker.     The other TEs got 5 receptions... they were 5 outlet passes.    Trubisky averages 260 per game... he got an extra 40.    Didn't need Burton ...   but thanks for that extra pick at #139.    Mock it baby!!!   

Just now, joemas6 said:

The other guy was there.    Trubisky threw for 300 yards... he was fine, didn't need Burton as an outlet when he was hitting guys down field.    We can move on from Burton unless he would have been blocking Hester.   Nice player.  No difference maker.     The other TEs got 5 receptions... they were 5 outlet passes.    Trubisky averages 260 per game... he got an extra 40.    Didn't need Burton ...   but thanks for that extra pick at #139.    Mock it baby!!!   

Other TE not as good as Burton.Just saying it was a cog we didn't have to spend extra on to cover.Stop dissecting my sentences-thanks lol

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Other TE not as good as Burton.Just saying it was a cog we didn't have to spend extra on to cover.Stop dissecting my sentences-thanks lol

You miss Woody huh? HAHAHA

GB - the bartender is a Bears fan, he didn't enjoy paying me on a straight up bet either!

Up here it's fun to bet against NE w/ the die hards. Keeping my winnings from the Bears, re-bet the original against the Pats.

He's going to hate paying me twice

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

You miss Woody huh? HAHAHA

Not really ... Im not big on Burton ... doesn't belong in same sentence as Ertz.    Ertz is not an outlet guy.    He is a main weapon .  An outlet wasn't needed for a dude who exceeded his normal production.   5 outlet passes were caught be the other TEs on 6 targets.   I don't see Burton as a guy that better.  That's my opinion.    

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

GB - the bartender is a Bears fan, he didn't enjoy paying me on a straight up bet either!

Up here it's fun to bet against NE w/ the die hards. Keeping my winnings from the Bears, re-bet the original against the Pats.

He's going to hate paying me twice

Gut feeling... if SD is ever gonna beat NE... now is the time.   

You mean LA...Chargers. They are a much better team than the Pats. Is this Phillip Rivers season? I’ve been thinking it is. His best chance is right now. The Pats are a shell of themselves. The Chargers need to realize what they are dealing with. Use code...change signals at halftime. Stand in the way of any snow plows.

Joemas,

I'm right there with you on the Chargers.  I think the Patriots defense is crap.  Chargers will score and they have a defense that can keep NE in check.  Doesn't mean they will, but if they call the game right, they have the better TEAM.  My whole thought last year going against them in the Super Bowl was the perfect game for the Eagles because the Eagles just had to outscore them and their defense can't stop anyone unless the offensive gameplan sucks; ie Seahawks game plan vs the Cowpies last week.

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

" I talked all week. The one thing at the start of the week was everyone typically has a routine and my message was protect your routine. Yesterday, two days ago, before the weekend we were at 12 in this tournament. Now all of a sudden it went to eight.Protect your routine. Make sure we stay the course relative to what we do in regards to recovery, treatment, the mental preparation, all of those things and playing at home.” Sean Payton quote.

Their routine is way off though. They didn’t play the last week of the season. Had a bye last week. Then Payton brings in a huge boatload of cash, Super Bowl ring and the Lombardi Trophy. Is that the normal routine? I don’t think so. All season does the coach preach to win three games? I don’t think so. 

I think there is gonna be some rust after three weeks on the sidelines.... I want to face the best teams playing their best ball... I would be pleased with just a win. BUT... I want their A game... NO EXCUSES... I wanna see our DLine PUNISH  Brees and his RB’s. against a player like Brees I suspect Michael Thomas and the other Saints receivers are licking their chops again. They abused us earlier in the year... they believe they Shudda been Champs last year, the world thinks we’re gonna be lunch meat. Just  a Perfect scenario for the Defending Champs. This Eagle team has weapons galore... and the perfect QB to get the ball to those weapons. I believe the chance to repeat as Champions will continue to intensify the more we win. 

MJD had the Rams, Chiefs Chargers, Eagles as his final four...Big Red Over Frank Reich Colts is gonna be a great game... all the remaining games are gonna be great drama ... I like it.

37 minutes ago, trini said:

I think there is gonna be some rust after three weeks on the sidelines.... I want to face the best teams playing their best ball... I would be pleased with just a win. BUT... I want their A game... NO EXCUSES... I wanna see our DLine PUNISH  Brees and his RB’s. against a player like Brees I suspect Michael Thomas and the other Saints receivers are licking their chops again. They abused us earlier in the year... they believe they Shudda been Champs last year, the world thinks we’re gonna be lunch meat. Just  a Perfect scenario for the Defending Champs. This Eagle team has weapons galore... and the perfect QB to get the ball to those weapons. I believe the chance to repeat as Champions will continue to intensify the more we win. 

MJD had the Rams, Chiefs Chargers, Eagles as his final four...Big Red Over Frank Reich Colts is gonna be a great game... all the remaining games are gonna be great drama ... I like it.

Taking the Colts.They are just HOT and peaking much like we are.AR won't have an answer.Colts D rather underrated,and frankly KC doesnt have one lol

48 minutes ago, trini said:

Yeah rested but a tad rusty,Won't take them real long to get back into the groove.that's why we need to hit them fast at the open.We will be operating on the silent count,take the crowd away and that becomes less of a factor.If we can score 10 or 14 before they wake up,we can do this.Didn't know that this is another historic meeting.Brees and Foles went to the same HS(not college) in Texas and that is a first in history.Not too worried about Ingraham,their run D is excellent also.Stick the run in to keep them honest,but this will be an aerial war as both will try to take the others run game away.Kamara bothers me in the passing game and Sproles should bother them.Should be a great game between 2 evenly matched teams.Gonna be fun to watch the chess match unfold.30-24 Eagles 

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Foles/Brees 2 excellent comeback QB's.Could be the last possession wins the game lol(clock management!!)