DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

54 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Hey Cookster, You are forgetting takeaway's. We have been getting more of them since Maddox , Douglas and Sullivan have been playing than we got with Darby , Mills and etc. Brees has thrown at least 7 interceptions against the Eagles in regular season games. I'm not sure about the playoff game. He is 4 wins and 3 losses against the Eagles lifetime in regular season games. The Eagles didn't get any picks against him in the last game so they are due.

Yep ... not big on stats ....LOL

18 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Andy, Reich and Pedey out of all who's left - Nice tree Big Red!

Yeah... Reich not under the Reid tree .. .come on now.   He coached 8 years before he came to the Eagles.   That's not a peice of fruit growing from a tree ... lol.   ZERO Andy Reid involved with Reich.   In fact, that's the main reason why I think he worked well with Doug.  If anything, Doug has trended back towards too much Andy Reid style play calling.  

1 hour ago, senhorcook said:

I wish that I could be as optimistic as you guys about the game vs the Aints.  The Eagles have to make up FORTY ONE points just to be even.  FORTY ONE! The Eagles have scored 48 points exactly ZERO times this season.  and they need to score 49!

The Aints defense is better than many of you think.  They got serious penetration in that first game knocking Wentz off his platform and game A LOT!  I won't be near as nervous for this game as I have no expectation that they will win.  I have TONS of hope, but hope only goes so far.  It would be freaking awesome if they can beat the Saints.  Freaking awesome!  They will have to play their best game of the season by far and lucky bounces and interceptions and tips and fumbles will have to go their way for a win to happen.  The Saints are the better team.  The Eagles have to ban together and find a way!  Foles has to play absolutely STELLAR in this game.

Sen,  I agree... just feel intangibles are on our side.    If it were baseball, hockey or basketball... they win hte 7 game series.    We just need one.  A quick start in taking advantage of possible rust... you never know.  

1 hour ago, senhorcook said:

I wish that I could be as optimistic as you guys about the game vs the Aints.  The Eagles have to make up FORTY ONE points just to be even.  FORTY ONE! The Eagles have scored 48 points exactly ZERO times this season.  and they need to score 49!

The Aints defense is better than many of you think.  They got serious penetration in that first game knocking Wentz off his platform and game A LOT!  I won't be near as nervous for this game as I have no expectation that they will win.  I have TONS of hope, but hope only goes so far.  It would be freaking awesome if they can beat the Saints.  Freaking awesome!  They will have to play their best game of the season by far and lucky bounces and interceptions and tips and fumbles will have to go their way for a win to happen.  The Saints are the better team.  The Eagles have to ban together and find a way!  Foles has to play absolutely STELLAR in this game.

Why do we have to make up 41 points? You think they will score 48 again? AINT gonna happen.Their run D is excellent,their secondary is not,espeically YAC as 58 pointed out,those are both Tates and Alshons strong points and as Wrang also pointed out AG vs Apple is a mismatch.The first game was a breakdown on every level,it WILL NOT HAPPEN again! Believe my friend believe!

Anyone see the story that Golden Tate almost ran the wrong route on the winning TD?

1 minute ago, ASG15 said:

Anyone see the story that Golden Tate almost ran the wrong route on the winning TD?

HAHA yeah too cool huh? he had to adjust and Foles caught that adjustment-SWEET!!!!

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

HAHA yeah too cool huh? he had to adjust and Foles caught that adjustment-SWEET!!!!

Tate may finally be "getting it".I mean after all those years in Detroit,I'm sure it took some time,and very happy we are seeing once again the results of the Eagles patience.I was ready to say "he's gone" but he is changing my mind if he keeps playing well

Hello crap, since the beginning of the year we wrote 256 pages to this years Eagles novel and were still not done. The epilogue should be interesting.  Might be a best seller on the NY times best seller list.

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Tate may finally be "getting it".I mean after all those years in Detroit,I'm sure it took some time,and very happy we are seeing once again the results of the Eagles patience.I was ready to say "he's gone" but he is changing my mind if he keeps playing well

That's the nice thing about having a veteran.

He knows where to go when things break down.

Someone was talking about bad play calling earlier. Just watched the last qtr replay Aints vs Pitt. Pitt actually lost the game on a bad PI call that kept the Aints scoring drive alive. Have to be able to challenge more calls as this one bad call kept Pitt out of the playoffs and gave the Aints 1st place.

Don't know why, NFLN reporting JP and Bennett out. BGN saying only Wentz is out.

Not looking ahead but you know what would be fun? Facing Big Red in the SB.

At least we're a bit more honest with our injury reports. Aints saying just WR Cobb ( no career catches ) is out, nobody questionable. Everyone knows half their OL is nicked up, parts of their DL as well. Armstead will attempt to play w/ a pulled peck, which they can't really do anything for - hope it costs them.

"Nick Foles is a guy I'd want on a bomb squad. He's the guy I want cutting the red or blue wire, because his heart rate never gets above 62." – Howie Long

On 1/9/2019 at 3:58 PM, joemas6 said:

But when forced to make a decision... whatever it was that made them select the dude from Louisville whose name escape's my mind, then don't use that to breat a tie...lol.   

Marcus Smith II, now an OLB for the 'skins.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:24 PM, mjkline1958 said:

Brandon Lee Gowton‏Verified account @BrandonGowton

Eagles sign OT Tyreek Burwell and CFL defensive back Mercy Maston to future contracts

MERCY, another Pick - 6!

MJK, if memory serves me right - I believe it was #22 Jones that the Brees picked on during the last match up.

12 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I'm gonna enjoy the game Sunday, and biggest selfish motivation for me will be wanting to watch them play next Sunday.  The offseason can wait!

I wanna see our Eagles play the Cowpies and demolish them again in the NFC Championship game! Just like when Wilbert Montgomery ran wild on 'em!  1899348510_31-WibertMontgomeryInThe80NFCChampionshipGame.jpg.036295ce9b4db5225e59487f6f8f9d31.jpgMontgomery playing in the 1980 NFC Championship Game.

11 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

There is going to be some decisions going forward with our corner backs. I had Darby out the door because of his free agency and him probably getting offers for more than he showed he was worth. Of course the Acl injury comes along and now what kind of good offers is he going to get? I say he could be back for another year being paid like his rookie contract. Not even sure when he could take the field if he returned so other people will continue to gain experience. Of course if Jones ever gets back to normal we have him on the field too. I am more concerned with him getting healthy than proving me right in taking him.  At the present time Jones is more like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. His strong suit coming out in the draft was that he was ranked as the best man to man coverage  CB in the draft.  I thought that was what our defensive coordinator was looking for . Apparently I was incorrect since he was playing him zone most of the time while he was in the lineup. I only saw him play man to man a couple times while playing the slot or nickel back. Anyway we may not even have to select a CB in the draft this year with the guys that are already on the roster and getting playing time.  Maybe this draft can be both lines, linebacker and running back. 

Well said Wrang. The bold area is where I'm looking for Howie to strengthen this team.

11 hours ago, senhorcook said:

The A’ints been hating on us since we won the last SB. Kamara said if they had played us we would have lost....They’ve been running their mouths all year ... A’ints were resting their starters since the  last game of the season. Been sitting and waiting while our boys been battling. I think we’re still hungry dogs we should be sharper this game than the A’ints. DLine , OLine , LB are positions we Draft. I think we look In the free agency for RB, S, and more depth.

10 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Hello crap, since the beginning of the year we wrote 256 pages to this years Eagles novel and were still not done. The epilogue should be interesting.  Might be a best seller on the NY times best seller list.

AMEN! Epilogue= NOBODY likes us and WE DON'T CARE!!!       PS - Have a lot of work to do for an epic epilogue. That's a little short for an afterword summary.

"Maybe the question for the bye week playoff teams should be, "Who’s not at risk?” All of them feel fairly vulnerable to me with the exception of New Orleans." Nate Davis-USA today          So there you have 1 opinion,that we have no chance against the Saints.Like all others,I will take THAT bet as well.Believe this will be the biggest upset of the week 🙂