DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Thanks for that GB, hadn't watched it yet - too f'n busy! Now it's kinda me time but have to run to the store - they have some shaved ribeye for me! The rolls won't be Amoroso's and the sandwiches not as good as Jimmy's, but it'll hit the spot.

Before I head out, a few surprises I'd like to see;

1) Stoning there WR's AND RB's at the LOS

2) Quit playing off! You can bait Brees a little to jump a pass, dangerous game to play.

3) Tackle!

17 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Thanks for that GB, hadn't watched it yet - too f'n busy! Now it's kinda me time but have to run to the store - they have some shaved ribeye for me! The rolls won't be Amoroso's and the sandwiches not as good as Jimmy's, but it'll hit the spot.

Just gave me goosebumps to see how this team worked together.No ego's no BS,no MY WAY.It was truly everyone involved in the attention to details,taking chances and trusting each other.We got that going into tomorrow.This will be our toughest game all year.Payton is no fool.Their run D is as good as ours,their secondary is not quite as good as ours.We beat them through the air/Gonna be an aerial war.Don't give up the run game,keep the D honest.Once again noones giving us a chance and we like it that way!!! 30-24 Eagles in this weeks stunner!!!

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

30 minutes but an AWESOME vid Gave me alot of insight into how this team functions.Very well done

If I wasn't psyched up before that, I is now.

Saints writer gives three reasons why the Eagles will win on Sunday

By Brandon Lee Gowton and Chris Dunnells | Jan 11, 2019, 8:00am EST

1. Drew Brees is sacked multiple times

2. Michael Thomas is held to under 50 receiving yards

3. The Saints hold the ball for less than 28:00 minutes

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/1/11/18178080/eagles-vs-saints-nfl-playoffs-2019-game-preview-philadelphia-new-orleans-three-reasons-why-brees-nfc

1. Bad Foles shows up

2. The defense gets torched … again

3. Dome field advantage

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2019/1/11/18177821/eagles-writer-gives-three-reasons-why-the-saints-will-win-on-sunday-philadelphia-new-orleans-playoff

8 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Gary Kubiak WILL NOT be the Bronco's next OC and is likely done coaching.

Why is he done?

9 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

No matter Elway is a moron GM lol

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
12 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Why is he done?

The report didn't mention a reason, but I suspect it's a health decision.

I was pretty shocked Kubiak didn’t get the OC job. It seemed like why they went all out on a defensive HC. But it wasn’t Kubiak declining the job. After lengthy discussions they had differing opinions and philosophies. Was what Shefty reported. So I expect Kubiak will find a job elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I was pretty shocked Kubiak didn’t get the OC job. It seemed like why they went all out on a defensive HC. But it wasn’t Kubiak declining the job. After lengthy discussions they had differing opinions and philosophies. Was what Shefty reported. So I expect Kubiak will find a job elsewhere.

Sad because IMO Elway is the cancer in Denver.Dude can only work with what little Elway provides him(which aint much)

Michael Thomas is held to under 50 receiving yards

The Saints have only lost three games this season, and one of those games was the Ryan FitzMagic Week 1 game where neither side decided to play defense. In the other two losses, Michael Thomas was held to 40 yards against the Cowboys and 29 yards against the Panthers. Thomas otherwise averaged roughly 90 yards per game in each of the Saints wins.

If you focus in on Michael Thomas in the passing game and refuse to let him beat you, then you’ve gone a long way to stopping Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints offense.

Would like to know if the CB's on the Cowboys and Panthers played Thomas man to man or if they played zone defense and passed him off. I didn't see either game. I happen to believe Douglas could play him man to man since he is not a burner receiver. He runs good routes and Douglas is suppose to excel on route recognition.

Really believe this game comes down to pressure up the middle by our defense OR lack of pressure up the middle by our defense. The last Elite QB the Eagles beat was in the Super Bowl and they gave up over 500 yards passing to him so it is possible for Brees to have a great game and still lose if our offense can keep up. They did against New England, will they against the Saints?  Sproles has to have a big game tomorrow in my opinion. I believe the Eagles receivers will come through but still believe we need a big game by one of our running backs as well. Sproles has to be the guy.

16 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I wanna see our Eagles play the Cowpies and demolish them again in the NFC Championship game! Just like when Wilbert Montgomery ran wild on 'em!  1899348510_31-WibertMontgomeryInThe80NFCChampionshipGame.jpg.036295ce9b4db5225e59487f6f8f9d31.jpgMontgomery playing in the 1980 NFC Championship Game.

The game that made me an EAGLES fan for life! Wore #31 as a RB myself. Montgomery is still my favorite Eagle ever.

22 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Really believe this game comes down to pressure up the middle by our defense OR lack of pressure up the middle by our defense. The last Elite QB the Eagles beat was in the Super Bowl and they gave up over 500 yards passing to him so it is possible for Brees to have a great game and still lose if our offense can keep up. They did against New England, will they against the Saints?  Sproles has to have a big game tomorrow in my opinion. I believe the Eagles receivers will come through but still believe we need a big game by one of our running backs as well. Sproles has to be the guy.

Wrangler, the Aints defense is MUCH better than the Patriots defense from last year. The Patriots defense still sucks. I see Rivers carving them upand sending them home early.

33 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Saints flat out run D is pretty solid.Like to see some "different" plays called.We're gonna have to get creative

16 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

The game that made me an EAGLES fan for life! Wore #31 as a RB myself. Montgomery is still my favorite Eagle ever.

Still miss the Kelley green unis 😞

Game time at Arrowhead.Still picking the Colts.That would make AR 0-7 in home playoff games(longest streak in the NFL)

The Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in 25 years!  Image result for charlie brown and lucy gif

Edited by EaglesTD123
remove censored image