DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Disappointing obviously but they got farther than I thought they would at mid season.

I'd like to see a stat on how many 3rd and 15+ they gave up this season.

10 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Brandon Brooks torn achilles

Torn achilles this late means he won't be available until mid season next year.

6 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Torn achilles this late means he won't be available until mid season next year.

No it does not

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No it does not

Pass blocking puts more stress on the achilles than any other duty.

If it's a total tear he won't even be able to work out. for quite a while

Remember this conversvation and i'll bet you a beer he won't be back until at least game 8 next year.

If i'm wrong i'll be happy

Just now, ASG15 said:

Pass blocking puts more stress on the achilles than any other duty.

If it's a total tear he won't even be able to work out. for quite a while

Remember this conservation and i'll bet you a beer he won't be back until at least game 8 next year.

If i'm wrong i'll be happy

Two words, a Jason Peters

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I'll grant you that

BTW how are you downundermike and live in Spokane?

1 minute ago, ASG15 said:

I'll grant you that

Born and raised in Australia, moved here when I was 15

1 minute ago, ASG15 said:

I'll grant you that

I lived in Spokane for 5 years.

Stationed at Fairchild.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Was that 2012 when he didn't play?

17 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Hmmm

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

Hmmm

Yes it was, I missed that detail, my apologies.

A thanks to Nick-for all you've done- gave us hope- when there was none-I wish you the best-with your new team-but I will always be- bleedin' green.                                                                          Short poem lol,but now we will start working on the offseason.Limited cap,suspect that will change rather quickly,Still not alot to spend,but there are some FA's worth looking at,like OT trent Brown,Grady Jarrett-DT,maybe Ansah

Spoiler

Well crap.  I don't really like the Rams (liked them a lot on Saturday) and don't love the Saints after knocking the Eagles out this year and a few years back; can't stand the Patriots; so all in on AR now that the Eagles are no longer a part of the remaining teams.  Let's go Chiefs!

A LOT of questions to be answered going forward for this team.  They have to find some younger talent for the OLine.  Peters just can't seem to stay on the field.  If he retires, I'd love to see him stay with the team and coach up the young guys.  Same for Sproles.  Both seem to be quintessential football leaders.  Must find some speed at the WR position.  Wallace earned how much this year for ZERO catches for ZERO yards?  Ouch!  I have never been a fan of his anyway.  Thought it was a ho-hum signing. 

What does the team do with Foles?  Sign and trade? Let him walk? Find a way to keep him someway, somehow?  Doubt that last one is an option.

RB? Smallwood played his best ball in the playoffs but just can't see a hole to save his life.  Adams clearly is not the answer or he would have played some in the playoff games.  Unfortunately I think Sproles retires at this point.

Defensively - DBs.  That is a mess other than Jenkins.  Does the team go forward with Douglas, Maddox, Jenkins, and ?  Seems iffy to me at best. 

Hicks?

This roster could look a whole lot different next year.  Critical decisions need to be made. I sure hope they make the right ones.

29 minutes ago, senhorcook said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well crap.  I don't really like the Rams (liked them a lot on Saturday) and don't love the Saints after knocking the Eagles out this year and a few years back; can't stand the Patriots; so all in on AR now that the Eagles are no longer a part of the remaining teams.  Let's go Chiefs!

A LOT of questions to be answered going forward for this team.  They have to find some younger talent for the OLine.  Peters just can't seem to stay on the field.  If he retires, I'd love to see him stay with the team and coach up the young guys.  Same for Sproles.  Both seem to be quintessential football leaders.  Must find some speed at the WR position.  Wallace earned how much this year for ZERO catches for ZERO yards?  Ouch!  I have never been a fan of his anyway.  Thought it was a ho-hum signing. 

What does the team do with Foles?  Sign and trade? Let him walk? Find a way to keep him someway, somehow?  Doubt that last one is an option.

RB? Smallwood played his best ball in the playoffs but just can't see a hole to save his life.  Adams clearly is not the answer or he would have played some in the playoff games.  Unfortunately I think Sproles retires at this point.

Defensively - DBs.  That is a mess other than Jenkins.  Does the team go forward with Douglas, Maddox, Jenkins, and ?  Seems iffy to me at best. 

Hicks?

This roster could look a whole lot different next year.  Critical decisions need to be made. I sure hope they make the right ones.

IDK about Sproles,seems he is determined to win another SB,Since he is not a "feature" RB,maybe he has another year in the tank.he sure fought hard to get back to the gridiron

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDK about Sproles,seems he is determined to win another SB,Since he is not a "feature" RB,maybe he has another year in the tank.he sure fought hard to get back to the gridiron

I mean Sproles only SB ring came in the year he was hurt last year with us same with JP sure both guys want to be a part of the game.....I felt terrible for both those guys in 2017 two of the most deserving players to play/win a SB

From what I heard on Sproles though sounds as though he plans to come back another year......Doesn’t sound like JP is planning to hang them up either just yet.....So I’m going to guess if we want them both will come back at least 1 more year 

Senhor.....Honestly I disagree with you on our DBs....I see a group with a ton of promise....Sure Brees did what Brees does and picked them apart but Brees can pick apart the best vets as well what makes him so great he was doing it pretty much all year to team why he set an nfl record in completion percent....The biggest key to me for our secondary is the 3rd S do we look to rework McLeod and can we covert Maddox or Mills to the S spot, do we look to add another FA is there a guy in the draft????? 

The real concern to me is our DL could see a ton of change....Graham a FA, Long could retire, Our decision on Bennett/Jerrinagn, Sweat unknown, Barnett coming off injury..... Right now It is Cox only guy we know what we are getting 

Yes, BG, the DLINE.  How could I miss questions about that area.  They MUST find a way to re-sign Bennett. I'd love to see Long back for another year, but he was not a big factor in most games this year.  I suspect the Eagles will draft here if the BPA is available within a few picks when they pick. I like Graham a lot, but his asking price will be too high I suspect. He is about to get PAID!  Some team will pay him more than he is worth even.  Game changing DEs are hard to find.  Let's all hope the team hits on many draft picks this year and every year.  That is the key to maintaining a good team in the short and long term now that there is a rookie cap.  The young guys make a HUGE difference. 

I do want to see a healthy Sidney Jones compete for a starting CB spot.  The reason I think the DBs are a mess is because look how the DCoordinator played in MOST of the games this season.  Way off coverage!  Rushed only four most of the time.  Which means the team has very little confidence in the DBs out there.  I was screaming last night to double cover Thomas and play zone elsewhere.  Nope. Let's play deep zone and let Thomas get 21 yards on 3rd and 20 how many times?  Unreal!  I have been saying that I like LeBlanc the best of the young guys so far.  He is not the fastest or most athletic, but he tackles well and makes plays.  Sounds like Douglas too, although I am not a big fan of his just yet.  He has improved a lot; but he had a LOT of room to improve.  So we shall see going forward where Douglas ends up.  Maddox may end up being the best of all of them.  I like his improvement a lot.  Toughest position in NFL football to play - CB.  Touch the guy it's a first down penalty. Hit him too hard, it's a first down penalty. Look at him wrong sometimes, and it's a first down penalty.  And by the way, the WRs you are covering are some of the best athletes in the world.  Good luck.

Lots of Saints fans had nothing but good things to say about us like "Thanks for the great game,could have easily gone your way".Of course they are happy they won it,but they respected what we did

7 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Yes, BG, the DLINE.  How could I miss questions about that area.  They MUST find a way to re-sign Bennett. I'd love to see Long back for another year, but he was not a big factor in most games this year.  I suspect the Eagles will draft here if the BPA is available within a few picks when they pick. I like Graham a lot, but his asking price will be too high I suspect. He is about to get PAID!  Some team will pay him more than he is worth even.  Game changing DEs are hard to find.  Let's all hope the team hits on many draft picks this year and every year.  That is the key to maintaining a good team in the short and long term now that there is a rookie cap.  The young guys make a HUGE difference. 

I do want to see a healthy Sidney Jones compete for a starting CB spot.  The reason I think the DBs are a mess is because look how the DCoordinator played in MOST of the games this season.  Way off coverage!  Rushed only four most of the time.  Which means the team has very little confidence in the DBs out there.  I was screaming last night to double cover Thomas and play zone elsewhere.  Nope. Let's play deep zone and let Thomas get 21 yards on 3rd and 20 how many times?  Unreal!  I have been saying that I like LeBlanc the best of the young guys so far.  He is not the fastest or most athletic, but he tackles well and makes plays.  Sounds like Douglas too, although I am not a big fan of his just yet.  He has improved a lot; but he had a LOT of room to improve.  So we shall see going forward where Douglas ends up.  Maddox may end up being the best of all of them.  I like his improvement a lot.  Toughest position in NFL football to play - CB.  Touch the guy it's a first down penalty. Hit him too hard, it's a first down penalty. Look at him wrong sometimes, and it's a first down penalty.  And by the way, the WRs you are covering are some of the best athletes in the world.  Good luck.

Are we blowing off Derek Barnett?

BTW I believe the game plan was to play off a bit(thus no 1st down penalties) but we failed to pressure Brees.As sen said Ped should have adjusted when it was evident that plan was failing.but hindsight is SO easy to do lol