DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Thanks ASG. Was holding off on the update, was actually pondering a reset as 2 updates ago was getting the blue screen of death. Will try it when I have time to look into it.

I read a lot about these issues people have with the site.  Except for the quoting issue, I report no problems.  I use iPhone with safari and google chrome.  I am curious how people with issues access the EMB.

On 5/18/2018 at 6:10 PM, trini said:

Guess we’re not as important unless you post thru a Facebook profile or some other app. I am not a Facebook person. I had created a profile very long time ago until I realized what it was being used for,  with Facebook recent mismanagement of people’s profiles. I am even less likely to post. Probably showing my age with that LOL. I am glad some you guys are staying true. I almost feel like having won our first Championship, the team is providing even less information about our players. I miss the old School rookie camps you could count on daily blurbs about players  guess the other writers here don’t have anything to report. Addition by subtraction that sort of crap.

Nope no Facebook or any other social media BS for me either.Identity theft anyone? No thanks

On 5/19/2018 at 7:23 AM, ASG15 said:

It may not be the Eagles IT. Some time ago Microsoft pushed an update that didn't allow you to post on several websites. 2 days ago they pushed a fix for that. At least it fixed it for me.

That update totally screwed up my gaming sites.I had to basically tear my comp down(electronically),so now I have to re-build what I had which will take DAYS.Microsoft blew this one BIGLY

Yeah GB, I switch all auto updates off until feedback on them is available. Been thru what you're going thru all too often.

As far as the board "upgrade", they changed the locations of a few things which caused confusion. A simple notice as to what the changes are would be nice. Change for the sake of change is not always good, whereas respect for those you serve is always good.

I am not real happy with these "New Changes" Either. May have to stay off for awhile until they fix them.

OH, I almost forgot!  For those who decided to buy the LGCY stock I was talking about on here, Your welcome! It reached over $10 per share before a correction sent it below $8. It is now around $8.30 and on the rise again. I believe I stated it should hit $10 by end of the summer. The other stock I was talking about has not really done anything yet. Of course it is a penny stock so no one should have much invested anyway.  PURA is trading between $.04-.05 per share. When Canada officially legalizes pot, this should take off. Sometime this summer. I have a new one for you all to take a look at.  CHK - Chesapeake Energy. This company was grossly mismanaged by the CEO a few years back and the stock price plummeted. It was trading around $30 per share 3-4 years ago and is currently trading around $4.25 per share. IF you take a look, you will see that the company is under new management and has beaten all estimates the past year or so. I sold some stock to purchase around 200 shares. Not going crazy here, but it is worth a shot IMO.... I bought LGCY at $2.59 so will probably sell off 150 shares of that once it hits $10 to collect all of my original investment.... Fun times!!

41 minutes ago, stine said:

OH, I almost forgot!  For those who decided to buy the LGCY stock I was talking about on here, Your welcome! It reached over $10 per share before a correction sent it below $8. It is now around $8.30 and on the rise again. I believe I stated it should hit $10 by end of the summer. The other stock I was talking about has not really done anything yet. Of course it is a penny stock so no one should have much invested anyway.  PURA is trading between $.04-.05 per share. When Canada officially legalizes pot, this should take off. Sometime this summer. I have a new one for you all to take a look at.  CHK - Chesapeake Energy. This company was grossly mismanaged by the CEO a few years back and the stock price plummeted. It was trading around $30 per share 3-4 years ago and is currently trading around $4.25 per share. IF you take a look, you will see that the company is under new management and has beaten all estimates the past year or so. I sold some stock to purchase around 200 shares. Not going crazy here, but it is worth a shot IMO.... I bought LGCY at $2.59 so will probably sell off 150 shares of that once it hits $10 to collect all of my original investment.... Fun times!!

Got a small amount of both with some chump change I had left in my account lol

BLKCF was another I recently added lol

46 minutes ago, stine said:

Thanks for the heads up.Wish I would have bought more

So... I love reading things about how things will be so difficult for the Eagles this year.   It's stuff like this that absolutely allows the players to remain in their underdog mentality.  Teams are gonna study film on you ... they  are gonna be up for playing you ...etc.    Its F...ing football.... if you don't get prepared and juiced to play in a game where you can be totally embarrassed while being physically dominated by your opponent.... then you don't belong in the league.  

I will say, I absolutely agree with some of the stuff... but I also like our Eagles team in how its run.   The plays... they are diversified with little adjustments added to them, and the flexibility of the QB actually changing calls last second to just make that subtle change... that's something that all the preparation in the world doesn't help.  I don't know about you guys... but I'm watching the games last year, and it was much different than years prior when you can just look at the formations, timing of the motions, little alignments here and there, and you could figure out which play or maybe 2 plays was coming.  Last year, run or pass... left or right ... short or deep.. .they all looked the same from the start.    They have so much detail and options built in, plus the talent to win one on one matchups at the line and down field, that its tough to stop even if you knows whats coming... plus with options for the QB during the plays, not the overcontrolling head coach dictating everyhing.   Good luck.

On defense, our guy really is vanilla.   The Eagles beat you with their pass rush, and DL suffocating the run.  It's not much scheme in terms of compared to the rest of the league.  Good luck.  

I'm not being cocky at all... just understanding that we have a good team, that is playing a tough schedule, and should make for a lot of good football.  I look forward to it.  The challenge of competition is my favorite part of sports, I wouldn't want it easy.   I'd like to beat the Steelers in the SB this year, and then get the 3peat beating Brady next year.  I'd love to beat Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Russell Wilson along the way.   " Run it up Herman, leave no doubt!"

As far as Brandon Graham is concerned, why not take a long-term deal? Because the market, and the salary cap, continue to go up and up. Giants defensive end Olivier Vernon cashed in a couple of years ago at $17 million per year, and Graham may believe that forcing his way to the market — or worst-case scenario to the franchise tag — is better than whatever the Eagles are offering.

LOL  So fans, I'm taking bets. Is Graham on the Eagles roster at this time next year and for how much if he is.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BLKCF was another I recently added lol

Thanks for the heads up.Wish I would have bought more

Glad you made out!!  I am up 220% on LGCY. Plan on selling some once it hits $10 and change.  I bought 200 shares of CHK today and it is up around 9%....

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

As far as Brandon Graham is concerned, why not take a long-term deal? Because the market, and the salary cap, continue to go up and up. Giants defensive end Olivier Vernon cashed in a couple of years ago at $17 million per year, and Graham may believe that forcing his way to the market — or worst-case scenario to the franchise tag — is better than whatever the Eagles are offering.

LOL  So fans, I'm taking bets. Is Graham on the Eagles roster at this time next year and for how much if he is.

IDK... I can say that I seriously doubt all 3 of Graham, Bennett and Jernigan are on the roster... that's too much money.   Unless one or two of them take a pay cut, restructure or something.   Graham, I think leaves in FA if he truly is worried about making the extra few million (which I don't blame him, to each their own)  He probably thinks he can get 3 years $50 mil... I don't think the Eagles offer more than 3 years $40 mil.   I think there is a chance he decides to stay here for the security of not taking a chance on getting injured (at his age, it could be devastating)   My guess, a deal won't get done until training camp or even during the season.  I wouldn't rush if I am the Eagles... its the 2019 and future Brandon Graham that I am in no rush to pay for, and doubt they are either.   If they lose him to $13 plus mil a year deal... the comp pick will be 3rd round.  Combine that with losing Foles for the same... two 3rd round comp picks could come in handy as the team tries to get younger.  

So I'm 50-50 on Graham being back ... not really worried about it, #11 and his health are the only things I really look at past 2018 and defending the title.  I think the rest will be handled when the time comes.

Actually mentioned after the season Graham may be trade bait and am a little surprised he's still here. Not that I'm in any hurry to get rid of him, we need to keep younger players coming through the pipeline

I agree that Graham will most likely not be here next year. They probably won't trade him for anything more than a third round pick either as Joe mentioned they would get one if he left via FA. I am also surprised Kendricks is still here....

Well heck

Hockey over (flyers out)

Basketball over (Sixers out)

Football nothing going on

Baseball about as interesting as watching grass grow

I hate this time of the year.

LOL  ASG, that is why I play at the market. Keeps me going.....

2 hours ago, ASG15 said:

Well heck

Hockey over (flyers out)

Basketball over (Sixers out)

Football nothing going on

Baseball about as interesting as watching grass grow

I hate this time of the year.

My TB Lightning are still in this lol

I read a quote yesterday. "Remember when you wanted what you currently have?"  That quote made me think of the Eagles recent Super Bowl victory. As a fan, that victory forever changes how I will look at each new Eagles team going forward.   With a Super Bowl Victory as a reference point, I will now see each new team for what it is rather than what I want it to be. No more rose colored glasses when looking at our team.  LOL