DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

A sort of recent example of my formula is Western Michigan's WR Corey Davis. Set all kinds of records at Western Michigan but were the records transferable to the NFL game or just records that any good D-1 player would put up against "What's a Matta  U's."  I threw away his stats against the Akrons, Ball States, Toledo's and Buffalo's and looked at his games against the Wisconsin's, Northwestern's, and Illinois. Turns out his stats were just as good and even better in some of those tougher competitions than his regular competitions. It made me a believer before the draft and the kid turned out being taken with the fifth pick in the 2017 draft. Whereas, I guy like  WR Mike Williams that year played for Clemson and everyone knew he would be able to adapt his game to the NFL game. The only thing teams had to judge on Williams was whether his broken neck was healed properly before they considered him. Williams went with the 7th pick that year.

OK as long as you toss those lowball stats lol .Some really small schools never get to play the Wisconsins,so those are tougher to judge if they only play vs the Ball states lol

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OK as long as you toss those lowball stats lol .Some really small schools never get to play the Wisconsins,so those are tougher to judge if they only play vs the Ball states lol

Long ago I met a kid (John Sell) who played on Millersville Universities offensive line. He was invited to try out for the Eagles offensive line by D Vermeil. He played well enough that D was going to keep him on the roster however as luck would have it, he got injured right before final cuts. D called him in and said that he had to let him go but wanted him to stay in shape and come out the following year and try out again.  I lost track of the kid because he moved to Texas but often wondered if he ever came back again to try out or if he ended up playing for another franchise. I never saw his name mentioned again on anything related to the Eagles.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Bryce Harper signed with the Phillies

Now wait a couple of years and get Trout.

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Bryce Harper signed with the Phillies

??????????????????????????

10 hours ago, joemas6 said:

??????????????????????????

Looks like ham fell for fake news and so did I.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:55 AM, trini said:

The guy that is gonna lead my Franchise...gotta have some Alpha in him...my alpha gotta disagree if not in agreement with coaches.... but will continue to command and lead the troops. I expect my top dog to be strong willed and stubborn and a whole lot of other behaviors spoken about in a negative way by this article. I want all that in my Franchise leader and future of the team.

Agree. But it looked like (opinion only) a couple (maybe more than a couple) of times Wentz left the field after a failed 3rd down play in a POUTY way. Like he never believed the play would work when it was called.  That's not being a LEADER.  He needs to mature and hopefully he will. 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah,got to watch Perriman at UCF most weekends.Only word I can come up with was "spectacular".Bad injury probs in the NFL. So maybe he's back,maybe he's not.just give him the chance to show us(or anyone).Dang Wrang,if he's 90% he'd be brutal in GB

Stupid question, but what's the fascination with Perriman? He was a first round bust with the Ravens and hasn't been able to stick anywhere since.  What does that tell you about the person.....not the player.....the person?  He's not talented ENOUGH to overcome whatever baggage he has. Or he just isn't talented enough period.

Fournette?  Why are fans clamoring for him so badly?  To me it seems as if he is a guy that plays when he wants to.  I don't want that kind of player in my locker room.  We've seen them before.  Not good for a team.

32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

ZZZZZZ boring time of year.I hate it

What? You're not excited, so excited, so dang excited for the Super Bowl coming up this Sunday?      wait for it......... neither am I.

As for the Pro Bowl....... what is that game? It's HORRIBLE!  Why play it? It's stupid!  Touch football at best. Put flags on them or just do skills challenges.  Painful thing they call a GAME.  I couldn't watch it for more than 5 minutes.....turned it to golf and watching golf bores me to tears.  I love playing golf, but watching it is like watching paint dry.  Come to think of it, watching paint dry may be more entertaining than the pro bowl. haha.

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

Looks like ham fell for fake news and so did I.

I believe Harper will sign here.   Good chance anyway.   It just didn't happen yet, that was the BS.  It's been an annoying process, I'm good waiting until its actually official... no more inside scoops or jumping the gun.  

3 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

As for the Pro Bowl....... what is that game? It's HORRIBLE!  Why play it? It's stupid!  Touch football at best. Put flags on them or just do skills challenges.  Painful thing they call a GAME.  I couldn't watch it for more than 5 minutes.....turned it to golf and watching golf bores me to tears.  I love playing golf, but watching it is like watching paint dry.  Come to think of it, watching paint dry may be more entertaining than the pro bowl. haha.

It was pretty funny that in a game of no defense the Cowboys coaching squad couldn’t get them to score any points. I think they scored after using Zeke on a fake punt to extend the drive. The only time they scored. Fake punt for thePro Bowl should be illegal.

10 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Agree. But it looked like (opinion only) a couple (maybe more than a couple) of times Wentz left the field after a failed 3rd down play in a POUTY way. Like he never believed the play would work when it was called.  That's not being a LEADER.  He needs to mature and hopefully he will. 

Wow... what a difference a year makes.   Last year, same behavior would have  gotten a response like ... "Wentz is a leader because he cares, his emotions will rub off on everyone else ... unlike McNabb who just came off the field smiling"   

My take.. try not to be inside someone's head.   Kinda like "the smirk heard around the world about 12 days ago"  not our place to be inside someone's head.   I would much rather just look at the work on the field.    But if you forced me to guess.  I don't think Wentz was happy running the RPOs, which looked like they called them too often for my taste.   My reasoning, I felt the offense was the best I've ever seen an Eagles offense in my lifetime, whle Wentz was running his style last year.  Ability to alter a play with a small adjustment.   The RPO stuff already predetermines the factor in which the QB will make his post snap decision.   That's good for someone you have less confidence in, I think it works for a guy like Foles. Wentz, I would prefer him to have more control, get away from either handoff or throw a slant to Ertz.  Allow him to move Agholor in motion, adjust whre the RB lines up, give a hnad signal to Alshon to change his route.   To me it all seemed to predetermed.  More predictable this year.    And I can see why, they started out that way from training camp running those plays for Foles, Wentz was the adjustment this year, unlike last year when the offense had to adjust to Foles.   2019 we start with Wentz day 1, plays should be different, mindset should be different right from the start.  Results shuld be better.  

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I believe Harper will sign here.   Good chance anyway.   It just didn't happen yet, that was the BS.  It's been an annoying process, I'm good waiting until its actually official... no more inside scoops or jumping the gun.  

Are you a big baseball fan too?  Funny thing, since I fell in love with the Eagles as a young kid, I decided I liked the other Philly pro sports teams too. Favorite basketball player was Dr. J!  Loved it when they finally beat the hated Celtics/Pistons and Lakers!

Became a big Mike Schmidt and Steve Carlton fan.  Then the 1982 (I think '82 or '86 strike) happened and I stopped watching baseball COMPLETELY.

Later when Iverson signed with the Sixers.....I just couldn't root for that guy.  So I just left the NBA behind too.

Ever since it has been all EAGLES, ALL THE TIME for me. 

Just now, senhorcook said:

Are you a big baseball fan too?  Funny thing, since I fell in love with the Eagles as a young kid, I decided I liked the other Philly pro sports teams too. Favorite basketball player was Dr. J!  Loved it when they finally beat the hated Celtics/Pistons and Lakers!

Became a big Mike Schmidt and Steve Carlton fan.  Then the 1982 (I think '82 or '86 strike) happened and I stopped watching baseball COMPLETELY.

Later when Iverson signed with the Sixers.....I just couldn't root for that guy.  So I just left the NBA behind too.

Ever since it has been all EAGLES, ALL THE TIME for me. 

Sen, I'm a native of the Philly area... we like all sports here.  For me, pro sports, not much into college at all anymore.  

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Wow... what a difference a year makes.   Last year, same behavior would have  gotten a response like ... "Wentz is a leader because he cares, his emotions will rub off on everyone else ... unlike McNabb who just came off the field smiling"   

My take.. try not to be inside someone's head.   Kinda like "the smirk heard around the world about 12 days ago"  not our place to be inside someone's head.   I would much rather just look at the work on the field.    But if you forced me to guess.  I don't think Wentz was happy running the RPOs, which looked like they called them too often for my taste.   My reasoning, I felt the offense was the best I've ever seen an Eagles offense in my lifetime, whle Wentz was running his style last year.  Ability to alter a play with a small adjustment.   The RPO stuff already predetermines the factor in which the QB will make his post snap decision.   That's good for someone you have less confidence in, I think it works for a guy like Foles. Wentz, I would prefer him to have more control, get away from either handoff or throw a slant to Ertz.  Allow him to move Agholor in motion, adjust whre the RB lines up, give a hnad signal to Alshon to change his route.   To me it all seemed to predetermed.  More predictable this year.    And I can see why, they started out that way from training camp running those plays for Foles, Wentz was the adjustment this year, unlike last year when the offense had to adjust to Foles.   2019 we start with Wentz day 1, plays should be different, mindset should be different right from the start.  Results shuld be better.  

Let's hope that's exactly the case.  That would be awesome.

My point about the whole LEADER aspect....there are many ways to lead, but no one would ever put the word pouting in the same sentence as leader.  He's young.  He just needs to grow and continue to learn and mature.  Natural progression for most of us.

Just now, senhorcook said:

Let's hope that's exactly the case.  That would be awesome.

My point about the whole LEADER aspect....there are many ways to lead, but no one would ever put the word pouting in the same sentence as leader.  He's young.  He just needs to grow and continue to learn and mature.  Natural progression for most of us.

IDK that he is pouting?   That's your observation.   Like I said, last year it would have been seen as a guy who cares.   doesnt let the failing slide by so easily.     Like when Brady and Manning do it.     But remember keep smiling #5 will always love you!

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Sen, I'm a native of the Philly area... we like all sports here.  For me, pro sports, not much into college at all anymore.  

I thought it was an Eagles town!  The Sixers have been dreadful for a LONG time. I remember seeing the Phillies won the Series once several years ago.

I watch SOME college football because my nephew insists I watch the Boise State games with him. He likes my insights on offensive strategy I guess. The targeting rule of ejecting players and the stopping every other play to review whether the ball should be on the 31 or the 31 1/2 yard line after a 2nd down play.......kind of thing keeps me away from college football.  And the fact that there are too many games of Alabama playing bo diddly nobody and it's 60-0 mid 2nd quarter with third stringers playing.  Wow. Exciting. NOT!