DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No. A few years ago..yes. It actually already happened. Agholor was last though.

But JMatt is a better fit here than elsewhere (seemingly like Foles kind of). Agholor seems like a better fit elsewhere than here unfortunately. Also unfortunately it seems Tate is also a better fit elsewhere than here.

To be clear I should have separated each line in its own paragraph. I’m not saying JMatt is better than Tate. I’m referring to the universal fit league wide. Tate is better universally. JMatt is limited to being a fit here. ***just to clarify and not confuse anyone

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So should the QB see who is covering his receiver?   That's kinda part of being a QB isn;t it?   so underthrowing a potential TD pass is bad enough, doing it with a speed guy in coverage only makes it worse.    

Now you let your imagination run crazy wild on you. I just talked all about how Lattimore is faster than Ertz. Ertz wasn’t running away from Lattimore for a TD. C’mon man. And you referred to him as a speed guy even. Geez!

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Now you let your imagination run crazy wild on you. I just talked all about how Lattimore is faster than Ertz. Ertz wasn’t running away from Lattimore for a TD. C’mon man. And you referred to him as a speed guy even. Geez!

Yeah, could have been if the pass was thrown where it should have been, ball would have been caught inside the 20 ... not too many strides needed for Ertz to catch it on the 18 or so and then score with momentum going forward,  Even if he gets touched inside the ten he could fall in the end zone.  You would guess the initial reaction for the CB would be to look at the ball, not make an immediate tackle.  One step delay could have easily been a TD.  First and goal at minimum.   We won't ever know because of the key mistake by Foles.   Very key play in the game, some say it was THE key play.  

Speed corner in coverage against TE you A) put it up high or B) try and put it on a rope out front?

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019011301/2018/POST2/eagles@saints

Ball should have been thrown to at least the 15 yard line, look how Ertz has to slow down for this thing... a 6'5" guy 3 steps is easily inside the 15 on this play, ball was thrown where Lattimore jumps at the 25.   Bad throw at a key time... plain and simple. 

More importantly... he threw for 72 yards the rest of the way... with one play throwing it 8 yards behind the line and Sproles taking it 22 yards for a 14 yard gain.  Awful.   

A faster corner on a slower player giving a step in coverage sometimes is referred to as baiting. Lattimore was looking back at the QB the whole time.

LOL.. the Foles mist!    

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

More importantly... he threw for 72 yards the rest of the way... with one play throwing it 8 yards behind the line and Sproles taking it 22 yards for a 14 yard gain.  Awful.   

Now the Saints had effectively two weeks off before playing this game in their home Superdome. We scrapped for weeks just to get in the playoffs. Went to Chicago against arguably the best defense in the league. Flew home and then went to play in New Orleans. But I’m sure none of that was a factor in them seeming more fresh as the game went on and us appearing to tire.

And Foles was still rolling at the end. I believe he had that other twenty five(or whatever) yards in him for the win. Was Alshon a bit fatigued at that point? I was screaming at the TV to just wait for the two minute warning but....

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Now the Saints had effectively two weeks off before playing this game in their home Superdome. We scrapped for weeks just to get in the playoffs. Went to Chicago against arguably the best defense in the league. Flew home and then went to play in New Orleans. But I’m sure none of that was a factor in them seeming more fresh as the game went on and us appearing to tire.

Absolutely ... Foles arm was tired on that throw to Ertz.  His arm was tired missing other guys that were open too.  

And Foles was still rolling at the end. I believe he had that other twenty five(or whatever) yards in him for the win. Was Alshon a bit fatigued at that point? I was screaming at the TV to just wait for the two minute warning but....

Yeah... 6 for 12 with 44 yards without two completions in a row during the second half was really rolling .... phew he was hot!    Maybe the mist cooled him off?  

That’s what I was talking about last night. How close we were. If we had won the division? That was one game during the season away. We would have played at home for Wild Card weekend. Against a less physical team than the Bears. Would that have given us any extra juice in New Orleans? I have to believe so.

That’s what I was talking about last night. How close we were. If we had won the division? That was one game during the season away. We would have played at home for Wild Card weekend. Against a less physical team than the Bears. Would that have given us any extra juice in New Orleans? I have to believe so.

I agree... would have given Foles extra juice on that throw to go up 21-0.   But he was red hot in hte second half leading up the the Alsho drop ...lol.  

Just now, joemas6 said:

I agree... would have given Foles extra juice on that throw to go up 21-0.   But he was red hot in hte second half leading up the the Alsho drop ...lol.  

I couldn't even type well, I was laughing so hard at this point.   

Lattimore was looking back baiting that throw

Who took the bait?   

And Foles was rolling on that last drive. But before the last drive: I believe there was 8.5 minutes left in the fourth. First down run for almost two yards. He hit Tate in the hands on 2nd and 8. Tate dropped it(defender got on him also). 3rd and 8 Foles misses Ertz on an overthrow. Ertz covered by a corner had no separation. Punt. That summed up the offensive performance on the day for the most part. No running game, WR drop and then bad pass by Foles.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Who took the bait?   

Sounds like you did by thinking Ertz was wide open

Concerning the O later:the offense did lose their best Olineman this season mid game

And Foles was rolling on that last drive. But before the last drive: I believe there was 8.5 minutes left in the fourth. First down run for almost two yards. He hit Tate in the hands on 2nd and 8. Tate dropped it(defender got on him also). 3rd and 8 Foles misses Ertz on an overthrow. Ertz covered by a corner had no separation. Punt. That summed up the offensive performance on the day for the most part. No running game, WR drop and then bad pass by Foles.

Absolutely ... the quick summary of weeks 3 to 14 ... Wentz was bad and mean to his OC... nothing else happened.     Lattimore made the defensive play of the century, ball wasn't even underthrown, nor was it a bad decision.  It was Ertz fault for not being able to come back to he ball enough with his poor athleticism.    Plus the wind in the Superdome is tricky.  

But the defense can’t be let off the hook. They seemed to play pretty good but just couldn’t get off the field on too many third downs. Long third downs at that.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sounds like you did by thinking Ertz was wide open

My fault... bad throw by me.   The mist is real i'm telling you.   At no point can you admit Foles was bad ... even on the key mistake of the game for him ... either by decision or throw... somehow you can't say it was Foles fault?     That's the mist.    Eventually you'll spin it to where it was Wentz fault.  

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But the defense can’t be let off the hook. They seemed to play pretty good but just couldn’t get off the field on too many third downs. Long third downs at that.

The defense was playing possom... baiting Lutz to miss that FG, similar to Lattimore with that outstanding play to bait the Eagles QB who was not Foles at the time to make that poor throw 10 yards behind Ertz.   It was just strategy.  

I said multiple times it was underthrown by Foles. Take the wax out of your keyboard ears. I said the main mistake is he should have got the ball out earlier on the throw. Go back and count the posts I said these things. It’s been several.

You said Foles sucked. I just don’t agree with that. He was up and down. And that’s how I’d describe the whole team(except the RBs that could do nothing). Could have been better. Was much better than Wentz was versus the Saints. And I absolutely believe as far as Foles play goes...he was going down to win it at the end.