DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

After Jernigan then it’s does Peters retire? The Agholor situation looms. To keep him means extending most likely. Whether Long retires also is a factor. But I just don’t see that one. He had a very good season.

9 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

We don’t have a 3rd round pick not sure guys falling to round 3 helps us 

I don’t want to overpay for a guy. I’d rather trade back than do that. All depends on how they have the S ranked. And how they come off the board. Maybe the top guy on Douglas board is worth our second second rounder...not sure. But will he still be there or was he higher on someone else’s board? On one hand, Young S have been doing well straight out of the draft lately. On the other hand I don’t think this class is as good at the position. Not on the top end anyway. Like I said, I feel like a solid third and fourth round grouping in this class. Not sure many think Adderley is but so pro ready coming from Delaware. Thompson from Bama had all kinds of buzz but was exposed the second half of the season.

6 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Dont see JP retiring think he is back another year

You might be right. I just believe he should. So maybe that’s more my opinion than reality.

22 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

DWD I think I just clearly established that Foles wasn’t to blame in the third quarter. The Saints had  the ball the whole time. They kept committing penalties and our D kept letting them off the hook. It was an 11:28 drive

Welp we lost,but a better game than the first BLOWOUT.Saints made the adjust at the half and totally ruled the second(and we had no answer).I remember they were in position to score(yet another) TD and kicked the FG out of mercy lol

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

After Jernigan then it’s does Peters retire? The Agholor situation looms. To keep him means extending most likely. Whether Long retires also is a factor. But I just don’t see that one. He had a very good season.

Ham, with you here ... Jernigan and Agholor are next... pressing.  They both can be done prior to the new league year.   Peters retiring???  IDK... I'm 50-50 ... while I may lean towards your opinion... its our opinions, what matters is his opinion.  My feeling on that is that it won't be addressed in time ... ie March 13 ... and same with Long.   Agholor and Jernigan are pressing.   And yeah .. Agholor is either signing an extension or he won't be an Eagle.    

But even if we trade him ... still doesn't have his $9 mil come off the book in time for the new league year deadline.   He would have to be a cut.   That's tough letting him walk for ZERO.. .not even a comp pick.   My guess is they sign him to an extension, just seems easiest to do.     Tate agreeing to a new deal ASAP could change everything though.  

This is where I hope people see that anything other than Foles getting out of his contract and buying his free agency ... just creates a ton of work and possible problems for Howie to get under the cap by March 13.   Certainly putting a tag on him and having teh cap space tied up isn't something they need either.  

Guys I have as possible first picks 1) Adderly(S),Mullen(CB),Wilkins(DT),Gary(DT).Also would look at the following FA's Ansah(DE) and Jarrett(DT)

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ham, with you here ... Jernigan and Agholor are next... pressing.  They both can be done prior to the new league year.   Peters retiring???  IDK... I'm 50-50 ... while I may lean towards your opinion... its our opinions, what matters is his opinion.  My feeling on that is that it won't be addressed in time ... ie March 13 ... and same with Long.   Agholor and Jernigan are pressing.   And yeah .. Agholor is either signing an extension or he won't be an Eagle.    

But even if we trade him ... still doesn't have his $9 mil come off the book in time for the new league year deadline.   He would have to be a cut.   That's tough letting him walk for ZERO.. .not even a comp pick.   My guess is they sign him to an extension, just seems easiest to do.     Tate agreeing to a new deal ASAP could change everything though.  

Tate could only agree. We can’t actually sign him. Tate we get that comp pick to compensate for the price we paid to get him. And Tate is a better player than he is a fit here IMO. He’s ok here. So I’m leaning towards what you say of extending Ag as the solution.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Tate could only agree. We can’t actually sign him. Tate we get that comp pick to compensate for the price we paid to get him. And Tate is a better player than he is a fit here IMO. He’s ok here. So I’m leaning towards what you say of extending Ag as the solution.

I thought you can sign your own players?   Been like that every year?

FL could you give me/us a breakdown of this S class. Wondering how you feel about everyone. I don’t like any enough to be first rounders.

Just now, joemas6 said:

I thought you can sign your own players?   Been like that every year?

Do we have money with the Foles situation?

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don't matter... we can sign him now, just need to get out from under the cap on the last day.    But we would cut Agholor if we signed Tate.   I'm with you though ... extending Agholor probably saves the most cap space.. plus puts us in line to get the comp pick for Tate.  Makes the most sense to do it this way.  

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

FL could you give me/us a breakdown of this S class. Wondering how you feel about everyone. I don’t like any enough to be first rounders.

Well depending on what happens here S could be a bit more pressing.Signing a rook would insure we have one side covered for possibly 5 years.I could see us waiting until round 2 however.IF we see a decent run on QB's and RB's,then I would hit the line(either O or D) with pick 1 and hope our S falls into 2

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Don't matter... we can sign him now, just need to get out from under the cap on the last day.    But we would cut Agholor if we signed Tate.   I'm with you though ... extending Agholor probably saves the most cap space.. plus puts us in line to get the comp pick for Tate.  Makes the most sense to do it this way.  

Good point

By looking at and wanting say an Ansah,or Jarrett,I would be comfortable then going BPA if we can cover DE and DT in FA

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well depending on what happens here S could be a bit more pressing.Signing a rook would insure we have one side covered for possibly 5 years.I could see us waiting until round 2 however.IF we see a deecnt run on QB's and RB's,then I would hit the line*either O or D) with pick 1 and hope our S falls into 2

I’m of the thinking none are worthy of round one anyway. Thompson from Bama was the guy that could have been. But he got abused. Not sure I would even take him day two now. I like Thornhill from UVA.

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

By looking at and wanting say an Ansah,or Jarrett,I would be comfortable then going BPA if we can cover DE and DT in FA

If by some way we could get them BOTH,I would certainly look at S as the first pick(like Greedy Williams but also assume he would be gone by 25)

I’m of the thinking none are worthy of round one anyway. Thompson from Bama was the guy that could have been. But he got abused. Not sure I would even take him day two now. I like Thornhill from UVA.

yeah Thorn is cool,would be fine with him in 2.Possibly we lose a round 2 pick to get a 3 and something else??

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We have Jernigan, Cox and Hester at DT. Not really a need.

We have Jernigan, Cox and Hester at DT. Not really a need.

Depends what happens with Jern no?

We have Barnett, Long, Bennett,Sweat. With Cox being able to play DE. Not sure I’d call it a need either. A few free agents that should be cheap with big upsides still as options also. I like Jeremiah Attaochu. Eli Harold a possibility also. As they would technically be the fourth DE.

We have Barnett, Long, Bennett,Sweat. With Cox being able to play DE. Not sure I’d call it a need either. A few free agents that should be cheap with big upsides still as options also. I like Jeremiah Attaochu. Eli Harold a possibility also. As they would technically be the fourth DE.

Just saying kick the tires here,can't hurt.maybe some are better than what we have? I'm all for the "family" thing,but we need the best players on the field

Like I was saying I see several third or fourth round S prospects.

We dont have a 3rd bud,waiting till the 4th you are in different tier territory.Suppose it depends how much you feel we need a decent S

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

We dont have a 3rd bud,waiting till the 4th you are in different tier territory.Suppose it depends how much you feel we need a decent S

Too early to worry about that specific. We can trade players. Tradeup or back in the draft....

How many picks do we make exactly where the original was anyway