DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We dont have a 3rd bud,waiting till the 4th you are in different tier territory.Suppose it depends how much you feel we need a decent S

I DO see a possiblity of us trading back with a 2nd and something else.We shall see

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Too early to worry about that specific. We can trade players. Tradeup or back in the draft....

How many picks do we make exactly where the original was anyway

Not worried.If there is a player we want and think he will fall trade back.I am simply going with what the picks are as of now and if we DONT move.I know we DO,but you cant base a mock on that either lol

58 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You might be right. I just believe he should. So maybe that’s more my opinion than reality.

JP health is my concern but at the same time fully healthy(hell even hampered) he is still a top 10 T....

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t want to overpay for a guy. I’d rather trade back than do that. All depends on how they have the S ranked. And how they come off the board. Maybe the top guy on Douglas board is worth our second second rounder...not sure. But will he still be there or was he higher on someone else’s board? On one hand, Young S have been doing well straight out of the draft lately. On the other hand I don’t think this class is as good at the position. Not on the top end anyway. Like I said, I feel like a solid third and fourth round grouping in this class. Not sure many think Adderley is but so pro ready coming from Delaware. Thompson from Bama had all kinds of buzz but was exposed the second half of the season.

I believer in the BPA approach so you don’t reach for guys....And I think this draft fits well with our needs.... I do believe Adderly is a late first early 2nd round talent but at the same time think we have a legit chance at a top 15 talent in wilkins(my mock pick) at 25 I would take Wilkins over Adderly any day 

I believe in the first round the Eagles will have a list of guys we love at 25(I am thinking around 6-7 guys maybe couple more) If one of our guys is available at 25 we pull the trigger if not could see a move back 

41 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We have Barnett, Long, Bennett,Sweat. With Cox being able to play DE. Not sure I’d call it a need either. A few free agents that should be cheap with big upsides still as options also. I like Jeremiah Attaochu. Eli Harold a possibility also. As they would technically be the fourth DE.

Isn’t. Long a FA???? And he is still considering retirement would not lock him in yet ....And not ready to give up Sweat still has not shown he can play in this league yet....So right now we have 2 DEs(Barnett coming off injury) Bennett is 33 I believe....DE I would see as a need same as DT not sold on Hester 

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Isn’t. Long a FA???? And he is still considering retirement would not lock him in yet ....And not ready to give up Sweat still has not shown he can play in this league yet....So right now we have 2 DEs(Barnett coming off injury) Bennett is 33 I believe....DE I would see as a need same as DT not sold on Hester 

Long still under contract for like 5.3 mil or something

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:50 PM, joemas6 said:

Yep... my computer says 2 degrees here ... lol.   

Boise, Idaho is 50 degrees today.  Fantastic winter we are having!  No snow.  woohoo!

19 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I believer in the BPA approach so you don’t reach for guys....And I think this draft fits well with our needs.... I do believe Adderly is a late first early 2nd round talent but at the same time think we have a legit chance at a top 15 talent in wilkins(my mock pick) at 25 I would take Wilkins over Adderly any day 

Yeah Wilkins was #1 on my very first mock(only made 3 so far unlike the 5100 I did in the past lol)

I'd like JPeters to play one more season and help Mailata progress. We as fans all seem to have big hopes/expectations for a guy that has never played this game before.  He is going to need someone like JP to teach him in action.  I see NO ONE better than JP to do that.

I want Sproles to play one more year too.  Just because I love his play.  He is exciting!  And seems to be a fantastic teammate.

The NFL is all about youth.  When they implemented the rookie wage scale, it changed the dynamics of the league. A smart GM was going to ride the young, and cheaper players.

Here's my concern about the Eagles in 2019.  Too many STARTERS coming back off major injuries - McLeoud looks to be one with the restructuring today.  Hicks? Barnett? Jernigan? Mills? Darby? That's half of the defense. Assuming of course you bring them all back.  Ajayi? JPeters with the back? Brooks? Wentz with the back; although, I think this is much ado about nothing.  I still think there is a lot more there that we will never know about.  NOT in terms of injury.

I love playoff football.  Holding penalties, both offensive line and defensive backs, are RARELY called even though they happen.  The smart coaches know it. 

I expect the Patriots DBs to maul the Rams WRs and get away with it.  I think that's the only way they slow the Rams down. I would love to scheme against the Patriots defense as an offensive coach.  There LBs suck! Their DBs, other than Gilman, are as average as they get. And they have ONE good pass rusher.  So how have they been able to slow anyone down? They get physical in the playoffs because they know they can.

I would dare bet there has been 5 TOTAL offensive line holding penalties in the entire playoffs this year.  Why did the league leading Chiefs not sack Brady even one time?  Hmmmm. I wonder. I think the Rams will get pressure on Brady, IF AND ONLY IF, the DBs play aggressive and tight coverage on the Patriots WRs forcing Brady to hold the ball longer than he likes.

Dang I wish the Eagles were playing in the game on Sunday!  I'm fired up thinking about the possibilities.

First 3 (prefer Wilkins at 25) If he;s not there Rashan Gary(DE/DT),2)53-my new guy Taylor Rapp-S-Washington 3)Yodney Cajuste(LOT) WV

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

First 3 (prefer Wilkins at 25) If he;s not there Rashan Gary(DE/DT),2)53-my new guy Taylor Rapp-S-Washington 3)Yodney Cajuste(LOT) WV

Grab Cajuste,let him learn from an ALL pro,let peters play another year(and this kid could spell him when needed)

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Bennett can play DT on third and longs. Cox can play DE. So there is some versatility and options there.

That versatility doesn’t matter much when you only have 4 guys in a system that is high on rotation and thrives off the success of the DL 

Cook, McCourty is a good S. Especially the second half of the season. And Bellicheat knows how to get the most out of Chung. Jason McCourty is decent at the other CB spot from Gilmore whom is elite. I like Van Noy and Hightower at LB for them. Flowers pass rushing works well beyond their run stuffing up the middle guys. 

Jernigan,Cox,Hester,Bennett,Barnett,Long and if you add in Sweat. That’s six(7 counting Sweat). 4 at a time with Cox and Bennett being flexible to play across the line. We need to add a guy. But it doesn’t have to be a DE AND a DT. If we added a cheap free agent like Attaochu that would be good. I think we all want great and dominating though.  So what will that take?

Cook we have Lane to be a player to lead by example at T. Hard to take up huge cap room for a coach though. I’m all for moving Peters into the Oline assistant position(technically already filled...but you know what I mean). I want to win a title this next season. Going to need to cut some fat...aging fat at that. Sproles kind of fits the bill as well. I love rooting for Peters and Sproles... but there time is over. They just can’t stay healthy now for several seasons. It’s just business.

Safety:

1)Taylor Rapp - Washington

2)Deionte Thompson - Alabama

3)Nasir Adderly - Delaware

4)Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - Florida

5)Johnathan Abram - Mississippi State

6)Amani Hooker - Iowa

7)Jaquan Johnson - Miami (Fla.)

8)Blace Brown - Troy

9)Marvell Tell III - Southern California

10)Sheldrick Redwine - Miami (Fla.)

Arizona Cardinals site S rankings

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Safety:

1)Taylor Rapp - Washington

2)Deionte Thompson - Alabama

3)Nasir Adderly - Delaware

4)Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - Florida

5)Johnathan Abram - Mississippi State

6)Amani Hooker - Iowa

7)Jaquan Johnson - Miami (Fla.)

8)Blace Brown - Troy

9)Marvell Tell III - Southern California

10)Sheldrick Redwine - Miami (Fla.)

Yeah Rapp and Adderly.I would like to have either

This only a week old ranking. They don’t even have my guy in the top ten. Missing a few others also. Kind of seeing the ranking varying depending on taste from site to site.

So, has anyone really figured out Ziggy Ansah's age. Some say 27 and some say 29. LOL If I was Ziggy it would be 27.