DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

You guys GB and Ham, Making up your draft picks before we have free agency. It could all change. You know that Howie likes to make trades as well.

New mock(through round 5) 1-25)Wilkins/Gary  2-53)-Rapp 2-57- cajuste 4-127)Bryce Love-RB-Stanford 4-138)Michael Dieter-OG-Wisconsin 5-164)Paris Campbell-WR-Ohio St

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

You guys GB and Ham, Making up your draft picks before we have free agency. It could all change. You know that Howie likes to make trades as well.

Sure just playin around lol

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

That’s why I’m saying don’t concern yourself with the actual mock draft positioning stuff as much. I’m more concerned with the overall ranking, evaluating and scheme fit. Once you know all the options then you can make educated guesses and moves to get what you need. I am feeling like we stick to our first round pick this year though. Good strong draft. Somebody has to fall to us. Last year I believe we take Sony Michel if the Pats didn’t snake us.

And wrangler it all ties in together. Big picture. We need to figure out who keep, who we cut, who we trade, what free agents to target and what draft picks to target. Heck then you have trade options. One of them doesn’t happen without the other. You must consider the whole picture for each phase.

Ham DO like Thornhill,just kinda falls between my pick "gaps".Rapp really impressive.Cajuste TRUE LEFT OT,and who better to learn behind eh?

But concerning our top three picks: 25, 53 and 57 I’m figuring we are choosing from our top 25 guys overall in the draft. About half the picks we won’t have ranked as high. QBs, 3-4 fit guys, character concerns....

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

New mock(through round 5) 1-25)Wilkins/Gary  2-53)-Rapp 2-57- cajuste 4-127)Bryce Love-RB-Stanford 4-138)Michael Dieter-OG-Wisconsin 5-164)Paris Campbell-WR-Ohio St

Sure just playin around lol

BTW Bryce Love is getting no love on the boards.I'd snag him in 4 NP

Also believe my sleeper RB Trayveon Williams is being severely underrated

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

FL, I just don’t see a S making my top 25. That’s our first three picks in my opinion.

I do,thats where we differ

Like Rapp alot because from what I have seen he HUSTLES.Very rare when he takes a play off(we all have bad days we dont want to remember).But believe his no quit attitude is something we need in the secondary

Who's the one on here from Boise? Bet he could tell us more about Rapp

17 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Wrang-today was a FL day,run the AC and heat in the same day HAHAHA(UGH)

Not bad to aid the draft strategy team. Let’s just really nail our top 35 overall Big Board. After that just vet guys we like for day three. That could really simplify the process for draft success.

1/21/19: In 2018, Thornhill recorded 98 tackles with six interceptions and seven passes broken up. He goes under the radar, but some team sources feel that he is the second best safety in the 2019 NFL Draft and worthy of going early in the second round. Evaluators like his instincts and his ability to make plays on the ball. They feel he can cover tight ends, has better than expected range, and could fit as a free safety in the NFL. The 6-foot-1, 212-pound Thornhill also has quality size. Teams don't think he will make it to the third round of the 2019 NFL draft.

per Walter Football 

But the other site I showed didn’t have him as top ten S even LOL

draft boards seem a little more all over the place this year. Doesn’t seem to be much of a consensus going on

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

draft boards seem a little more all over the place this year. Doesn’t seem to be much of a consensus going on

No extreme variances Other than Bosa as a top 5 lol)

I kinda look at Draftek some because they update ALOT.Not saying their big board is the gospel,but you can see player movement(according to them).CBS for some reason is DOA

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ham go look at the site again.Sometimes they put S's in as CB's

That’s a big key FL is date of update. Like you can see some of stuff I’ve been posting has been from the last week. Draft boards from November are only but so relevant.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s a big key FL is date of update. Like you can see some of stuff I’ve been posting has been from the last week. Draft boards from November are only but so relevant.

We have a LONG way to go and you know the combine will affect draft stock

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We have a LONG way to go and you know the combine will affect draft stock

Especially the skill positions(WR,RB,S,CB)

image.thumb.png.268c08082d3a89f1c28aa9ea611e3452.png

This was up on BGN yesterday, thought it convenient. Plenty of deals will still have to be made.