DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Worrilow lost his starting job for two different teams before he came here so depending how you look at him he is mainly an insurance policy. I would say he is another  Najee Goode. We need the Najee Goode's on a team but I don't believe Worrilow is the total package.

Nice to know(like a house) you have an insurance policy lol)

The Crabbs review on the NC St backer is kind of brutal. Calls him a early down LB only(can’t pass cover). Says he has tight hips. And then he dogs him about how his short arms and all make it so he struggles to stack blocks and make plays in the run game.

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Boston College is a power house running team. Duke has the QB being talked highly about in this draft. He was in the playoffs Championship also. Shut down that small Division III school Alabama.

Seperate: this is a review of NC St backer

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/23/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-germaine-pratt/

Pratt I would be interested in

Pratt from Crabbs(scout):

Feet/Change of Direction –Feet look heavy when tasked with going any direction other than "forward”. Struggles to stick his foot in the ground and drive across his momentum when the ball changes pathways quickly. Severely restricted by lower body tightness. 

Football Intelligence –Can appear scatter brained between the tackles, doesn’t always look confident in finding the football. Visual pursuit skills pop the most but putting him into the fire and asking him to process action flashing across his face seems disadvantageous.

Doesn’t have a lot of length to press blocks and challenge ball carriers in the gap.

Block Shedding –Gets glued onto blocks quite easily. Lacking in the needed extension to keep his chest clean in high traffic areas and subsequently gets erased by bigger bodies in high traffic. Also lacking in pop through hands to reset the LOS.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Football Intelligence –Can appear scatter brained between the tackles, doesn’t always look confident in finding the football. Visual pursuit skills pop the most but putting him into the fire and asking him to process action flashing across his face seems disadvantageous.

Doesn’t have a lot of length to press blocks and challenge ball carriers in the gap.

Damn, how did this kid even get on the field. I guess his highlite reel was staged. LOL

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2018-rushing.html  so BC where are they on rushing?(note- my boy Williams is 3rd in yards from scrimmage)

According to this BC was 52nd rushing from scrimmage,so cant claim they are a "powerhouse" rushing team

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2018-rushing.html  so BC where are they on rushing?(note- my boy Williams is 3rd in yards from scrimmage)

Boston College ran three RBs a FB and a QB. But like I said Clemson played those tiny schools Notre Dame and Alabama and shut them down. I mean shut them down!

Just now, 1wrangler said:

Damn, how did this kid even get on the field. I guess his highlite reel was staged. LOL

Of course, even though I like Nigel Bradham, I could probably do a pretty good hatchet job on some of his weaker skills if I wanted to. LOL Brick hands anyone?

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Boston College ran three RBs a FB and a QB. But like I said Clemson played those tiny schools Notre Dame and Alabama and shut them down. I mean shut them down!

Yeah,Joseph plays on the same squad

Yeah,Joseph plays on the same squad

TBH Auburn not really a rushing team either,so "toss up" lol

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Of course, even though I like Nigel Bradham, I could probably do a pretty good hatchet job on some of his weaker skills if I wanted to. LOL Brick hands anyone?

That review by Crabbs on Pratt is brutal. I don’t think he’s that bad. Almost like Pratt slept with his girlfriend or something. LOL He does call him a high motor guy at least.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Clemson also played Georgia Tech the number one rushing team

I know Joseph plays on the same squad

That review by Crabbs on Pratt is brutal. I don’t think he’s that bad. Almost like Pratt slept with his girlfriend or something. LOL He does call him a high motor guy at least.

Obviously, that is why you evaluate the talent by yourself with your own people.

Some talent evaluators get hung up with certain teams players. Don't give them the respect they are due or also get hung up with teams they like and over evaluate their players. I am guilty of that myself. I find it hard to rate Alabama players as high as the draftnicks do. For me its sort of like the Patriot players under Belichick. The Bama players play well for Saban like the Patriot players play well for Belichick but for anyone else, not so much. JMO

FL when I watched film of Lamar I see him really get after the RBs coming out of the backfield in coverage. He attacks that responsibility. So much so the checkdown isn’t an option. Everybody knows he crushes people in the run game and blitzing. That’s universal fact. But I see coverage abilities also. Watched him fight through picks to maintain coverage all the way to the sideline. He needs more experience in pass coverage. But RBs he handled. TEs I believe he can as well. I wouldn’t take him in the first round but....have to consider him after that.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW Ham Tre and Joseph-IDENTICAL- both 38 tackles and 41 assists,so like I said toss 'em up

As I watched both what stood out as the difference(IMO) was Joseph got more penetration.Usually the first guy under the pile,so thats what made me pick him vs Tre

As I watched both what stood out as the difference(IMO) was Joseph got more penetration.Usually the first guy under the pile,so thats what made me pick him vs Tre

(aka higher ceiling)

Off to take my grandson to baseball practice. 70 degrees in sunny Florida. Later

Just now, 1wrangler said:

Off to take my grandson to baseball practice. 70 degrees in sunny Florida. Later

Yep FL day changing from heat to AC right now LOL

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

(aka higher ceiling)

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW Ham Tre and Joseph-IDENTICAL- both 38 tackles and 41 assists,so like I said toss 'em up

Lamar is a junior. Joseph a Senior. Higher ceiling is Lamar I’d say(seems like even you’d say with a toss up between a junior and a senior). Joseph used good football IQ(experience). Lamar is big 6’4” 250. Lamar can take on a blocker. Joseph can’t.

I’m not a Joseph hater. He’s just smaller and less athletic I believe. But almost all LB are smaller than Tre...he’s big.

39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Lamar is a junior. Joseph a Senior. Higher ceiling is Lamar I’d say(seems like even you’d say with a toss up between a junior and a senior). Joseph used good football IQ(experience). Lamar is big 6’4” 250. Lamar can take on a blocker. Joseph can’t.

I’m not a Joseph hater. He’s just smaller and less athletic I believe. But almost all LB are smaller than Tre...he’s big.

Guess we agree to disagree NP thats what the board is for