DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Not fare GB - you know I have Chrissie Hynde fantasies!

Dated her for over 2 years lol(I was 15 she was 18)her band(before the pretenders and mine played "rockin on the river"(the cuyahoga) most weekends

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Better than being in LA or London

LA pretty big music stuff for the west.Same with London in the euro zone,but east/midwest  it's cleveland.If you're country it's nashville

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Never met her. Seems like a force and I like strong personalities

Super nice.Met her playing and we hit it off immediately.She wanted me to go with her to Europe and join the pretenders,but had work,school etc.In HYNDEsite(lol) I shoulda gone!!! Young and stupid

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

LA pretty big music stuff for the west.Same with London in the euro zone,but east/midwest  it's cleveland.If you're country it's nashville

LA and London have been huge for music. I just wouldn’t have visited the place twice if it was in either spot though was my point.

Foles ... very simple.... nothing has changed.

It's in the Eagles best interest to have a deal done ASAP.  So they know their cap situation and know for sure they could get something better than the comp pick.  (My hope is the Giants want him, they don't have a 3rd round pick... would need to be pick #37 this year)  

By saying they will tag Foles, it puts the ball in Foles court to find a team ASAP.    This way he could save the $2 mil buy back.

The new team, the $20mil salary or the franchise tag # is irrelevant.  Neither Foles nor the next team will settle for a one year deal.   The other team could use signing bonus to take the cap hit down and Foles would want more guarantees and multi year commitment from the next team, not just be a one year stop gap.

Now the dates ... Feb 15 is deadline for Eagles to exercise $20 option for 2019... Foles has 5 days to buy it back.  Feb 20.   The Eagles can tag Foles on Feb 19 .. or not until March 5th.      Note the combine is prior to then!    

Chances are that if the Eagles do tag Foles, it will be with a trade already in place, with Foles already having his mutliyear contract.

The Eagles are not "tipping their hand"  The Eagles are getting the ball rolling.   Ham could be correct, bidding war could be happening.   Maybe, but reality is probably nothing is happening and the Eagles are leaking this to get thing moving so they don't have to use the tag.  

As for cap space.. if they spent the extra for the tag, part of it would be offset by getting the $2 mil back.   In the long run after the trade, it would give them more space, since Foles would come off the books regardless of his salary.     The issue is with the tag, they would need to get about $3 mil more under the cap prior to the new league year starting Marcg 13.   They need to be under, even if Foles is traded one minute into the new year.   So moves need to be made .. Jernigan, Agholor etc.    That should be our next news.   

No Mas, great run down. The Eagles did tip their hand already. Pedey declared Wentz is our guy. So we are open for business in trading Foles.  (But let’s not jump the gun by thinking about teams like the Giants not having a third rounder so it must be their second. It could be a 2019 4th and a 2020 3rd. That’s probably where the bidding shall begin. Anything greater than the 2020 3rd comp pick we get for just walking away from him. But let’s not forget players, not just draft picks, are on the table.) I think Rosie can make it happen. We’ll likely only know the end result of the trade. But I would love to know the full list of offers.

Also by saying they will tag him it keeps any thoughts of just becoming a free agent out of his head. And to counter reports the team planned on just letting Foles walk. If you want Fitzgerald or Tyrod don’t bid. If you want a leader to get it done and keep your job =you better break out the trading checkbook. 

Looks like Solak is thinking like me some here. The trade should happen under the option contract. There are risks for Foles opting out. If Rosie tags him it could kill a few options off the table. I would think Foles would want as many different team options as possible. Before the tag he could possibly talk his way out of a bad choice city for himself and get Rosie to take the second best deal. There would be options. The tag could actually scare off option two and three. Then Rosie would be boxed in.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yet nothing at all actually happened. 

Smoke and mirrors,we get it every year

To recap: report comes out Eagles will just let Foles walk. Next report comes out Eagles plan on tagging Foles. Then reporter speculates the Eagles will pick up option.

Everybody got that? They will release him or....opt in and trade him or....opt in and he buys his free agency or....opt in, he opts out and they tag him and trade him or....opt in, he opts out, they tag him and all trades fall through and we have the most expensive backup in the history of the league. Simple. 

Super Bowl prediction: Jared Goff and Tom Brady both suffer brutal injuries in the Super Bowl. Both Head Coaches in the post game interviews discuss how they need an experienced QB to take the reigns next season while their QB is lost. Two more suitors added to the Foled.

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

To recap: report comes out Eagles will just let Foles walk. Next report comes out Eagles plan on tagging Foles. Then reporter speculates the Eagles will pick up option.

Everybody got that? They will release him or....opt in and trade him or....opt in and he buys his free agency or....opt in, he opts out and they tag him and trade him or....opt in, he opts out, they tag him and all trades fall through and we have the most expensive backup in the history of the league. Simple. 

lmao yep every story is a possible.When that happens you are always right HAHA

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Oh I forgot an option: we opt in, he opts out, we tag him, he refuses to sign tag and moves in with LeVeon Bell.

LMAO,Ham you DO have it ALL covered now

Just was messing with Fanspeak.OH man I would be thrilled if this was reality.Based on NFL mock boards/needs Not MY mock but dang this would be fine with me,here's 1st 7 picks (by number not round)1)Dexter Lawrence-DL-Clem 2)Taylor Rapp-S-Wash. 3)Cajuste-OT-WV 4) Germaine Pratt-LB NC St. 5)Renfro-WR-(Wrangs guy)-Clem 6)Love-RB-Stan(my guy) 7)Trysten Hill-DL-UCF

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Foles ... very simple.... nothing has changed.

It's in the Eagles best interest to have a deal done ASAP.  So they know their cap situation and know for sure they could get something better than the comp pick.  (My hope is the Giants want him, they don't have a 3rd round pick... would need to be pick #37 this year)  

By saying they will tag Foles, it puts the ball in Foles court to find a team ASAP.    This way he could save the $2 mil buy back.

The new team, the $20mil salary or the franchise tag # is irrelevant.  Neither Foles nor the next team will settle for a one year deal.   The other team could use signing bonus to take the cap hit down and Foles would want more guarantees and multi year commitment from the next team, not just be a one year stop gap.

Now the dates ... Feb 15 is deadline for Eagles to exercise $20 option for 2019... Foles has 5 days to buy it back.  Feb 20.   The Eagles can tag Foles on Feb 19 .. or not until March 5th.      Note the combine is prior to then!    

Chances are that if the Eagles do tag Foles, it will be with a trade already in place, with Foles already having his mutliyear contract.

The Eagles are not "tipping their hand"  The Eagles are getting the ball rolling.   Ham could be correct, bidding war could be happening.   Maybe, but reality is probably nothing is happening and the Eagles are leaking this to get thing moving so they don't have to use the tag.  

As for cap space.. if they spent the extra for the tag, part of it would be offset by getting the $2 mil back.   In the long run after the trade, it would give them more space, since Foles would come off the books regardless of his salary.     The issue is with the tag, they would need to get about $3 mil more under the cap prior to the new league year starting Marcg 13.   They need to be under, even if Foles is traded one minute into the new year.   So moves need to be made .. Jernigan, Agholor etc.    That should be our next news.   

Are you really Howie? Or maybe his older brother.

I don't see how any normal fan could figure out these league rules.

9 hours ago, joemas6 said:

A few things here. The deadline for the Eagles to pick up Foles option is the 11th, not the 15th, so, Foles has 5 days from the time they officially exercise the option to opt out in writing.