DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Didn't like that penalty, hit the guy from the front, not the side. Going to have to tap a guy on the shoulder and let him know you're going to hit him.

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Didn't like that penalty, hit the guy from the front, not the side. Going to have to tap a guy on the shoulder and let him know you're going to hit him.

Serving a new drink In New Orleans tonight.It's called "3 blind refs" It's POPULAR!!!

Chung goes out, do they go after the replacement? No - they throw into Gilmore's area. McVay left his brain in the playoffs, he's got nothing tonight

SOOOO this game has now moved into 4th place on my all time disaster list,right after the Hindenburg¬†ūüėÜ

Psssst refs - when a defender grabs a receivers' arm so he can't raise it to catch the ball - that's called pass interference, don't tell anyone I told you.

For the rest of us, the refs just won the game for the pats, or the nfl, whichever

11 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

DC and Joe I'm pretty sure you guys argued with me saying this would never happen for a few days till I dropped it. Looks to me now like it is going to happen and I'm not the idiot you guys thought I was. Like I said we can find other ways to get below the cap and if there is a market for him it would be a smart move. I guess the front office agrees. 

DWD, for the record ... relax here.   This is smart for the Eagles to put this out, because it benefits them to get trade talks started early.  It also gets Foles camp to start moving. so they can save the $2 mil     IMO, I don't think they franchise Foles.   If they do, it will be with a deal already in place... not like you make it sound, they will just tag him ASAP and see what happens.       Look at the timeline.   Foles looks for a team before he has to pay back $2 mil.  That's before the tag can even be put on him.   Then the Eagles still have the "THREAT" of the tag... until March 5th.   To me, that leaves them that time to get a deal put in place.  Especially with the combine falling before March 5th deadline.   If you and Ham are correct and teams will "bid" for Foles... then the extra time helps the Eagles.   But they could keep that "threat"of a tag until last minute.   I doubt they tag Foles unless they have a deal, if no deal or at least very close to one by March 5th ... I don't see them taking the risk.  Tying up the cap space.  Yes they will need to get under the cap regardless of tag.  Say they agree to a trade for Foles tomorrow.  He still counts $20 mil vs the cap.  If they tag him ... they get back $2 mil first, so its about $23 mil of cap space.   Either way they need other ways to get below the cap because of the rule... a player can't be traded unless he counts on the cap at the start of the season.    

MY point.... the Eagles would want Foles to come off the books day 1, not have the tag linger for a possible bidding war into the new league year.  At that point it will restrict them from making other moves.   I seriously doubt Foles will be on our books day 2 of the 2019 season. 

I dont think the Eagles want to sit bye while players are getting goobled up while they could have $25 mil to play with?    For what ... the difference between whatever they would get and pick #97 in 2020?   Too much to risk.   

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why would we tag him without exercising option? Really Shefty? We will just give up 2 mil of cap space for no reason on an All in Season. Has he met Rosie?

Can't tag him without exercising option ... as DC says, we need to exercise that option by Feb 11  .. if not, then he walks and we don't even get a comp pick... its like a release.      Since we can't tag him until Feb 19 ... it means we need to exercise option first, to have his rights, then he buys out, then we can tag him.    But I'm wih DC ... we just keep trying to work trade until March 5th deadline .. if nothing is in place, then no tag.   

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Rosie would never leak he was ruling out two possible suitors in Wash and NY. Why kill the market? All things being equal I’d trade him outside the division as well. But I wouldn’t tell Jax(just for example) they have less to bid against.

I disagree... I would want to take assets from a division rival.   I mean you basically said we can;t expect Foles to convert 3rd and long, went through a lot of time and effort to try to push blame away from Foles for any failure of this offense, so I don't fear that type of guy on a rival team.   But I would love to take some assets from one of my division rivals!   

Of course ... i'm not advertising that ... right now as we await a trade... Nick is the best QB ever to lace up a pair of spikes!    Gotta pay me for him.. come on NY or Wash!   Bid against each other would be utopia!  

BTW... all the old school guys... the classic defensive struggles guys... I miss when men used to play the game guys.  Today's style game is too much offense etc.      Take a look at last year and this year.   Forget the Eagles were in the SB last year.   As a pure fan of the game, entertainment..... which SB was better.     You got your defense today.   The snooze fest it was.    

This was like the old school wrestling matches... where the headlocks and leg scissor holds would take 5 minutes.... ZZZZZZZZZZ.   

Great defnese today ... nobody can argue... just doesn't translate into good entertainment.  At least it didn't today.  

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

BTW... all the old school guys... the classic defensive struggles guys... I miss when men used to play the game guys.  Today's style game is too much offense etc.      Take a look at last year and this year.   Forget the Eagles were in the SB last year.   As a pure fan of the game, entertainment..... which SB was better.     You got your defense today.   The snooze fest it was.    

This was like the old school wrestling matches... where the headlocks and leg scissor holds would take 5 minutes.... ZZZZZZZZZZ.   

Great defnese today ... nobody can argue... just doesn't translate into good entertainment.  At least it didn't today.  

Nope a snoozer to watch,like watching 11 rounds of boxers dancing around until in the 12th one finally throws a punch.Lowest point SB ever.On a scale of 1-100 entertainment value,I give this a 7,especially after the 2 weeks of HYPE.The commercials SUCKED to and look forward to those,but they were AWFUL.I DID vote for Edelman as MVP.Dude is SO clutch,and he's a SMALL guy.No matter his route running is awesome and he gets that 1 foot of separation Brady can throw in to.Really feel the Saints got ripped and my guess is they woulda won this one.But NOW,it's ALL BIRDS,ALL DAY as we await the start of the offseason extravaganza.Foles,Jernigan rewind,decide what to do with AG and Tate,then we;ll be 1000% concentrated on our future draft picks and snagging FA's.Believe though we started on that when we got knocked out,but now a more concerted effort awaits!!  

So much for McVay being the chosen one, didn't show up for the big show, Goff neither. Wade Phillips and their D did. Refs eyes didn't, more fuel to allow challenges on non-calls.

Pedey's beaten every coach of the year he's faced.

" An important note: The full $20 million Foles would be owed in 2019 does not become guaranteed until five days into the next league year (March 18th). That means if Foles picks up the option, the Eagles could still cut him up until March 18th and free up $20 million in salary cap space.  "

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-shorr-parks/explaining-nick-foles-contract-trade-possibilities

13 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

" An important note: The full $20 million Foles would be owed in 2019 does not become guaranteed until five days into the next league year (March 18th). That means if Foles picks up the option, the Eagles could still cut him up until March 18th and free up $20 million in salary cap space.  "

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-shorr-parks/explaining-nick-foles-contract-trade-possibilities

No, it's the 3rd day.

On April 20, 2018, Foles renegotiated his contract and signed a new two year contract worth up to $29 million in base salary.  The contract pays Foles a $2 million signing bonus in 2018, which represents a $2 million raise from his original contract. There are $14 million in additional incentives available. The 2019 season, which was a void year, is now an option year with a player void clause. The Eagles can opt into the contract, which carries a $20 million salary, by picking up the option a month before the start of the 2019 league year. The salary is guaranteed on the 3rd day of the league year. If the option is exercised Foles may still become a free agent by paying back the $2 million signing bonus he received in 2018 as part of this new contract to void the 2019 league year. The 2020 and 2021 league years will both automatically void prior to the start of the 2020 league year.

https://overthecap.com/player/nick-foles/773/

Darnit, another rumor shot down. Wanted Garrett to make another fruitless attempt at calling his own plays, fail yet again then Jerrah supporting him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/04/jason-garrett-confirms-kellen-moore-will-call-plays/

Rumors are nothing but conjecture to get names in print.

Dunno DC, just quoted the article. In actuality none of it's set in stone. Contracts can simply be torn up if both sides agree. It's another situation where we'll see what we see when we see it.