DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Having Brown would really open things up for Ertz. And the running game. Agholor is kind of the sole deep threat. And he’s in his final year. But he hasn’t produced at a high enough level yet. And I feel he’s a slot receiver. The offense didn’t perform at a championship level. Just no denying that in 2018. The defense dealt with massive injuries. They have more excuse. Got to add to the O. RB is a must also. Outside speed WR. Those two start right away. We have three TEs. 

So alshon is not a deep threat?

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

And once again I will argue that RB's DO make a difference.Rams got schooled on the run and had ZERO answers for it.Pats did it at WILL

That was RB... or OL and play calling?    Are you saying the Rams RBs were the problem... NE's RBs strictly on a talent level are bette than the Rams?    

Just now, joemas6 said:

That was RB... or OL and play calling?    Are you saying the Rams RBs were the problem... NE's RBs strictly on a talent level are bette than the Rams?    

IDK,think it was the Rams D game plan.Michel ran amok.We didn't let that happen.Also Rams-do ANYTHING to get Gurley the ball.They "rested him" for reasons unknown

2 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

I have to stop you right there.

While I appreciate the sentiment, I'm no expert resource. I'm just a fan with perhaps a little too much free time on his hands :lol:

LOL... DC you have the connections ... if you don't know... you know somebody that knows!    

It’s pretty easy to envision Brown’s Potential impact. Think of DJax added to the fold. The offense would be lethal. And this kid has the upside of his cousin Antonio.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s pretty easy to envision Brown’s Potential impact. Think of DJax added to the fold. The offense would be lethal. And this kid has the upside of his cousin Antonio.

Lethal? we had Treggs a BURNER and he was "lethal"? I'd rather have a clutch guy like Edelman

42 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So what would your plan be at WR?

I can't believe i'm saying this ..... DeSean. 

Rams have that funnel run defense problem. Their DT like to penetrate but they aren’t real stout against the run. And their LBing is susceptible. Been the way to attack them for the last two years. Right up the guy.

So how many deep bombs do you throw per game? like 4-5???.Give me the guy who separates 20 yards downfield and I'll beat you every time

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Lethal? we had Treggs a BURNER and he was "lethal"? I'd rather have a clutch guy like Edelman

Burner isn’t enough. Need a great football player also. Treggs is just another example of how many guys they brought in looking for that weapon. I’m not anti Edelman. But he’s a slot receiver. Different position.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I can't believe i'm saying this ..... DeSean. 

Or draft him so you have him for the next ten years.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Burner isn’t enough. Need a great football player also. Treggs is just another example of how many guys they brought in looking for that weapon. I’m not anti Edelman. But he’s a slot receiver. Different position.

4.3,4/4,4.5 You think these guys run that every play? Straight line times are fine as a GAUGE,but how may post patterns can you run?

Welp,your taking a big shot at HOPE using a 1 on a WR and really other than AG(who we had to wait YEARS on),we dont draft them high without proof

Or draft him so you have him for the next ten years.

IDK... my gut tells me they want to go young on the lines.   I know you seem supremely confident in Sweat and Hester .... I don't think they are.   I wouldn't mind WR myself at some point.  If it was with their first pick, knowing them, it means they really like the kid.     But my gut tells me they do line of scrimmage... I think they get 2 DL in the first 3 picks.    

DeSean for 2019 I think owuld be fine.   Probably come cheap too.  

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Re-Edelman-I am aware it;s a different position,however what is the main objective as a WR? To get OPEN.How you accomplish that differs .If Edelman or Gronk dont get open Brady has a tougher time and they don;t win the SB(2 SLOW guys)

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

IDK... my gut tells me they want to go young on the lines.   I know you seem supremely confident in Sweat and Hester .... I don't think they are.   I wouldn't mind WR myself at some point.  If it was with their first pick, knowing them, it means they really like the kid.     But my gut tells me they do line of scrimmage... I think they get 2 DL in the first 3 picks.    

Well,I have DL first,then a S,so still working the D side early.Really want Cajuste as he is a TRUE LEFT OT.Most listed as OT's will pan out to be RT's

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Re-Edelman-I am aware it;s a different position,however what is the main objective as a WR? To get OPEN.How you accomplish that differs .If Edelman or Gronk dont get open Brady has a tougher time and they don;t win the SB(2 SLOW guys)

Ertz,our most reliable weapon,is he a burner? Nope,he gets OPEN 

43 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

They scored 13 points. If Goff doesn’t choke they don’t win.

38 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

And imagine how much more room he would have to operate

40 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I would say Ertz is known as a burner or at least fast at his position.

So you guys want to draft two Dlineman early. While the word is we are looking at a big free agent Dlineman. And we have a good Dline in place already. There are other parts that make up a team.

Seemed to me like the offense was what lacked juice.

58 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I’m not supremely confident in Sweat. But they did spend the pick on him right after spending a first on Barnett. And Sweat is the fourth DE. I actually think Ostman is a good player that’s on the practice squad. I do believe Hester is coming along. Good part of the rotation. He’s the backup DT...so that’s about right. Some good DE hitting free agency potentially. But as it stands you have Bennett that can play inside as well. And Cox can play DE as well. Just seems a starting WR, RB maybe even Olineman hits the field more. Have room for a more developmental Dlineman to work into the rotation.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Last year Edelman was out. They had fast WR, Amendola and Cooks. Brady threw for twice as many yards last year.