DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Hate Belli for cheating, hate the NFL for not doing much about it. Spygate I would have suspended the team for a yr and allow the players to be picked up elsewhere. I can be tough, but they'd only screw up once.

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hate Belli for cheating, hate the NFL for not doing much about it. Spygate I would have suspended the team for a yr and allow the players to be picked up elsewhere. I can be tough, but they'd only screw up once.

Nah you can't punish 53 players and all the staff for the misdeeds of ONE person

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

He's not a #1 ... here he would be a #2.   Better fit.  

How much does a number two cost?

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

wouldn't Hollins be a decent enough #2?

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Nobody would ever think of doing it again. Teams in college get suspended

Right,but the kids dont get paid either lol.Comparing apples to oranges

4 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

And we didnt see nuttin from Wallace either.Could be a decent 2 there also,but feel we need to move on 

21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IMO Renfro would be an awesome slot.He's got the "clutch" skills,kinda like Edelman.A nice compliment to Ertz in the short to mid game

So could we put JMatt on the outside?? I know we did it some before

GB, I'm hearing stories that JMatt believes he is worth more than he actually is. Can't fault him for that but if he holds out he could be on the market for quite a while before he signs.

Just now, 1wrangler said:

GB, I'm hearing stories that JMatt believes he is worth more than he actually is. Can't fault him for that but if he holds out he could be on the market for quite a while before he signs.

See above post about getting Fro.I leaves us with MANY options

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

TB may be interested in him if they let Djax go

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

See above post about getting Fro.I leaves us with MANY options

TB may be interested in him if they let Djax go

I heard the Bears so there is two rumored teams.

I heard the Bears so there is two rumored teams.

Yeah he'd be ok there too

And we didnt see nuttin from Wallace either.Could be a decent 2 there also,but feel we need to move on 

You are correct there GB. Foles was throwing to him before he was hurt. Wentz didn't even get to chuck it at all to Wallace.

5 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

IDK did we use him much here? I mean pay the guys that are on the field lol

You are correct there GB. Foles was throwing to him before he was hurt. Wentz didn't even get to chuck it at all to Wallace.

IDK,hoping seriously Hollins can suit up.Both he and Alshon are BIG guys!!Toss it up there and let them climb the ladder types

IDK did we use him much here? I mean pay the guys that are on the field lol

When you look at our existing wide receivers it is hard to believe that we can't win with these guys. Maybe we ought to draft some good health and keep them.

IDK,hoping seriously Hollins can suit up.Both he and Alshon are BIG guys!!Toss it up there and let them climb the ladder types

Still believe that something is fishy with Hollins. I don't understand how you could miss all that time with the injury he was suppose to have had. Wondering if it is something more.

5 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

When you look at our existing wide receivers it is hard to believe that we can't win with these guys. Maybe we ought to draft some good health and keep them.

Kinda what I was getting at in a back door way when I said "time to move on".I would keep Alshon,see if Hollins can go.Get Fro in the draft,then we have a choice of who else to keep(AG,Tate,JMatt,Wallace) Gives us 2 "vets" and 2 young uns and a BU even if Fro can't go right away

Kinda what I was getting at in a back door way when I said "time to move on".I would keep Alshon,see if Hollins can go.Get Fro in the draft,then we have a choice of who else to keep(AG,Tate,JMatt,Wallace) Gives us 2 "vets" and 2 young uns

How many receivers do the Eagles usually keep on the roster? 6?

Just now, 1wrangler said:

How many receivers do the Eagles usually keep on the roster? 6?

We have that now I believe,but some are injured,so.....gimme 5 healthy guys and use the 6th for another depth spot

We have that now I believe,but some are injured,so.....gimme 5 healthy guys and use the 6th for another depth spot

BTW JMO Renfro> than Gibson at the WORST(and more upside to boot)

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

On RB,if we don't grab Love,then get my sleeper Williams.He;s a BANGER!! very tough runner

Bowl game-236 yards and 3 TD's if he aint on the radar by now he never will be lol

59 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

IDK .... IMO its a specific player to a specific team.    I think 2019 DeSean would come back here pretty cheap.  Howie can figure it out to where it costs a little cap space.  If he gets released by Tampa ... it wouldn't count against the comp pick formula either.    

Vet WR ....   looking to come back to his perceived home ... not expensive ... not counting towards the comp pick formula.   All fits right now, he just needs to get released.   He is scheduled to make $10 mil ... all against the cap ... with ZERO dead money if cut.  Just seems to easy.