DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Not that I care really,but wondering what Denver has up it's sleeve lol.Elway loves to spend money on 2nd rate QB's

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Not that I care really,but wondering what Denver has up it's sleeve lol.Elway loves to spend money on 2nd rate QB's

Don't see it as far as trading for Foles.  

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Read reports that said Miami has no interest in Foles 

So what would the dolphins front office do to try and leverage the best deal they can for themselves to acquire Nick Foles? Put it in the media that they can’t get on the phone with Howie fast enough, or put it in the media that they have no interest in Nick Foles?

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So what would the dolphins front office do to try and leverage the best deal they can for themselves to acquire Nick Foles? Put it in the media that they can’t get on the phone with Howie fast enough, or put it in the media that they have no interest in Nick Foles?

I agree... i'm not even looking at "reports"   I'm going through it in my own mind in what I think other teams should and would do.  Miami???  IDK, does Foles move the needle enough?   Dolphins pick 13 as of now.  Not sure if its high enough to get their desire QB in draft or if its close enough to want to move up?     IDK.  

19 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I agree... i'm not even looking at "reports"   I'm going through it in my own mind in what I think other teams should and would do.  Miami???  IDK, does Foles move the needle enough?   Dolphins pick 13 as of now.  Not sure if its high enough to get their desire QB in draft or if its close enough to want to move up?     IDK.  

Staff changes in Miami could warrant a "lets start over" philosophy,and how better to begin than with a legit QB? That frees them up to acquire players around him in the draft and FA and possibly select another QB in later rounds

Seems to me Howie has a "friendship" thing in Miami.We have traded with them before.Although Howie will take the best deal I can't help but think they have been on the phone at least to see whats required

Staff changes in Miami could warrant a "lets start over" philosophy,and how better to begin than with a legit QB? That frees them up to acquire players around him in the draft and FA and possibly select another QB in later rounds

Best way to begin is drafting the franchise QB ... or it seems like what most guys want to do?    We'll see.  Lots of ideas, I keep coming back to Jax!

33 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Don't see it as far as trading for Foles.  

Nope don't see him going there either

Just now, joemas6 said:

Best way to begin is drafting the franchise QB ... or it seems like what most guys want to do?    We'll see.  Lots of ideas, I keep coming back to Jax!

Jax has lots of needs,this QB field isn't the best one we've had recently and if they wanted to move up what would that cost them?

Seems to me Howie has a "friendship" thing in Miami.We have traded with them before.Although Howie will take the best deal I can't help but think they have been on the phone at least to see whats required

OK.. lets go Foles and 25 for #13 pick!     That's a trend with our teams...lol

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Is there a QB at 13 worth that selection, or is the value of Nick Foles for pick 48 much higher ??

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Jax has lots of needs,this QB field isn't the best one we've had recently and if they wanted to move up what would that cost them?

IDK... they are already at #7.  And a year removed where they should have won the AFC.   That's where getting the established QB and still selecting 7th makes the most sense to me.  Especially with their new OC.     Sure they could draft a QB there too?   

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

IDK... they are already at #7.  And a year removed where they should have won the AFC.   That's where getting the established QB and still selecting 7th makes the most sense to me.  Especially with their new OC.     Sure they could draft a QB there too?   

Think they do one or the other.Foles would be more than a 1 year and frankly there are only a few QB's who could possibly be a franchise type

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Is there a QB at 13 worth that selection, or is the value of Nick Foles for pick 48 much higher ??

IDK about 48 ... I think they have #78 which would work... thats where the "bidding war"  that all us fans want to see can start.   If Miami is willing to give up #78, then it can force Jax up to #69.   Then we can dream it escalates to #48.  Would be awesome! 

Think they do one or the other.Foles would be more than a 1 year and frankly there are only a few QB's who could possibly be a franchise type

Miami at 13,would cost them ALOT to move up to the 5 spot

Yeah,  thats where I see them going for it now.  I think out of all the teams that need a QB... and would put Foles on their roster... Jax would end up the best team by acquiring him.   He could move the needle just by being a game manager for them.  And a presence in the locker room.  I think with other teams he would have to do more.  

Miami at 13,would cost them ALOT to move up to the 5 spot

This is why i think Foles is a possiblity.Jax could draft a QB,they are close enough to move on Haskins

This is why i think Foles is a possiblity.Jax could draft a QB,they are close enough to move on Haskins

Whereas Miami would have to give alot more to go from 13 to 5

Whereas Miami would have to give alot more to go from 13 to 5

I follow that logic ... but my point is that I think Miami isn't as close to being a contender now.  Foles to me doesn't move the needle enough IMO.   For Jax... I think he can.  Or at least appear to be able to do it on paper.  Plus then its pick 7 that they keep.   

In Miami's case, I would assume if they don't like the college QBs and can't move up for one... then they go one of the other vets as a bridge and draft other positions.   They could go Foles too, but I don't see them trading for him.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah,  thats where I see them going for it now.  I think out of all the teams that need a QB... and would put Foles on their roster... Jax would end up the best team by acquiring him.   He could move the needle just by being a game manager for them.  And a presence in the locker room.  I think with other teams he would have to do more.  

yeah Jax started off ok,then Bortles sputtered(again) and they are tired of it

Just now, joemas6 said:

I follow that logic ... but my point is that I think Miami isn't as close to being a contender now.  Foles to me doesn't move the needle enough IMO.   For Jax... I think he can.  Or at least appear to be able to do it on paper.  Plus then its pick 7 that they keep.   

In Miami's case, I would assume if they don't like the college QBs and can't move up for one... then they go one of the other vets as a bridge and draft other positions.   They could go Foles too, but I don't see them trading for him.

IDk contender for WHAT? Pats get 6 "free" games a year.Even if Foles could get them to #2 in that division,it's something to build on

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Makes sense,we just have to wait this out

Then again, Miami would cut Tannehill, saving 13.2 mill. Foles's agent knows all of this so must be talking with all these teams.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IDk contender for WHAT? Pats get 6 "free" games a year.Even if Foles could get them to #2 in that division,it's something to build on

Makes sense,we just have to wait this out

Yep, you just answered it for me.   Like I started out saying.   It's not just about if Foles is better than their current QB... its about making he commitment to him instead of going in another direction with a young guy or another cheaper one year bridge ... because that team thinks he can bring them a title soon.    Jax to me is the only team that can logically think they can win one with better QB play due to their recent success.  I think the QB position had a lot to do with their bad season this year.    

Remember, we are talking enough desire to want Foles over every other option to where they are willing to give up assets in a trade!