DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

DC... do you think Alex smith had a contract in place with Wash before the trade was officially made.    That's why forget the tag until BOTH the new team already has a deal with Foles .... and a deal in place with the Eagles.  No one year 25 mil crap... deal would be done because Foles would want a deal too.   

First, it's still a 1 year deal worth $25 million until a trade is completed. He can't sign an extension, regardless if one is agreed to or not, until the team trading for him obtains his rights via trade. That's exactly how it was with Alex Smith.

Read the rest of my posts. When you enter into negotiations, you never accept the first deal offered. Miami offering pick 116 would let you know they're interested, but you're not going to agree to that price, you make them come up to something both parties are comfortable with. I never said they wouldn't have to come up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot about this until today..    Maybe the Eagles get a 3rd next year... which would be higher than any comp pick and just allow them to go after any FA they want without worrying about getting the comp pick for Foles.   In that case, then all teams would be in... still think Jax would want us to take Bortles off their hands which gives them the edge.   Or should I say incentive to trade instead of wait for FA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don Corleone said:

First, it's still a 1 year deal worth $25 million until a trade is completed. He can't sign an extension, regardless if one is agreed to or not, until the team trading for him obtains his rights via trade.

Read the rest of my posts. When you enter into negotiations, you never accept the first deal offered. Miami offering pick 116 would let you know they're interested, but you're not going to agree to that price, you make them come up to something both parties are comfortable with. I never said they wouldn't have to come up.

DC... I was just showing GBFL... that pick 116 doesn't mean anything... because Jax can beat it twice easily.   And Miami interest doesn't effect Jax interest.   and the Alex Smith example is the same... he already had a deal in place that he signed on day 1 of 2018.   the same thing Foles would do.   We already went over this.   EVERYTHING would be in place.... nobody would back out.. because all 3 parties are getting exactly what they want.  Demand from another team is irrelevent .... except for driving the price up to round 2, but then that team would also have to have something in place with Foles for long term.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That and you don't need 2+ teams to start a bidding war, you only need one. They don't need to know they're bidding against themselves, you just need to make them believe there are other suitors. That's the fun part and we've seen Howie pull that off before. The tagging thing id risky, 1st against the CBA then again tying up that money and gambling someone will still want Foles at that kinda money - uh-uh. That risk just to make sure he doesn't wind up in the NFCE or for an extra mid to late pick - not worth it. 

BTW - If Wentz goes down again this yr I'm getting drunker than hell!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least we're not the Steelers - our drama's created by the fans and talking heads, there's is in house.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

At least we're not the Steelers - our drama's created by the fans and talking heads, there's is in house.

 

Buddy in Indy said he heard the Colts are interetsed in Bell.Also heard we may look at Howard(Bears)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting Howard in FA would pretty much mean we needn't take a RB this draft.MAY be a cheaper option than re-signing Ajayi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several things I'm pretty sure about. We need a stoudt RB. We prolly won't go with one the first 3 rds, meaning we need a starter FA. I wanted Blount way before he went to NE, then we let him go cheap - dumb!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

That and you don't need 2+ teams to start a bidding war, you only need one. They don't need to know they're bidding against themselves, you just need to make them believe there are other suitors. That's the fun part and we've seen Howie pull that off before. The tagging thing id risky, 1st against the CBA then again tying up that money and gambling someone will still want Foles at that kinda money - uh-uh. That risk just to make sure he doesn't wind up in the NFCE or for an extra mid to late pick - not worth it. 

BTW - If Wentz goes down again this yr I'm getting drunker than hell!

LOL yeah trading Foles is GREAT until that happens,then all will say "see we should kept Foles",even though they know that's impossible lol

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Several things I'm pretty sure about. We need a stoudt RB. We prolly won't go with one the first 3 rds, meaning we need a starter FA. I wanted Blount way before he went to NE, then we let him go cheap - dumb!

Bears seem to use Cohen more anyway,but Howard is definitely a banger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know what Ajayi's knees are like or if they'll hold up. Actually looking at the Rams not being able to afford both of their RB's - then again can we afford either of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Don't know what Ajayi's knees are like or if they'll hold up. Actually looking at the Rams not being able to afford both of their RB's - then again can we afford either of them?

Foles deal MUST get done,re-structure Jernigan,maybe AG goes away too.Think we can swing at least 1 decent FA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to say it but don't know him. If he's a banger - I want him! Said it for yrs, give me 2 bangers over the squigley's any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a little tunnel vision on the Eagles this past season, much to my detriment as I lost sight of a few things. I'm just starting to lok at other teams' needs and see what trades we could work out. Don't know if they could use a TE, think they'd take Hicks for Howard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyones talking about Foles and draft, now's the time to be well into upcoming cuts and trades if you'd ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Everyones talking about Foles and draft, now's the time to be well into upcoming cuts and trades if you'd ask me.

I'm sure all teams are working on that,still time left before FA opens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile back at the ranch, dullass has to pay Lawrence, Dak and Cooper, bunch of linemen on both sides, their secondary while keeping Zeke happy on his last yr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me that's where the fun's going to start. Right now Howie, Joe and everyone's working on matching FA's and trades. I'm not so naive to believe there aren't negotiations taking place. Lawrence is one FA I'd pay for, well to an extent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

LOL yeah trading Foles is GREAT until that happens,then all will say "see we should kept Foles",even though they know that's impossible lol

 

It's not our decision to let Foles go ... he wants to go somewhere and start.   This is what everyone forgets... he's not coming back here unless we trade Wentz.    The only thing now is getting max value for Foles, that's it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

It's not our decision to let Foles go ... he wants to go somewhere and start.   This is what everyone forgets... he's not coming back here unless we trade Wentz.    The only thing now is getting max value for Foles, that's it.   

I know but alot don't understand lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now