DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

This weekend(starts Saturday) the new league AAF debuts.Rules are different and they have a "sky ref" upstairs with all the tech to override bad calls on the field(hello NFL???) Rules are different.Not great players,but something for football fans to watch during the NFL :drought"

There has been a rumor that a third round pick could get Vic Beasley from ATL. Similar to Foles in a few ways. They exercised his fifth year option. 12.8 million for this season. Get a third for Foles. Give that third to ATL. Then we’d need that extension(new) contract for Beasley to be our pass rusher.

Okay fans ,  I registered to vote back in 1972. In the 47 years since no political pollster ever got in contact with me to express my views. UNTIL TODAY!  LOL  Glad that is over with. She had me on the phone for an hour. 

Ham, something I read the other day made some sense. The guy was stating not to expect any offensive players coming back to the Eagles from the team Foles is traded to because they would want to keep all those weapons for their new QB to utilize and not set him up for failure.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

There has been a rumor that a third round pick could get Vic Beasley from ATL. Similar to Foles in a few ways. They exercised his fifth year option. 12.8 million for this season. Get a third for Foles. Give that third to ATL. Then we’d need that extension(new) contract for Beasley to be our pass rusher.

We dont have a 3rd

11 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay fans ,  I registered to vote back in 1972. In the 47 years since no political pollster ever got in contact with me to express my views. UNTIL TODAY!  LOL  Glad that is over with. She had me on the phone for an hour. 

Ham, something I read the other day made some sense. The guy was stating not to expect any offensive players coming back to the Eagles from the team Foles is traded to because they would want to keep all those weapons for their new QB to utilize and not set him up for failure.

Wrang-sometimes deaf is a blessing HAHA

12 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Lota of "cap situations" out there teams may have no other choice.Some nice RB's coming on the market,so IDK what he's concluding here lol

15 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Teams Foles could go to/want to go to are pretty limited.Jax is the concensus,Miami,possible

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Miami has Codrea Tankersley they could be willing to trade. Give us RB Kenyon Drake and CB Tankersley for Foles.

That would be f’in glorious

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Miami has Codrea Tankersley they could be willing to trade. Give us RB Kenyon Drake and CB Tankersley for Foles.

Why would the Dolphins be willing to trade Tankersley? They just drafted him in 2017.

Rumors,rumors,more rumors,rumors about the rumors,rumors there are no more rumors,but that's only a rumor.Can we just WAIT and see what happens?

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Rumors,rumors,more rumors,rumors about the rumors,rumors there are no more rumors,but that's only a rumor.Can we just WAIT and see what happens?

Haven't heard any rumors ...except for the entertaining fantasies on here... lol

Watching off the dvr so I'm behind in the actual game. Miss kickoffs, something unfortunately the NFL seems to be heading towards. The shortened play clock moves things along. Like the open mic when the refs are talking and the replay, a lot more transparent than the NFL. Like the fewer commercial breaks. Almost all tv we watch is off the dvr or commercial free, they ruin the momentum of everything. Never forget my 1st live game and they actually had commercial timeouts.

FL you quoted me saying ‘if we got a third for Foles then we could trade it for Beasley.’ Then your response was ‘we don’t have a third.’ Not sure where I lost you here?

15 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Why would the Dolphins be willing to trade Tankersley? They just drafted him in 2017.

I was reading about how he wasn’t loved there. And that he wasn’t so much a fit for the new coaching regime. And to get good players you have to actually give something up sometimes. 

39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I was reading about how he wasn’t loved there. And that he wasn’t so much a fit for the new coaching regime. And to get good players you have to actually give something up sometimes. 

Tankersley tore his ACL in November. I'm also not sure why he wouldn't fit Brian Flores' defense. On top of that, I think the Eagles want draft compensation for Foles.

41 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We traded Eric Rowe to the Pats. We traded JMatt to the Bills.

Well Rowe didn't appear to fit here and JMatt was in the final year of his deal and it wasn't like he's all the Eagles gave up for Darby.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We traded Eric Rowe to the Pats. We traded JMatt to the Bills.

What did we get ?

New updated mock(rounds 1-6 by round) 1-25) Christian Wilkins-DT-Clemson 2-54) Taylor Rapp-S Washington 2-57) Yodney Cajuste-OT-WV 4-127) Bryce Love-RB-Stanford 4-139) Paris Campbell-WR-Ohio St. 5-164) Kendall Joseph-OLB-Clemson 6-199)Trysten Hill-DL-UCF 6-209) Jarrett Sidham-QB-Auburn 6-211) Jahlani Tavai-ILB-Hawaii   a few minor tweaks from past mocks(Sidham as a #3 QB behind Suds)

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

What did we get ?

A conditional 2018 pick for Rowe which ended up being a 4th round pick. JMatt and a 3rd for Ronald Darby.

Brandon Brooks‏Verified account @bbrooks_79

Big day today. Cast off and scooter retired. Back walking ppl!!!!!! Well in a boot lol