DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, 1wrangler said:

Okay fans ,  I registered to vote back in 1972. In the 47 years since no political pollster ever got in contact with me to express my views. UNTIL TODAY!  LOL  Glad that is over with. She had me on the phone for an hour. 

Ham, something I read the other day made some sense. The guy was stating not to expect any offensive players coming back to the Eagles from the team Foles is traded to because they would want to keep all those weapons for their new QB to utilize and not set him up for failure.

Congratulations. I'm 64 and have never been asked to participate in a poll. 

IMHO most polls are designed to shape public opinion not reflect it anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyler Murray(QB-Oklahoma) decides to forego baseball and enter the NFL draft.Should give us one pick closer to who we want.Could see the gnats going for him/haskins in round 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We agreed that unfortunately it wouldn't take long for Hunt to be signed. It's a new age where almost anything can and is spun to make it forgivable. In this case it's "everyone deserves a 2nd chance". That's supposed to melt our hearts. It's also past the 24 hr news cycle so by the time the season starts most fans will have forgotten and moved on.

The anticipation of who we redo, keep or let go is agonizing! Howie keeping things close to the vest, keeps opportunities open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

We agreed that unfortunately it wouldn't take long for Hunt to be signed. It's a new age where almost anything can and is spun to make it forgivable. In this case it's "everyone deserves a 2nd chance". That's supposed to melt our hearts. It's also past the 24 hr news cycle so by the time the season starts most fans will have forgotten and moved on.

The anticipation of who we redo, keep or let go is agonizing! Howie keeping things close to the vest, keeps opportunities open.

He still may not play,the NFL will decide Cleveland-the all prison team of the east 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, youguys must be bored sports wise...  the other 3 sports teams making moves here recently has at least taken up some time while the Eagles have been in hybernation.   Wentz and Alshon were at the Sixers game yesterday, that's the football news... lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000001017462/Usain-Bolt-Tyreek-Hill-battle-in-speed-challenges  

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Man, youguys must be bored sports wise...  the other 3 sports teams making moves here recently has at least taken up some time while the Eagles have been in hybernation.   Wentz and Alshon were at the Sixers game yesterday, that's the football news... lol.  

Well it's a football site after all lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an interesting question I have. WHY at the combine are they not required to be in full "game day" gear? Seems to me this would be a more accurate display

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like him back for the right price. Some say he didn't do much. I believe he could as we;re famous for under utilizing players or not playing to their strengths. Believe him to be the yac guy we could use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mjkline1958 said:

I'd like him back for the right price. Some say he didn't do much. I believe he could as we;re famous for under utilizing players or not playing to their strengths. Believe him to be the yac guy we could use.

What is the right price? I was one who said that Tate didn't do much for the Eagles but I didn't expect him too either. I still believe he could be a good asset for the Eagles going forward with more time  to learn the system. Could you imagine how many  YAC he would have with the number of passes Ertz had last year. No knock on Ertz but YAC is not one of his strong suits. I guess it comes down to who you like the best in the slot between Tate and Agholor.  When Agholor was drafted it was for the same thing we are still looking for. Deep threat. Then he had his head case with the position and went into a funk until he changed positions. Now I say for the record that there is no way the Eagles draft Agholor in the first round to be a slot receiver. Can he still be the answer as the deep threat or not? He has the speed and potential moves to be that guy as long as his dropsies are behind him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We already established that speed isn't everything as far as being a deep threat however you also have to say that it is part of the tool bag. I don't know what is holding Agholor back from becoming our deep threat. He has already proven on multiple occasions that he is capable of getting open deep. He runs a 40 yard dash of 4.42 which is pretty fast. Antonio Brown runs a 4.47 40 yard dash. Of course 32 year old Mike Wallace still runs a 4.38. He was brought in here to be that guy however he got hurt before Wentz even had an opportunity to throw him a pass. Who knows who that guy will eventually be and dollars will come into play as far as keeping all these guys but wouldn't it be nice to have a successful Agholor as our deep threat with Tate in the slot and Jeffery plus a healthy Mack Hollins. In theory we should be able to go to another Super Bowl with these receivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think one of Ag's major problems has always been not using his body to fight for the ball. Also believe Tate is a lot more dangerous once the ball's in his hands, moves really nice, evasive. We're also not sure if Sproles will be back, another guy we haven't used properly when he's available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benjamin Solak @BenjaminSolak

 
 
 
 

Benjamin Solak Retweeted America's Got Talent

Fast-forward to 6:07 #ListenerOfTheShow

 

 

Benjamin Solak added,

Dy7YdhGVsAAblvN.jpg
7:48
America's Got TalentVerified account @AGT
.@JonDorenbos is clearly a time traveler! The proof is in his #AGTChampions performance. 🤯
6:25 PM - 11 Feb 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

I'd like him back for the right price. Some say he didn't do much. I believe he could as we;re famous for under utilizing players or not playing to their strengths. Believe him to be the yac guy we could use.

Yeah hard to come in after the season has started.I'd be fine with him again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

What is the right price? I was one who said that Tate didn't do much for the Eagles but I didn't expect him too either. I still believe he could be a good asset for the Eagles going forward with more time  to learn the system. Could you imagine how many  YAC he would have with the number of passes Ertz had last year. No knock on Ertz but YAC is not one of his strong suits. I guess it comes down to who you like the best in the slot between Tate and Agholor.  When Agholor was drafted it was for the same thing we are still looking for. Deep threat. Then he had his head case with the position and went into a funk until he changed positions. Now I say for the record that there is no way the Eagles draft Agholor in the first round to be a slot receiver. Can he still be the answer as the deep threat or not? He has the speed and potential moves to be that guy as long as his dropsies are behind him. 

TBH tate would come cheaper than AG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

We already established that speed isn't everything as far as being a deep threat however you also have to say that it is part of the tool bag. I don't know what is holding Agholor back from becoming our deep threat. He has already proven on multiple occasions that he is capable of getting open deep. He runs a 40 yard dash of 4.42 which is pretty fast. Antonio Brown runs a 4.47 40 yard dash. Of course 32 year old Mike Wallace still runs a 4.38. He was brought in here to be that guy however he got hurt before Wentz even had an opportunity to throw him a pass. Who knows who that guy will eventually be and dollars will come into play as far as keeping all these guys but wouldn't it be nice to have a successful Agholor as our deep threat with Tate in the slot and Jeffery plus a healthy Mack Hollins. In theory we should be able to go to another Super Bowl with these receivers. 

JMO but feel Ag wll be a cap casualty

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

We need an outside speed receiver much more than Tate.

Here we go again lol AB ONLY runs a 4.47 40,so he must suck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now