DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW we had Treggs,how did that work out? He ran a 4.3 40

He has to be a good receiver also. Has to have skills. When bringing up a speedy receiver he also has to be a good football player. You’ve seen how DJax dictated the defensive gameplan every week. How much easier it made things for everybody else. If you don’t have a QB with a strong enough arm then it’s wasted. Wentz does have a strong arm though...so let’s utilize it.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He has to be a good receiver also. Has to have skills. When bringing up a speedy receiver he also has to be a good football player. You’ve seen how DJax dictated the defensive gameplan every week. How much easier it made things for everybody else. If you don’t have a QB with a strong enough arm then it’s wasted. Wentz does have a strong arm though...so let’s utilize it.

(see above)

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Oh back when we were a .500 club? lol

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

We already established that speed isn't everything as far as being a deep threat however you also have to say that it is part of the tool bag. I don't know what is holding Agholor back from becoming our deep threat. He has already proven on multiple occasions that he is capable of getting open deep. He runs a 40 yard dash of 4.42 which is pretty fast. Antonio Brown runs a 4.47 40 yard dash. Of course 32 year old Mike Wallace still runs a 4.38. He was brought in here to be that guy however he got hurt before Wentz even had an opportunity to throw him a pass. Who knows who that guy will eventually be and dollars will come into play as far as keeping all these guys but wouldn't it be nice to have a successful Agholor as our deep threat with Tate in the slot and Jeffery plus a healthy Mack Hollins. In theory we should be able to go to another Super Bowl with these receivers. 

Like to keep them intact,lack of a banger/stud back hurt us some.Just feel AG is too expensive,not that I don't want him,but in a year that we are struggling cap wise,unless he plays much cheaper,we really have no options but to let him go

I figure Agholor is cheaper than Tate

Detroit was willing to trade Tate because he made it clear he was looking for a huge payday

IDK I'd kick the tires on Cordarelle Patterson

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Detroit was willing to trade Tate because he made it clear he was looking for a huge payday

Ag wants the big contract, I believe tate would work on a 1 year

Patterson was only a gimmick play guy. Even still he dropped balls too much and doesn’t have much for a receiver route tree. 

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ag wants the big contract, I believe tate would work on a 1 year

You have this backwards.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

My thought was he wanted to play for a contender and not be stuck In Detriots .500 years forever

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Patterson was only a gimmick play guy. Even still he dropped balls too much and doesn’t have much for a receiver route tree. 

You have this backwards.

How so??

AG 9 mil this year,tate 3 mil and change

Both FA's, depends who wants to work cheaper with a potential post season team

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

AG 9 mil this year,tate 3 mil and change

Where did you come up with that figure for Tate? Yes I’d keep him for that...no problem. I suspect it will be much more though. I hope so...that way we get a decent comp pick back. Agholor is at 9.4 on his fifth year option. So what will it be if they extend him?

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Where did you come up with that figure for Tate? Yes I’d keep him for that...no problem. I suspect it will be much more though. I hope so...that way we get a decent comp pick back. Agholor is at 9.4 on his fifth year option. So what will it be if they extend him?

Sportrac

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

IDK that's the question at hand

You read it wrong. Sportrac says the estimated market value for Tate is over 10 mil

I'm looking at what we paid him this year.At 31 he's not worth 10 mil

Market value is market value. Not sure that needs more explanation.

He wont get it lol

I'm looking at what we paid him this year.At 31 he's not worth 10 mil

In his 30’s now he can get that one more big payday

The thing with Tate is he probably is a better fit elsewhere than here.

In his 30’s now he can get that one more big payday

The thing with Tate is he probably is a better fit elsewhere than here.

Cool cause I wont pay him 10 mil/yr lol

Huge gap between 10 plus market value and the 3 plus you believe he’ll sign for.

3.7 so we know he would work for that(or he wouldn't have signed here)