DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

In his 30’s now he can get that one more big payday

The thing with Tate is he probably is a better fit elsewhere than here.

Could work in GB opposite Allison

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

3.7 so we know he would work for that(or he wouldn't have signed here)

You are just way off here. First he didn’t sign with us for that. He was traded. So Detroit paidall his signing bonuses over a multi year contract already. Already paid him for half of the season. The 3.7 mil was what was left over after all that. Just the money still owed him for the second half of the season after all his other guaranteed money was already paid by Detroit.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You are just way off here. First he didn’t sign with us for that. He was traded. So Detroit paidall his signing bonuses over a multi year contract already. Already paid him for half of the season. The 3.7 mil was what was left over after all that. Just the money still owed him for the second half of the season after all his other guaranteed money was already paid by Detroit.

Then he goes away

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Then he goes away

So if they paid all that,they must not have felt he was worth 10 mill either right? or they wouldnt have traded him

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So if they paid all that,they must not have felt he was worth 10 mill either right? or they wouldnt have traded him

No, they paid him 10 mil per season over several seasons. They couldn’t retain him for his new contract is the scary part.

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sportrac says his market value is 10 plusmil a season. So what does Tate believe his worth? 13?

Yeah IDK,he was ok here but not worth 10 mil.If he wants to work for less I'd consider it

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah IDK,he was ok here but not worth 10 mil.If he wants to work for less I'd consider it

GB,Chicago maybe,possibly Balt.

A little amused looking at the 41 posts this am after mentioning that I'd like Tate back at the right price. Many complain about our lack of yac. All I'm saying is if the price isn't prohibitive, Tate's very good at what we need, esp if he had the opportunity to hang w/ Wentz in the OS and we use him properly.

Lack of YAC is multifaceted. Some is up to the QB. He has to make good reads. And throw an accurate ball. Obviously if he throws to a guy that’s covered or behind the receiver that limits YAC.

Some of the lack of YAC was because the other team wasn’t worried about the run. And they weren’t worried about the deep ball. That leaves a bunch of coverage....all playing forward.

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

A little amused looking at the 41 posts this am after mentioning that I'd like Tate back at the right price. Many complain about our lack of yac. All I'm saying is if the price isn't prohibitive, Tate's very good at what we need, esp if he had the opportunity to hang w/ Wentz in the OS and we use him properly.

YAC nice to have,however one glaring thing they could fix(possibly) is when you need 7 yards,DONT run a 5 yard pattern lol.Big plays are great,but moving the chains wins games

14 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Think one of Ag's major problems has always been not using his body to fight for the ball. Also believe Tate is a lot more dangerous once the ball's in his hands, moves really nice, evasive. We're also not sure if Sproles will be back, another guy we haven't used properly when he's available.

Wow... all these guys we haven't used properly ... still won a SB and almost got back to the NFC title game.   I think maybe a few of us should go into coaching since we know better than Doug and his staff... probably get better results too by using these guys properly .... LOL

Only one guy can touch the ball at a time.    Getting open and catching the ball is priority over everything else...  whatever "used properly" means ... it doesn't matter if the player doesn't get open and catch the ball first.    

If we pass... we should have run.   If we passed to Ertz, then why didn't Alshon get a target ... how come on the same play we weren't able to target Alshon, Ertz, Tate , Agholor and Sproles on the same play... while also using Goedert "properly"     LOL   

If Doug can't find a way for 5 guys to get a reception on the same play, then he won't last long in this league... LOL

13 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ag wants the big contract, I believe tate would work on a 1 year

GBFL... you have inside info on Agholor?   Same dude who said Peters was ok with playing Guard?   

13 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

AG 9 mil this year,tate 3 mil and change

?????????????

2018   Agholor made $1.713 mil        Tate made $7 mil 

2019 ... Tate is a UFA with his last big deal on horizon ....   Agholor had his 5th year option exercised... which is $9.387 mil   (No shot Eagles are paying that, was done last year for control and incase Agholor had a big year)    His salary is no way $9 mil, nothing is real yet.  No way Eagles pay that... and no way do they need to go off of that number either.   Agholor's value would be what it is around the league, has nothing to do with that $9.387 mil #.  

Several Clemson D-linemen going in the first round.  Anyone worried that their respective numbers were better BECAUSE of the DLinemen beside them?  One may be MUCH better than the other?

As for Tate vs Agholor, I suspect they would get used about the same, so try to keep the one you like best. I suspect they go with the guy they like the best that they can get a better deal with.  Who knows?

RB - the Eagles need to find one period.  Adams and Smallwood are not it.  Both good 3rd stringers.

My focus would be on both LINES.  JP can't play forever. Vaitai is a backup who plays his heart out when called upon; but he is a BACKUP.  Brooks injury? Kelce is starting to get up there; although I'm a big fan of his. I hope he can play at a high level for another 5 years.  The DLine needs to be addressed early and often too.  Lots of questions and possibly lots of holes to fill.  The Eagles list of FAs is larger than most other teams.

Cook, Clemson had a completely dominating defense...period. Good secondary, LB all behind that fantastic Dline. You could say they picked each other up a notch. Or you could believe they played in the most NFL ready defense.

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Also, the Bucs are releasing Vinny Curry

Bring him in on the cheap!