DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Advanced statistics would tell you Agholor creates more separation than any player on the team. Yet his production stats don’t reflect this.Where do you place the blame? Pedey? Wentz? Agholor? Is it a doesn’t fit here issue? What are we looking for out of him? And I think that’s the key. For me I’m looking for that....three...or four more big plays over the top...or where he busts it to change field position. Big plays. Being a playmaker.

19 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Advanced statistics would tell you Agholor creates more separation than any player on the team. Yet his production stats don’t reflect this.Where do you place the blame? Pedey? Wentz? Agholor? Is it a doesn’t fit here issue? What are we looking for out of him? And I think that’s the key. For me I’m looking for that....three...or four more big plays over the top...or where he busts it to change field position. Big plays. Being a playmaker.

Me too! If Agholor or any other person brought in to play the deep threat is not getting at least 4 deep balls a game thrown at them, then it is either Wentz's or Pederson's fault. I just happen to believe that Agholor can get open deep 4 times a game. Whether those passes are completed or not is something else but they have value to the offense even if they are incomplete.

Just now, Don Corleone said:

Ravens trading Flacco to the Broncos

I believe that the Broncos have a potential out with Keenum this year. Is that correct DC?

So fans, I have sort of been plugging Agholor to get another chance at the deep threat WR position and then I read this "It remains to be seen just how big a deal the Eagles would give a receiver who has never managed even 800 receiving yards in a season in his four-year career."

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

So fans, I have sort of been plugging Agholor to get another chance at the deep threat WR position and then I read this "It remains to be seen just how big a deal the Eagles would give a receiver who has never managed even 800 receiving yards in a season in his four-year career."

image.png.91951ef2cf94bdf06aba9ee0ac3a3d74.png

When you think about Agholor in terms of receiving yardage, Jordan Matthews had more than Agholor and was traded away along with a third round pick by the Eagles for Darby. 

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

When you think about Agholor in terms of receiving yardage, Jordan Matthews had more than Agholor and was traded away along with a third round pick by the Eagles for Darby. 

image.png.a6a5266cd6d9bf635b641546dfc76b65.png

Agholor is a complimentary piece.  I'm good bringing him back at a team friendly deal as our slot WR.    It worked, don't change it.   What was missing from the offense last year was the outside complimentary piece opposite of Alshon.   We need to get that guy.  Then we have Agholor as the slot, and a great two TE set to work as our main two packages.  

It;s not about a stopwatch, its about football skills.   Agholor is much better suited for the slot, man in motion, orbit motion, end around, bubble screen, misdirection ...etc.  than he is suited on the outside trying to get off bump coverage and just running a go route.  Doesn't necessarily have to be a speed guy at the other outside spot, just a guy that gives a #2 CB a mismatch when trying to cover him one on one.   

44 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Flacco will get his deal redone.   You can imagine talks have been going on.     Which should be what is happening with Foles.   

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Agholor is a complimentary piece.  I'm good bringing him back at a team friendly deal as our slot WR.    It worked, don't change it.   What was missing from the offense last year was the outside complimentary piece opposite of Alshon.   We need to get that guy.  Then we have Agholor as the slot, and a great two TE set to work as our main two packages.  

It;s not about a stopwatch, its about football skills.   Agholor is much better suited for the slot, man in motion, orbit motion, end around, bubble screen, misdirection ...etc.  than he is suited on the outside trying to get off bump coverage and just running a go route.  Doesn't necessarily have to be a speed guy at the other outside spot, just a guy that gives a #2 CB a mismatch when trying to cover him one on one.   

So who do you like better in the slot as far as Matthews or Agholor if the price is the same? The stats of both players are listed above thanks to downundermike.

This is great to get Flacco off the market.   Denver was never going to go after Foles.   4th round pick from Denver... they have 113 and 125   

I think we should be able to get that from Jax.  ... they have pick 109 ... but also have pick 98 too.    If Howie can swing a trade where he takes Bortles off their hands, maybe he can bump that up to a possible pick # 69.  

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

So who do you like better in the slot as far as Matthews or Agholor if the price is the same? The stats of both players are listed above thanks to downundermike.

Agholor ... because he brings an element where he can turn a short pass into a long gain.   Matthews is a possession type of slot WR.  I don't love those guys.   I'm paying more for Agholor.   He's also made some more clutch plays when it counted for real for us.   Plus the added bonus of not having the perception of being the QB's best friend.   I don't need that on the team.   I'm looking at the whole puzzle and how either would fit in, not specifically who you could debate is better.    This is why the Pats win, they look at the puzzle as a whole.  

8 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

And look at the targets... Matthews had more targets... which takes away from the other players.  We already have Alshon, Ertz and Goedert ... someone with a different skill set ... all those things I mentioned with the motions, bubble screens, end arounds ...etc.    Much better compliment, as we saw in 2017.    But the missing piece is that other guy on the outside.  

30 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

With the cap issues,may be in the best interest to re-sign Tate.Took awhile before he made an impact,but he DID come on as the season progressed.Not many FA WR's out there to look at any better IMO

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

With the cap issues,may be in the best interest to re-sign Tate.Took awhile before he made an impact,but he DID come on as the season progressed.Not many FA WR's out there to look at any better IMO

GBFL... Agholor will come much cheaper than Tate.

Just now, joemas6 said:

We may keep both if we can arrange team friendly deals.Hollins in the wings and suspect we take 1 in the draft,but we need that consistency even if we don't have a 1000 yard receiver

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

It was reported at the trade deadline that his camp would be seeking more than $10 million in FA.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Exactly.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We may keep both if we can arrange team friendly deals.Hollins in the wings and suspect we take 1 in the draft,but we need that consistency even if we don't have a 1000 yard receiver

The WR situation isn't that dire to where they need to keep both and the draft class is pretty deep.

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

It was reported at the trade deadline that his camp would be seeking more than $10 million in FA.

Exactly.

Welp,than that leaves trying to find a FA WR and really it's SPARSE in that regard

Just now, Don Corleone said:

The WR situation isn't that dire to where they need to keep both and the draft class is pretty deep.

Yeah,but most times rooks take time to develop.You get your exceptions and we would have to nail an exception