DaveSpadaro

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We may keep both if we can arrange team friendly deals.Hollins in the wings and suspect we take 1 in the draft,but we need that consistency even if we don't have a 1000 yard receiver

Nope ... one or the other ... or neither.    Probably Agholor so they can get a younger guy cheaper and ge the comp pick for Tate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joemas6 said:

Nope ... one or the other ... or neither.    Probably Agholor so they can get a younger guy cheaper and ge the comp pick for Tate.

Yeah,possibly we can trade for a 5th year rook optioned WR somewhere,but not alot of FA's worth much being released/cut

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Nope ... one or the other ... or neither.    Probably Agholor so they can get a younger guy cheaper and ge the comp pick for Tate.

BR says Tate to the jets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Welp,than that leaves trying to find a FA WR and really it's SPARSE in that regard

Or Agholor as we have been saying.   LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we keep Wallace.Really got no chance to see what he can do,then again injuries with him are an issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah,but most times rooks take time to develop.You get your exceptions and we would have to nail an exception

Of course they take time to develop, but again, it's not exactly the Eagles WR situation is so dire that they need to keep them both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah,possibly we can trade for a 5th year rook optioned WR somewhere,but not alot of FA's worth much being released/cut

Sure, a possible trade for Agholor could change things ... this is where getting Tate gave them some options now.   Seems like Tate has tweeted a few times that he hasn't heard from the Eagles ... so my guess is something is trying to get done with Agholor ... one way or the other.  If we traded Agholor soon, still have time to negotiate with Tate prior to him hitting FA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Sure, a possible trade for Agholor could change things ... this is where getting Tate gave them some options now.   Seems like Tate has tweeted a few times that he hasn't heard from the Eagles ... so my guess is something is trying to get done with Agholor ... one way or the other.  If we traded Agholor soon, still have time to negotiate with Tate prior to him hitting FA.  

You also may be onto something when you mentioned getting Djax back here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

and who else???? Alshon and ???

Well Hollins for one .... but I think they target another outside WR.    I think it will be a vet guy in that role.   DeSean, Smith, Wallace ... that type of player.  I don't think that spot gets filled ASAP.   First things first ... sure up the slot.    That outside could be a draft guy or a vet signed for cheap down the road.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

That outside could be a draft guy or a vet signed for cheap down the road.  

Give me this guy

image.jpeg.d1ef5b7cc0d245df463c9a92aca08f5d.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Well Hollins for one .... but I think they target another outside WR.    I think it will be a vet guy in that role.   DeSean, Smith, Wallace ... that type of player.  I don't think that spot gets filled ASAP.   First things first ... sure up the slot.    That outside could be a draft guy or a vet signed for cheap down the road.    

Can't totally rule out Gibson staying.he hasn't shown much,but neither did AG for 2 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan Matthews was paid 790K. Tate wants 10 mil plus. Agholor is owed 9.4. 

 Agholor—736 yards at 11.5 per and 4 TDs

Matthews—300 yards at 15.0 and 2 TDs

 JMatt had a third of the snaps of Agholor this season. So am even comparison would be JMatt—900yards at 15 per with 6 TDs. 

 And there is a football field of price difference in the two. Logic tells me I let Tate and Agholor go and I can get similar production out of the slot for cheap. Not just JMatt but Hollins, Perkins and if Sproles comes back a year even. Then I have money to improve the team elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

Give me this guy

image.jpeg.d1ef5b7cc0d245df463c9a92aca08f5d.jpeg

That was my earlier mock pick.Kids good,it would cost us a 2 if he's still there by then

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

That was my earlier mock pick.Kids good,it would cost us a 2 if he's still there by then

Hakeem Butler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Jordan Matthews was paid 790K. Tate wants 10 mil plus. Agholor is owed 9.4. 

 Agholor—736 yards at 11.5 per and 4 TDs

Matthews—300 yards at 15.0 and 2 TDs

 JMatt had a third of the snaps of Agholor this season. So am even comparison would be JMatt—900yards at 15 per with 6 TDs. 

 And there is a football field of price difference in the two. Logic tells me I let Tate and Agholor go and I can get similar production out of the slot for cheap. Not just JMatt but Hollins, Perkins and if Sproles comes back a year even. Then I have money to improve the team elsewhere.

No thanks on JMatt ... he can come back for a tryout.   Don't really want the perception of Wentz's best friend on the team.   He's a possession slot guy ... not looking at stats ...where two of his plays he wasn't even covered.   Agholor isn't sniffing $9 mil for a salary or cap hit.  Gotta move on from anything prior to 2017 .... with the exception of DeSean on the outside as a #2.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

DC probably right,we gave up a 3rd for Tate,get that comp pick back and move on

Dang ,the beauty once again of Howies deals, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

No thanks on JMatt ... he can come back for a tryout.   Don't really want the perception of Wentz's best friend on the team.   He's a possession slot guy ... not looking at stats ...where two of his plays he wasn't even covered.   Agholor isn't sniffing $9 mil for a salary or cap hit.  Gotta move on from anything prior to 2017 .... with the exception of DeSean on the outside as a #2.   

Yes why look at stats that show he’s just as/or more productive. Pesky stats and actual production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yes why look at stats that show he’s just as/or more productive. Pesky stats and actual production.

I agree.. .stats are a little decieving.  Especailly when you take into consideration which player the defense actually tries to stop.   I'll take Agholor 2017 over any JMatt season.   For the number of targets, Agholor was more efficient.  Again ... its the whole puzzle... since we already have Alshon, Ertz and Goedert, Agholor brings the different skill set.   It's not really complicated.   I don't think Howie will have interest in JMatt until after the comp pick formula is finished in May ... probably hoping some sucker will sign him so we can get a 7th round comp pick.   If he is available then, I could see jMatt back for a tryout in camp.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Good stuff DC ... what that tells me... Denver is willing to take the bigger cap hit in 2019 so they can cut Flacco next year ... with the ability to start over in 2020 if he is deemed a failure.    They have $37 mil of cap space ... swapping Keenum for Flacco still around $30 mil ... but better off with no strings attached.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Good stuff DC ... what that tells me... Denver is willing to take the bigger cap hit in 2019 so they can cut Flacco next year ... with the ability to start over in 2020 if he is deemed a failure.    They have $37 mil of cap space ... swapping Keenum for Flacco still around $30 mil ... but better off with no strings attached.  

Plus they are projected to have $106.7 million in cap space in 2020. So there's no issue there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

Plus they are projected to have $106.7 million in cap space in 2020. So there's no issue there.

Gotta be honest .. I think they just view Flacco as a better player.   More production over his career when not looking at it through Green lenses.  Great player in the playoffs too.  Games vs Denver.    I'm glad Flacco is off the table now for the other teams.   I still keep coming back to Jax, just makes too much sense.  I think Foles will end up there, just depends how.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now